• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Inscription] Scribe and Alchemy with a PvM Mage

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Is this something that is totally stupid or are there templates out there? I am on a new shard and making a scribe and alchemist. I do not want to make two mules if possible so thought I might try adding them to a mage.
  1. Thoughts?
  2. Templates?
  3. Back to Drawing Board?
  4. Just make 2 mules and be done with it already?

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Is this something that is totally stupid or are there templates out there? I am on a new shard and making a scribe and alchemist. I do not want to make two mules if possible so thought I might try adding them to a mage.
  1. Thoughts?
  2. Templates?
  3. Back to Drawing Board?
  4. Just make 2 mules and be done with it already?
Inscription will atleast have some use for Magery in that it gives a 10% boost to the damage done by Magery spells - BUT - with so many more items available today that have SDI on them, I'm not sure if the difference you're going to see is truly worth the skill points from a damage output perspective. Alchemy on the other hand is more useful for PVP than PVM as far as it's utility for fighting goes. It does atleast give some form of "Enhanced Potion" bonus that would make it more useful to consider incorporating chugging pots into your build, even if it's just for PVM. Excerpt from official Wiki below:
1706510520997.png

So combine that with EP on your jewels and you will have something useful.

I think your option 4 of just making 2 mules is the best. OR - just make one mule - and get some soulstones to swap skills as you need them. If you feel like you really want to give the Alchemy Scribe Mage a run of it, look at some of the other Mystic Mage templates out there and just replace Mysticism and Focus with Inscription and Alchemy. A Scribe Mage Spellweaver could actually be a decent combination if you feel like the spell damage boost you get from GM Inscription is noticeable enough.