• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Schocked by inflation

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Folks, I am schocked! I have had an on- and off-relationship with UO since the late Nineties and when I dropped out last time around 2020 certain stuff was priced like...

Statue Maker Vet Reward 6 m
Lighthouse Vet Reward 25-30 m
Crystal Portal around 1-4 m

And now? Statue Maker for 20-40m? Lighthouse 60+? And not a single brazier for sale on Atlantic?

I remember the prices from 2010 to 2020, they didnt change much: rideables like horses or llamas went for 3-8 m. Now people try to sell them for 100m? What did I miss? I mean, I know inflation, there has always been inflation. But this is rather an explosion...

I just wanted some oldschool braziers... I am schocked!

:oops:

Last edited:

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
ya some vet rewards go for 175 mil for some items its a joke

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just wanted to do some oldschool shopping for some deco: braziers, shields, banners.... cheap stuff, that never costed more than 5-10m each...
:sad2:

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
some banners and flaming heads etc are still cheap but not the braziers if you can even find them.. I try discord

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
...and I need just 10 vet banners and 10 vet braziers. 4 years ago, I could have bought them for a couple of millions. Now they seem to be ultra-rare Items for the rare collector-community :eek:

Landicine

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm not going to argue the IDOC change. That was something that probably looked good on paper but has had unintended consequences. One problem with the micro dev team is that revisiting or reversing course is less likely.

That said, I will not blame someone for selling vet rewards at their market value. I have a few unpicked veteran rewards. The reason I don't sell them is two-fold. First, the unpicked reward keeps up with inflation while the gold loses value the second it is made. Second, with Shard Shield options or possibly interesting future additions, the amount of gold would have to be on the same level as such amazing options.

An IDOC change isn't enough at this point to bring down prices. We need younger accounts feeding lower age vet rewards into the economy to change prices. Which means new players which is probably unlikely.

Old Man of UO

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Does anyone have a price list on vet rewards? I have simple tastes and most of the rewards don't appeal to me. I have 15 rewards available to choose, and would consider selling for a bit of coin.