• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Screenshot Contest!

Luka Melehan

Certifiable
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Hello again!

As you all know, Project: Gorgon is launching another Kickstarter campaign starting July 31st!

You guys know best what you love about our game, what sites and activities might help spread the word and get funding off to a great start. Starting today, July 16th and ending on Sunday, July 20th at 12am US EST, we're going to run a quick, fun contest.

The winner will be randomly drawn as a lottery from posters in this thread so everyone has a chance at winning: your choice of 20 teleportation gems (amethyst), 50 skulls (any), OR 500 cotton!

To enter all we need are 3 fun screenshots of Project: Gorgon taken by you!. The purpose is to show off this fun game we have come to love, and put PG's best foot forward. That's it! Simple, eh?

On Monday, July 21st, we'll randomly draw a player name from this thread and announce the winner! Spread the word, get your friends involved and get ready to kick Project: Gorgon into gear!

seasidelion

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
hehe didn't have time to pull screenshots, and I think I'm again late to the party, but here's the stream link on youtube.

MrWakka

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
So I took a few screenshots, but I have no idea where project gorgon saves them to. Anyone know where I can find them at?

MrWakka

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
So I went and retook a few of the ones I had taken around Serbule using printscreen. Still not sure if the screenshot shortcuts work or not, and if they do where they save to.

Attachments

Last edited:

Illywing

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
So this is lyramis, and I hope I did this right lol Screenshot_12.png Screenshot_10.png Screenshot_13.png Images with ppl and mobs look kinda funny with the white lines under them, so mine are rather unpopulated.

Attachments

seasidelion

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
hope I'm not too late! I'll get one of the cow flying up soon, but here for now are 3 answering a question in another thread

altgivingtylerstuff1.png altgivingtylerstuffsuccess1.png seasgivingtylerstuff1.png

me giving stuff to tyler green on a maxed favor and a no favor character

Edit: had issues uploading b/c of file size? I'm newb and using Paint to edit (And to resize to upload) any ideas?

Vee

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Turkeyneck - What settings are you using for your picture of Serbule town? I did a complete reinstall less than a week ago and using default setting I see a lot less vegetation and at lower resolution. I can only see 3 trees and the bushes near 2 of them. The trees in the south of town and outside town are not visible. The grasses etc seen in your picture at bottom left also don't show on my screen though they appear to be closer than the tree south of the stable which does show.

Luka Melehan

Certifiable
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
WOOT! WOOT Erenio is the winner! Decide which of the three choices of gifts you want and get with Auriel in game. WOOT! WOOT!

Stay tuned for the next contest. This one will be really exciting!

Turkeyneck

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Turkeyneck - What settings are you using for your picture of Serbule town? I did a complete reinstall less than a week ago and using default setting I see a lot less vegetation and at lower resolution. I can only see 3 trees and the bushes near 2 of them. The trees in the south of town and outside town are not visible. The grasses etc seen in your picture at bottom left also don't show on my screen though they appear to be closer than the tree south of the stable which does show.
I change resolutions all of the time depending on whether I'm playing windowed or full-screen.

Graphics Quality is set to Fantastic, and I have 'experimental optimizations' checked as well.

My overrides I've screencapped and listed below. I haven't toggled them at all, at least not to my memory - I do however use the in-game 'hi-res' screenshot option (it's at the bottom of the keybinds list - I have mine set to CTRL + SHIFT + P. I have to hit it twice to actually get it to take a picture for some reason as well.)

Vee

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Thanks for the information. I will adjust things later to find what I like but changing the following 6 advanced settings gave a very big improvement.
Target Frame Rate - 30
Tree Draw Distance - 1000
Max High-Res Trees - 100
Tree Billboard Distance - 201
Grass Draw Distance - 250
Grass Draw Density - 1
I have been leaving Experimantal Optimizations and Auto-Adjust Quality Level unchecked with Fastest checked and this gave a minimum framerate of 30 most of the time. I didn't change these settings when I made the advanced changes and on the first check - collecting minerals from surveys - the framerate was maintained.
After the earlier patch that reduced the graphics and before making these changes and using the default settings Serbule, outside town, was a featureless green/brown tundra with an occasional cartoon tree appearing close by and no grass of flowers on the ground. It must give a bad impression to new players.

Auriel

Project: Gorgon Game Mod
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Thanks for posting about your settings. It will at least give folks something to start from if they don't understand the settings....like me. If its alright I would like to make a post out of the last two replies and have it stickied.

Vee

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Thanks for posting about your settings. It will at least give folks something to start from if they don't understand the settings....like me. If its alright I would like to make a post out of the last two replies and have it stickied.
That is fine with me. The 2 patches at the weekend seem to have changed the default resolution which now looks OK. The values I quoted above give more trees and grass than the latest defaults as I remember how mine looked but I am not sure what the default values are. In the preferences file they appear to be given by -1. I have an old computer with a good graphics card so my experience may not apply for other hardware.