• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Scavenger Hunt

• Thread starter Ransom_of_BiC
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
R

Ransom_of_BiC

I want to have a scavenger hunt!

I was a part of one of these years and years ago, and had such a freaking good time.

A couple of my Officers and I were talking about this the other day, but were stumped as to how to make it so that many could participate without having to have a bunch of money (Rich folks collect rares and could just go through their houses to find items). I thought about having a bunch of random items and hiding them around and then placing "refs" around hte area who could hide, to make sure that the ACTUAL item was picked up, but I'm still tossing around ideas. Plus giving gold for rewards is sometimes lame.

Anyway- might be fun if we planned it right.

N

Nastia Cross

Ransom, I did a scavenger hunt a few years ago when I was in RBG. I made riddles that people had to figure out in order to bring me the proper items, some of which required a crafter to make them. I also had locations (also in riddle) that people had to travel to, take a screenshot and send to me via email. Oh and I also threw in a BOD they needed to complete as well. We had three or four teams of 4-5 people each and they were given an hour to complete 20 or 30 items.

If I were to do it again, it might be cool to include some tasks specific to certain classes, say things that would need to be GM marked so you know they weren't purchased, or a riddle about an animal that a tamer would have to go tame.

On the other hand, you could always talk to the EMs to see if they'd be interested in helping you out with something like this. Make riddles and clues that lead people to certain locations and have the EM set up a box or something that can be double clicked to give the next clue or item to collect.

N

Nastia Cross

Thanks. Made it myself in a few hours with some stock images from deviantart.com and alot of tweaking in Photoshop.

R

Ransom_of_BiC

I am not good when it comes to photoshop, unless I'm editing photographs. However, I love trying. Also, we should talk about the scavenger hunt some more before we get locked for going off topic and into a private convo between two people.

A/S/L? *snicker* Just kidding.

H

Helter Skelter

ooo ooo ooo pick me me me

I wanna help.

The riddle idea would be fun.. almost like an Amazing Race type event thingy.

Something like:

An Avatar born into the old lands,
This will help you light your way, it's said
Find the item that you seek
In a place where Justice is dead.

Any guesses? Huh? Not bad for off the top my head.

Well, I bet I can do better. Beer helps, too.

-Sirk!

N

Nastia Cross

The riddles were alot of fun to make. It helped me to read UO Guide and the wiki for all the old Ultima games.

Z

Zelda of Zed

I want to have a scavenger hunt!

I was a part of one of these years and years ago, and had such a freaking good time.

A couple of my Officers and I were talking about this the other day, but were stumped as to how to make it so that many could participate without having to have a bunch of money (Rich folks collect rares and could just go through their houses to find items). I thought about having a bunch of random items and hiding them around and then placing "refs" around hte area who could hide, to make sure that the ACTUAL item was picked up, but I'm still tossing around ideas. Plus giving gold for rewards is sometimes lame.

here is my 2 cents..(for what they are worth). SHE Guild has done a few Scavenger hunts in the past. and they have always went VERY well. I was just looking at the book the other night, and we had like 30 items for them to find in one hour. Make the items not easy to find.. but not something that folks cant get at all.. ie.. like one of the items was +3 mining gloves... or a sending bag with only 1 charge. If you go for hard to find items... folks will give up way to quick. If you are worried about only folks that have gold doing it.. then you wont get many folks that want to do.. Most of the folks that I saw do the hunts, are regular players that you see almost every day.

I know you are wanting to do this just for fun,... but here is the thing.. even our EMS on this shard never seem to have gotten this one!!!! if you are gonna spend an hour or so doing something.. They want a prize, or chance to win a prize. Do you go down and do any of the bosses, with out hoping you get a drop, hell no... Most dont care if its gold or not, but want to feel like their time was not wasted.. Even if there buddy won a drop.. they like to see that someone got something. ( i hope that made sense)

Anyways.. you can do a good hunt.. and get folks to come... just takes a little work, not going over board on the hunt items, and a guild behind ya to help!

Z...