• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Scripting Mace and shield glasses on your shard?

R

RD Gumbie

Pretty much 24/7 there are 3 chars macroing on Baja. They recall into Fel cove bank, withdrawl a random amount of gold, buy axes from a shop (unknown) and then recall to tram library where they turn them in for points. Ive called 3 times and nothing, I'm not sure if they are the gold scripters so there is actually someone watching them for GMs or the GMs just arent coming. But one of the chars ran out of gold the other day and was trying to withdrawl gold for over an hr from the bank.

If I was a GM instead of asking them if they were there so they could respond to a GM mark in thier macros. I would take the gold outta there acct and see how long it takes them to actually come back to thier acct and then I'd see who the person was giving them all the gold to buy more points and take them all down.

H

Holise

Pretty much 24/7 there are 3 chars macroing on Baja. They recall into Fel cove bank, withdrawl a random amount of gold, buy axes from a shop (unknown) and then recall to tram library where they turn them in for points. Ive called 3 times and nothing, I'm not sure if they are the gold scripters so there is actually someone watching them for GMs or the GMs just arent coming. But one of the chars ran out of gold the other day and was trying to withdrawl gold for over an hr from the bank.

If I was a GM instead of asking them if they were there so they could respond to a GM mark in thier macros. I would take the gold outta there acct and see how long it takes them to actually come back to thier acct and then I'd see who the person was giving them all the gold to buy more points and take them all down.
Well, just base on something thats out of there knowledge then ppl starting to call others cheater + scripter....all i can say is that not everything is a cheat.Try discover the ways to earn money,spend some time walk around the world of UO....stop pvping for a min, and try to be a business man you will find the way to work that thing u called scripting...

R

RD Gumbie

Not everything is a cheat, BUT when a character is spaming different gold amounts at the bank but lacking the funds for over an hr I don't see how you can come up with an explination of them not exploiting or scripting.

And it's pretty tough to kill someone in Cove bank that recalls in for enough time to just witdrawl money then recall out.

H

Holise

all i can say is that.. the guy u caught is really dumb...u dont need to have money in ur bag in order to complete that marco it can be done legally...

F

feath

number crunches;

buy out; 12m
battle axe; 9pt
gold 1pt per 15gp
battle ax 22gp
gold needed for 88,889 battle axes; 1.96m
time needed to buy, deliver, click, and tag 88,889 axes; god knows

88,889 axes
712 trips full backpacks
or 356 trips with bug
or 178 trips with 4 packies

Good resell if you dont mind having your brain dribble out of your ears.

yeah, the guy is probably scripting. report to a gm and just wait. he'll be back around soon, dont you think?

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
number crunches;

buy out; 12m
battle axe; 9pt
gold 1pt per 15gp
battle ax 22gp

88,889 axes
712 trips full backpacks
or 356 trips with bug

yeah, the guy is probably scripting. report to a gm and just wait. he'll be back around soon, dont you think?
I can't believe I didn't think of this.

Oh well....Without scripting, it'd probably take too long anyway.

I wonder if, now that this technique is out there, we're about to see the value of the Mace and Shield Glasses plummet on most shards?

*chuckles*

-Galen's player

H

Holise

i assume ur battle axe it trammel price?
go to fel~~ and get some bucklers ^^

F

feath

i assume ur battle axe it trammel price?
go to fel~~ and get some bucklers ^^
on europa;

tram;
buckler 51gp
battle axe 22gp

fel;
bucker 38gp
battle axe 15gp

buckler; 9pt
battle axe; 9pt

cheapest deal; fel, axe at 15 gp, or 1.34m per 88,889 axes.

doesn't change any of the other numbers.

H

Holise

oh my mistake...i thought those bucklers were still 16 pt per before they got changed...now i finally remember why i stop doing them haa....

C

Coppelia

I can't believe I didn't think of this.

Oh well....Without scripting, it'd probably take too long anyway.

I wonder if, now that this technique is out there, we're about to see the value of the Mace and Shield Glasses plummet on most shards?

*chuckles*

-Galen's player
Collections have been scripted from day 1. It's been designed like that. Either you sink your gold at 1pt per 15gc, ie 12 millions for the top item, or you bot to fill the collection with items. If devs wouldn't want us to bot, they would have designed them smartly.

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Collections have been scripted from day 1. It's been designed like that. Either you sink your gold at 1pt per 15gc, ie 12 millions for the top item, or you bot to fill the collection with items. If devs wouldn't want us to bot, they would have designed them smartly.
Bingo. The collections were 100% to the benefit of scripters. We tried to tell the devs in the beta phase and they never listened.

Some simple changes to the gold point system and some of the donation items and they would be a great benefit to the economy - instead - they are all about scripting. Period.

Who has the patience to donate 88,000 axes by hand? No one. Buy from a scripter instead.

Doomsday Dragon

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not everything is a cheat, BUT when a character is spaming different gold amounts at the bank but lacking the funds for over an hr I don't see how you can come up with an explination of them not exploiting or scripting.

And it's pretty tough to kill someone in Cove bank that recalls in for enough time to just witdrawl money then recall out.
Yeah I would have to agree. There is a line when you go from making an accusation to having some type of proof they are actually doing something wrong.

I would say this is one case where you actually caught a cheater red handed (empty handed also :hahaha:) But yeah this is much different than claiming someone is cheating because they have tons of stuff for sale or tons of stuff hoarded up that you consider to rare for one person to own that many of.

I would say this guy was cheating but I was not the one who saw it. However given the facts you stated are true then yeah they were cheating.

You should have gotten some type of proof while it was happening and sent it to someone like Jeremy you may have had better results than paging a GM. I have a feeling we never see a GM take action because so many people page for frivolous things.

Y

Yalp

aha. I wondered how those mace/shield glasses on baja go for millions below the 12 million gold donation.. couldn't for the life of me imagine getting all those axes and donating in regular game play.

Now if someone could just come up with a macro for taming/donating drakes to the zoo.. I'd be very happy! :lick:

Pickaxe Pete

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I did my Mace & Shield manually. It took a week (no exaggeration at all.) Hell of a lot of work.

All the time I was doing it (this was a couple years ago) there were scripters recalling in and out 24/7.

Same ole. :)

They should be able to get 2-3 pair a week easily since they don't need to eat/sleep/work.

Fortunately, I don't see them all the time, just off and on.

No big deal to me, just sharing what I've noticed.

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
aha. I wondered how those mace/shield glasses on baja go for millions below the 12 million gold donation.. couldn't for the life of me imagine getting all those axes and donating in regular game play.

Now if someone could just come up with a macro for taming/donating drakes to the zoo.. I'd be very happy! :lick:
There's a script for taming unicorns and handing them in... met it, tried to tame uni from under it (they're fast!), then had it try to command said unicorn when I got it lol. It was so obviously going from 1 tile to the next tile in exactly the same sequence at full speed. Killed a uni it was going to tame, which then threw the spanner in the works as it recalled to the zoo box and stood there for at least an hour. I'm guessing that triggered the guy to stop it, or perhaps he just hit the stop button when he detected someone messing with his unis. I think the char said "lol" or something as the uni died, but certainly wasn't attended before then.

There are few things which can't be scripted, though I'd love to meet the drake taming one. I'd guess it could be done with a fancy enough script, but probably is beyond the basic cheat's capabilities.

Wenchy

L

Lord Kynd

There's a script for taming unicorns and handing them in... met it, tried to tame uni from under it (they're fast!), then had it try to command said unicorn when I got it lol. It was so obviously going from 1 tile to the next tile in exactly the same sequence at full speed. Killed a uni it was going to tame, which then threw the spanner in the works as it recalled to the zoo box and stood there for at least an hour. I'm guessing that triggered the guy to stop it, or perhaps he just hit the stop button when he detected someone messing with his unis. I think the char said "lol" or something as the uni died, but certainly wasn't attended before then.

There are few things which can't be scripted, though I'd love to meet the drake taming one. I'd guess it could be done with a fancy enough script, but probably is beyond the basic cheat's capabilities.

Wenchy
they said lol then left after you killed there uni they where trying to tame ?
sounds like the person is just a good tamer and was playing your 'game' with you untill they lost. but where a good sport laughed and left.
at least they didn't come back and grief you by killing your taming attemps.

now go turn in 80k+ axe's for some glasses. that doesn't sound exciting.

F

feath

Wenchy
they said lol then left after you killed there uni they where trying to tame ?
sounds like the person is just a good tamer and was playing your 'game' with you untill they lost. but where a good sport laughed and left.
at least they didn't come back and grief you by killing your taming attemps.

now go turn in 80k+ axe's for some glasses. that doesn't sound exciting.
you missed the 'standing for an hour' at the zoo.
But i commend you for trying. I had a lot of trouble following that post, and I'm still not exactly sure what happened in what sequence.

M

miss uo

number crunches;

buy out; 12m
battle axe; 9pt
gold 1pt per 15gp
battle ax 22gp

88,889 axes
712 trips full backpacks
or 356 trips with bug

I tried this recently, finally gave up after a few days and just purchased one for 9 mill.