• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Samurai character?

Arrgh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was wondering if someone here on L.A. could give me some pointers about Bushido profession since the profession forums are down? For instance if I only use a 115 PS will I still have 1150 luck same as I would have 1200 luck with a 120 PS or am I totally lost? I can't find a 120 anywhere and may not even be able to afford it anyway lol. =P

I also heard you can get a bird to ride at 95 skill??

I am looking for a good template considering I am left with about 100 points to burn skill-wise it'd be nice to have a some veteran guidance on how to invest the points.

Here's what is what I have atm:

Anat: 82.9

Bushido: 88.8

Focus: 100

Healing: 78.1

Weapon: 82.8

Parry: 115

Tacts: 72.5

Giving grand total of 620.1 points out of 720 cap.

It doesn't appear I'll be able to GM everything Edit: (rather cap everything I want, weaps is capped at 120 for instance), I can settle for 90 healing I'm sure using +10 band-aids. Is there anything up there that I don't need? I rarely play a warrior character so I have no clue really if this is a decent temp or not.

Thanks for having a look people.

Restless

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
focus is generally not necessary as long as u have some good leeching weapons... chiv might be something to consider to try and get 60 to 70 in for enemy of one and consecrate wep... 100 anat, 100 heal, 110 tact, 110 bushido, 110 parry, 120 melee, 70 chiv would give u 720 skill (for a 4 year account) and would suffice quite well assuming u have the proper leeches or regens in ur suit... basically just enemy of one and consecrate and lightning strike all day and with the proper suit u can take down just about anything (this is also basic template for sampires, or vamurais as i prefer to call them.. mainly just tweak down chiv and tact a bit and work in some possible skill bonuses via jewelry so u have 34 natural necro (assuming u dont have necro mark which most dont) then just toss on bloodwood spirit, midnight bracers, ossian grimoire, and +15 jewels and u get enough necro to pop vamp form)

Restless

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
as for the luck question the way bushido calculates luck based on perfection of the honor virtue is if u have achieved perfection on the honored opponent then u will gain 1000 luck on the opponents loot intensity... it doesnt matter the scroll u have taken or anything to determine this luck boost, all that is required is that u have at least 50 bushido skill and honor the opponent, then u will get a luck bonus based on the level of perfection achieved at the time of the opponents death with achieving perfection giving a 1000 luck bonus

Arrgh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hiya Restless,

Not only do you have one of the most interesting homes and museums on the shard plus whenever the vendors are stocked some killer items. You're also kind enough to help out a newbie to warrior classes. Thanks! :)

I've only made 1 warrior character in these 4 years. I mostly make mages, bards, tamers or useless chars like fishermen and treasure hunters (jking about useless) hehe so I was at a total loss about the focus thing.

I have weapons scrolled to 120, Bushido to 115, parry 115 thinking about 120 for parry like you mentioned, thinking it'll be a bummer to squeeze all that in if not impossible. I can always hope to use a mask maybe if I can use powder on it and mug someone for 4.5 m gps to get one. Gloves + enhanced bandies for healing. That'd free up 40 points.

Restless

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ur main goal on a suit (aside from all 70's resist) should be max dci (45, heart of lion, jewelry, quiver of infinity help) dex bonus (get up to 140 for quickest possible heals, if u have jackals collar then thats all u need) and probably mana regen (depending on the weapon u have if ur leeching mana well then this isnt necessary)... if ur a swordser and using soulseeker then u should be able to leech all the mana u need but u will want to get some damage increase in ur suit cuz soulseeker doesnt have any (primer talisman, stormgrips or gauntlets of nobilty, jewelry) on melee characters i normally suggest getting max hci also (45) but with a samurai its not really necessary as long as u use lightning strike cuz u will get a 50 hci bonus whenever used... also remember that using bushido u dont want to use a shield becuz it basically negates ur parry skill... and most people believe that with bushido u should always use a 2 handed weapon which is not true (at legendary bushido and parry if u use a 1 handed wep and no shield u will only lose 4 dci)

Arrgh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmm, I wanted to use mace or staves although I was going to train fencing, swords and archery then stone them just for the heck of it. I do believe I have a good dull copper mace with high mana leech although it maybe a one handed job.

I also have a rune beetle carapace for additional mana or the heart of the lion, Bramble coat, the jackals collar, Mark of Travesty, ancient sammy helm or helm of insight for more mana, some decent jewelry for raising skills. I seriously have no idea how I'll get 70's resists I have spell woven britches I'd like to use for lower mana cost and int bonus, in other words most the armor stinks for resists but are the ideal things to raise mana or skills.

I didn't know about the HCI deal though, I like that part, no juggling stuff around to make it work! :)

Do you know where I can buy a 120 Bushido scroll? I've looked for 3 days.

I was curious about magic resist also, I heard somehow you could defend against spells? Somebody may have been yanking my proverbial chain.

Thanks for all the help Restless. :thumbsup: :)

Raider Red

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was curious about magic resist also, I heard somehow you could defend against spells? Somebody may have been yanking my proverbial chain.

Thanks for all the help Restless. :thumbsup: :)

Yes you can "parry" spells with evasion toggled,but there is a timer on evasion now due to people spamming evasion during a fight.It is very awesome to be able to negate a spell now.I belive though you have to have parry and resist spells and also they need to be gm or higher in order to "evade" magery spells.It should work on evading necro spells too,but not sure only used it agaisnt a mage.

Now that I have a good computer and good internet connection I am planning on using my sammy a lot more now days.

my template is:

120 swords
120 tactics
120 parry
115 resist spells
115 bushid
85 chiv

I use chiv,pots and confidence to heal.Plus I use the soulsekker.This guy completly rocks in pvm/pvp.

Arrgh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks a million guys. I hate to look on other websites because of javascript exploits that can inject virus's/codes into browsers even when using security measures such as NoScript. This is about the only forum besides one other I trust to use for UO.

I normally don't like to post out of topic but since there's no professions forums I thought I'd turn to the LA community since it's kind of like a big family anyway. :)

Raider Red,

I really like that template although I might have trouble healing being a newb to warrior class. I guess a person can make a target self macro with the chiv spell. I think I just may try that. Now to find a 120 Bushido scroll.

Do the specials like evasion, ls get a boost the higher your skill?

I bet that guy does do some serious damage hehe. :sword:

Raider Red

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Raider Red,

Do the specials like evasion, ls get a boost the higher your skill?

I bet that guy does do some serious damage hehe. :sword:

I am glad to help when I can, and yes the higher the bushido more "boost" you get to evasion.the boost is you have a better percentage to "evade" spells.And also yes my guy can do some serious damge,I havne't used him in a while so I can't tell you exactly how much he does,but I could solo the large ogre lord within about 10 minutes using pots/chiv healing and I honored him too.Now this was while using my old p2 computer that relly sucks and lags a lot and I haven't used this new comp I have to run my pally out,but I plan to this weekend AS I hae now switch from wirelss internet to cable in hopes my latency problems will be solved.

Arrgh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are you running a router still? The N routers are pretty fast and powerful on signal boost out of the box plus if you have a Linksys, they use Linux for the OS in the routers which is a good thing because it's public domain, if you can operate a router you can upgrade to 3rd party firmware like Sveasoft, DD-WRT, etc. and get a big boost to performance and have two hardware firewalls to boot. ;)

Restless

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i solo parox in about 40 mins with my sammy... thats using soulseeker, i can prolly do it quicker now with the new bone harvester i got :)

Arrgh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey Restless. :)

So far my sammy is moving along fast, almost maxed out now. Already stoned mace and working on swords now. He's been kicking butt in dungeons already.

It would mess with my head if I could do paroxy one day, that be awesome. I'm so used to playing a stealth mage that this is taking some getting used to.

You were absolutely correct about the leech weapons without a doubt. I used I think it was the Katrina's Crook that has all the leeches while I was training in the dungeons for mace, it kept me at full mana/stam/hps most of the time.

I have a few bronze hammers I need to burn so I think I'll try to make him a good leeching sword, just not sure what is the fastest 2 handed crafted sword in terms of swing speed. Do either of you guys have any suggestions?

I appreciate the tips from both of ya very much. Still learning a lot everyday. You and Raider Red both have been a ton of help. Thanks. :D

Raider Red

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey Restless. :)

So far my sammy is moving along fast, almost maxed out now. Already stoned mace and working on swords now. He's been kicking butt in dungeons already.

It would mess with my head if I could do paroxy one day, that be awesome. I'm so used to playing a stealth mage that this is taking some getting used to.

You were absolutely correct about the leech weapons without a doubt. I used I think it was the Katrina's Crook that has all the leeches while I was training in the dungeons for mace, it kept me at full mana/stam/hps most of the time.

I have a few bronze hammers I need to burn so I think I'll try to make him a good leeching sword, just not sure what is the fastest 2 handed crafted sword in terms of swing speed. Do either of you guys have any suggestions?

I appreciate the tips from both of ya very much. Still learning a lot everyday. You and Raider Red both have been a ton of help. Thanks. :D

you don't have to have a 2 handed weapon,That was the biggest problem I had when I started playing a samurai I kept thinking I had to have a 2 handed weapon to parry,but at 120parry/bushido you 4% less of a chance to aprry with 1 hnaded vs. 2 handed.Right now I am using the soulseeker and killing ogre lords and arctic ogre lords to build up my honor and I don't get hit that often,maybe 1-2 times per ogre.It allows drink pots to heal if needed and saves mana for specials/spells.Also it gives me good practice so I can get used to cugging pots while fighting.

D

Desolation87

Yeh raider red is spot on about the one handed wep thing but just remember not to use a shield! That's a big no-no!

Arrgh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can always use advice from vet warriors. :) I'm still a spaz at using a warrior char but getting the hang of it slowly. It's a lot of fun but I can see where keeping a suit of armor can be a bummer hehe.