• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

"Scripter ignore" mode of monsters?

Olahorand

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Today at the invasion spawn in Trinsic I did see a strange behavior: an invader lieutenant was banksitting. Two scripters (miners, could see the ore flying around) arrived and recalled away and arrived and ...
One of them got instantly targeted by the lieutenant and beaten into dust.
*Rest in peace*
The other one was ignored all the time, even with the lieutenant walking in the same room as the scripter. The only visible difference was, that the unattacked scripter had an Embroidered Oak Leaf Cloak replica equipped.
So I wonder if this item has a property to ignore players or if there is something else behind this strange behavior?
*Salute*
Olahorand

T

Turdnugget

I dont think there is a script that lets you 'ignore' creature agro...

How long did you watch this happen?

Olahorand

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
More than 15 minutes. If I revealed myself, it took him about 3 seconds to target me, as he did with the other scripter. The phase between incoming and outgoing of the scripter is about 20 seconds, so the lieutenant had plenty of time to select the target.
*Salute*
Olahorand

Lady Arwen

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah, I have to agree with Turdnugget.. I dont think any scripts let you ignore creater agro. BUT I have had some strange things happen lately. The other day I was taming a reptalion in the Laberynth. I was trying to lore all the minotars and things to the front so that only the reptalion was in the back. I had abouy 3 or 4 of the minotars and me and i ran to the front and invised. When I came out to run back, two of them started following me but they were not agroed and would not attack me. Just followed me around. So I dont know whats going on, I have had that happen a few times in the past before.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yep, can get quite a herd of stuff following around like puppies, and it sometimes takes a long time for them to remember "heeyyyy, I should be crushing this little person!"

N

Nvnter

yep, can get quite a herd of stuff following around like puppies, and it sometimes takes a long time for them to remember "heeyyyy, I should be crushing this little person!"
You speak as if you have been crushed a few times :) :lick:

C

Chloe la Mare

i had some nasties following my dead dragon around at a champ spawn today. Was rather annoying as i couldnt ress him because of them...

S

somoka

Yeah, I have to agree with Turdnugget.. I dont think any scripts let you ignore creater agro. BUT I have had some strange things happen lately. The other day I was taming a reptalion in the Laberynth. I was trying to lore all the minotars and things to the front so that only the reptalion was in the back. I had abouy 3 or 4 of the minotars and me and i ran to the front and invised. When I came out to run back, two of them started following me but they were not agroed and would not attack me. Just followed me around. So I dont know whats going on, I have had that happen a few times in the past before.
i had something similar happen to me a few months ago at destard. was taming a greater and my honor ran out. when i came back in he didn't agro on me. instead, he just followed me around until i tamed him.

B

Beastmaster

Probably part of the 'broken' monster follow code. Many times I have invised on my stealther only to have the monster follow me everywhere I went while stealthing.

R

Ravahan

Yeah, a "script" won't let you do that. I don't know what all exploits are floating around, but if someone geniuinely was immune to aggro that'd be what that is. Its worth noting that the main script site will actively delete any scripts posted which utilize exploits.

Speaking of script miners, I had fun time with one the other day. He kept showing up while my smith was out there, and I had my mage out there anyway to take care of any elementals (different account so he could time out while my other guy mined. I couldn't run two clients on this box if I wanted to) and decided after several attempts at communication that I'd mess around with him.

So he recalls in, and I paralyze him. And he just sits there and mines, even while para is on... *chuckles* And then, off he goes to recall.... to a spot 8 tiles away. So I run over and LP him and start to dump... aaaand he recalls off at like 5% health. No biggie, I decide, I'll wait.

About 10 minutes later, he shows up again. This time I decide I'll just see how long I can keep him in place, so the goal is to cast para over and over again. Suprisingly to me, you can't para someone who's casting a spell apparantly and he recalls off. I messed with him a few more times in similar methods, and then got bored and went to do more productive things. It amazes me how hard it is to keep someone from recalling.. I'm guessing he had protection up. I hit upon the idea of using Mana Drain just before deciding I was tired of the whole routine.

Bomb Bloke

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This happens a lot in Bedlam: If a person is targeted and leaves the map, the monsters will run full bore to the NW (away from the entrance). When that person returns, all the monsters run back at them at full speed (even if they invis themselves).

While monsters are in this state, they might not agro against other players as they're still following the target that left the map...

S

Shotgun

Yeah, a "script" won't let you do that. I don't know what all exploits are floating around, but if someone geniuinely was immune to aggro that'd be what that is. Its worth noting that the main script site will actively delete any scripts posted which utilize exploits.

Speaking of script miners, I had fun time with one the other day. He kept showing up while my smith was out there, and I had my mage out there anyway to take care of any elementals (different account so he could time out while my other guy mined. I couldn't run two clients on this box if I wanted to) and decided after several attempts at communication that I'd mess around with him.

So he recalls in, and I paralyze him. And he just sits there and mines, even while para is on... *chuckles* And then, off he goes to recall.... to a spot 8 tiles away. So I run over and LP him and start to dump... aaaand he recalls off at like 5% health. No biggie, I decide, I'll wait.

About 10 minutes later, he shows up again. This time I decide I'll just see how long I can keep him in place, so the goal is to cast para over and over again. Suprisingly to me, you can't para someone who's casting a spell apparantly and he recalls off. I messed with him a few more times in similar methods, and then got bored and went to do more productive things. It amazes me how hard it is to keep someone from recalling.. I'm guessing he had protection up. I hit upon the idea of using Mana Drain just before deciding I was tired of the whole routine.
next time get a ward removal talisman and remove his protection then you will be able to fizzle his recall and kill him

R

Ravahan

next time get a ward removal talisman and remove his protection then you will be able to fizzle his recall and kill him
You can do that??? Freaking awesome! I knew those silly talismans were good for something!