• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Scalis, would anyone like to??

• Thread starter Talishara
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1
T

Talishara

Well good morning all!

I have quite a few white fishing nets and if anyone is interested in trying to pull up Scalis as a group let me know! We can come up with a time and place for everyone to meet. Loot is free for all. I know they did this on another shard and had a blast!

Tali
ICQ 617969512

*Tali is a Legendary Peacer so the eels he throws at us won't be too annoying ;) *

D

Dark Angel XXXX

Hello There :)

FISHING !!!
Count me in...Have a few white nets myself...I know that TEK would want to go !!
Alos, a few other friends would probably show...I would not be able to do the nets on
a Tuesday or Thursday...Just let let us know day time and place ...

T

Talishara

How are Sundays for you? I'm free every Sunday and pretty much can do anytime. Let me know ;)

D

Dark Angel XXXX

Sunday is good for us :)
Give me time to fish up a few more nets !!
Give me a shout out Sunday on Global chat and we can work out at time....

N

Noie

Count me in! I probably have a few white nets somewhere still. :)

D

Dark Angel XXXX

Managed to pull together 8 white nets and lots of green ones...Should be a good day for dieing :)....Also, got me a antique wedding dress lol....

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Any time yet? I usually get back from my D&D game between 8 & 9 central (and leave about an hour from now)...

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I got back a little early - will be logging in in about 10 minutes.

T

Talishara

Sorry I wasn't able to jump on Sunday. I had to take care of my condemned house (finally got a Luna house OMG was so excited) and had unexpected company come over to visit with me (they really came for my pumpkin rolls and crockpot chili) :p I am available all day this Weds and this coming Sunday. We should set a time so everyone will know where to meet. I am pretty sure we can do this off of Bucs Den pier according to some of the pictures other people have posted. That will make it easier. I have 4 nets myself as of today (will probally have more by then), how many does everyone else have? Also I have icq if you'd like to add me :) (617969512)

Tali

Delbrie

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Was al ot of fun lastr night doing Scalis. Man that is a tough one. Nice to see so many people turn out and help out. I hope someone got something good besides a collection of grey robes.

D

Dark Angel XXXX

OMG !!
You missed all the dieing :)...We did go ahead and start throwing the nets off of Bucs Den around 7pm or so...All went well till about the 4th or 5th white net..
Scalis showed his ugly self !!!
At the time most of us just had our archer chars on pier..That soon changed, we were trying all kind of diff chars and were not making a dent in old Scalis..
Finally made a call out in Global chat asking for help..
We would like to thank Jasmine and Tryant for coming and helping...Think there was about
8 of us dieing left and right...Would also like to thank Zig, Tenelder, Basara, Davey Jones and Brutus..We all stayed till the bitter end lol....Hope I didn't leave anyone out !!
We ending up with 3 greater dragons and a mage and a few archers...
Not sure what the best combination is to beat Scalis..
That would be great Talishara to go out again but think we need to do some reading on how to effectively take this Scalis down without so many deaths..And NO, I am not going to read LOL...
Think I still have about 3 or 4 white nets left...Not sure what the others have left..
Let us know when is a good time for you :)....

Delbrie

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I found this on one of the other thread from U Hall. The disco bard and mystic mage (to cast RC) seems to be key. Also read cannons are useless given their time to reload and then the pain of getting rezed on a boat.

We got one and lured it to the docks in tokuno, Makoto... Gated a ton of people there, had an archer on him a while, barely got him a sliver of hurtin in. So I decided to dual client my disco bard. At this point he was under the docks, and we were across the docks barely in range. Everyone had given up except all but 4 or 5 of us. I had him discod... there was a mystic there letting Scalis target his summons, which kept him off of us, and for some reason he couldn't reach the summons, so the summons were bait. We then had about 3 mages, and a disco. I used necro weave mage and we managed to kill him over an hour later. Disco was the trick. I bet cannons might be the way to go, but couldn't imagine the spawn on the boat, and not being able to run off and res every now and then. There was NO drops, and we couldn't even reach the corpse because a boat was in the way.

Next time I would lure him to a shore that doesn't drop off of a cliff so everyone can target easily.

Delbrie

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It would be nice to know if there is a slayer that works. I used repond, dragon, spider, reptile, fey with no luck. I was using my archer whammy and able to do 70-100 damage per hit using AI, however it took several hits to recharge mana to use AI. I was using a composite bow, 100 phys damage, imbued: ml, sl, lightning, ssi 40, di 40. I did not get to honor which would have helped. I also tried a high fire damage bow with no luck. Heavy xbow was worse than my composite bow.

D

Dark Angel XXXX

If I am understanding this right we need mages, mystics, bards, necros and spellweavers ??
Would be great to get enough players there for our next one !!

Tamais

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
On Saturday UMP and TDA/WSUL did Scalis and this is what we found.
1. don't use pets or summons he heals from them.
2. Seems to be weaker to fire,we all used fire bows.
3. Cannons for the win
We use two boats at Buc's den. Like you we tried all different combinations and died a lot. Finally we got archers and mages, using the cannons off the two ships we finally killed him. The cannons were the only way we could get large hit points. None of us received any great loot, but it was sure a learning experince

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
On Saturday UMP and TDA/WSUL did Scalis and this is what we found.
1. don't use pets or summons he heals from them.
2. Seems to be weaker to fire,we all used fire bows.
3. Cannons for the win
We use two boats at Buc's den. Like you we tried all different combinations and died a lot. Finally we got archers and mages, using the cannons off the two ships we finally killed him. The cannons were the only way we could get large hit points. None of us received any great loot, but it was sure a learning experince
Our results were completely different.

1. Pets were the ONLY thing that worked. We saw no evidence of the "Scalis healing from pets" you report.
2. Fire was one of his highest resists. I was doing more damage with E-bolts than flamestrike.
3. Didn't get a chance to try cannon. The only time archers did any noticable damage was with armor ignore. Mages were mostly in the role of "kill the %#$%#$%ing eels!" and healing. And, of course, Life leech damages the user, instead of healing, so a lot of the necro-based templates were hosed.

Delbrie

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Our results were completely different.

1. Pets were the ONLY thing that worked. We saw no evidence of the "Scalis healing from pets" you report.
2. Fire was one of his highest resists. I was doing more damage with E-bolts than flamestrike.
3. Didn't get a chance to try cannon. The only time archers did any noticable damage was with armor ignore. Mages were mostly in the role of "kill the %#$%#$%ing eels!" and healing. And, of course, Life leech damages the user, instead of healing, so a lot of the necro-based templates were hosed.
Agree with Basara's post

D

Dark Angel XXXX

Now I am confused :(
Just tell me what to bring next time we are in battle with Scalis and I will be there lol

D

Dark Angel XXXX

LOL, That is too funny :)
Hi ya girl, haven't seen you around Luna in awhile. Happy to see you here on the boards !!

D

Dark Angel XXXX

OOPS !!
My bad, I think I need a good lawyer now :(
Meant to say hi ya man !!!
Anyone know of a good lawyer ???

Whitestar4016

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Heh its ok. I've been busy lately and usally the only time I can be on is at night for a short period. *sigh* and the times and length vary. Ah well Enjoy all
(btw isnt Crogul a Wow thing?)

OOPS !!
My bad, I think I need a good lawyer now :(
Meant to say hi ya man !!!
Anyone know of a good lawyer ???