• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Scarlet Blade: I’m a Girl and I Peeked

Stratics News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Scarlet Blade: I’m a Girl and I Peeked
By Julie Garman

Let me start by saying I really don’t like anime games. There is something about those big round eyes that makes the games feel so cartoon-like. My preference in gaming is to be immersed. The goofy graphics are too distracting for me. Having said that, I decided to check out Scarlet Blade by Aeria Games. I’ve been wrong before so …

Read the full story . . .

Noldor

Knight, Order of the Bug Hunters
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I looked into Scarlet Blade...but yeah, the bouncing boobies were too distracting to take the game serious.

Dragons Prophet did the same thing. Their female avatars now have heaving boobies when resting...and combat makes them move in physically-impossible directions. <SIGH>

Seems that men-who-are-still-giggling-boys still try to define women as how they wish they appear in the Devs' "girl's-locker-room" dreams. -*(

TQQdles™

Metro

WoW Staff Writer | WoW Moderator
Stratics Veteran
I am glad we have an article/thread on this topic, its an important one that needs to be addressed in the gaming world ATM.
Its an over the top concept that I find ridiculous, even for video games. There is nothing I love more than a sexy chick with a grounded body and a keen smile, but the imagery those games are imposing is so far removed from what actual women look like its just laughable.
Its one thing to have very attractive female models with less clothing than would be practical, but when you are inflating the proportions so much so that it looks physically impossible, then you are just going in the wrong direction.
Its obvious to me that games that do this care NOTHING about the quality of the video game and are only trying to get a cheap peak of interest from clowns who are so diluted by alternate realities that they don't respect the reality of the female body.
A good example of the right direction is the female models in the video game Tera.
Examine this: http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/4075/gallery2444852356.jpg
Now of course, some scandalously clad character models may still be offensive to some, but at least its realistic. When I see this, it of course peaks the interest of a male gamer, and makes me a bit more interested in the game, but isn't something that shouts to me as the main focus of the character model. You can still respect the game, and feel comfortable looking at that.

Then we examine a game like scarlet blade and we realize that it IS actually possible to go "too far." The characters and gear are so ludicrous that its actually managed to go beyond ultra-attractive back into unattractive and not to mention awkward.
I could not even imagine playing a game like that. All you would see is perverted children making stupid comments all day. A waste of resources that can't be taken seriously.

AirmidCecht

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I will never forget the week building up to SB release and the ads, omg the ads everywhere. SB went so far over the top, it became comical, and in the end, a joke. I don't personally mind the reality that no one would even half way survive as a woman or otherwise in most of the armor provided to female characters. College Humor shared it best:

At the same time, movies and tv shows have always reflected this in their female leads. It's aesthetically pleasing and I have no issue with it. Some MMO's are offering more variety with body styles and armor and yet I still go for the sexier look.