• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Sampires - Time to nurf.

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Time to kill the Sampire. Its gone on too long of single characters being able to solo almost everything in the game with ease.
That's what happens, if you introduce a template, which excels at tanking because of leeching and also excels at damage dealing because of slayers, AI, etc, which in addition contributes to leeching. So the common denominator is, drum roll, leeching.

In an ideal world, everything would be balanced in a rock-paper-scissors-manner: Healers, Tanks, Damage dealers. A character should only be able to specialize and excel in one of those three or go the jack of all trades route and not excel in any. To make that happen, we would need a complete combat overhaul, like starting from scratch... as much as I would like that, not going to happen....

J. E. Tamer

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's time to unnerf sampires. Completely remove the "reset swing" which was introduced in Nov 2015. That was a fun-reducer, and the slower your swing was, the more this nerf s*ck*d.

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Wraith Form grants Mana Drain. Only difference between it and Mana Leech, is that it actually takes Mana from the victim, which has it's ups and downs. If the victim runs out of Mana, you can't drain any more Mana from them, but it also means the victim won't be casting anything. When AoS first came out, there was a bug that allowed Curse Weapon's Life Drain to affect spells, it was hilarious. You could literally sit in the middle of a Champ Spawn in Wraith Form and spam Wither, and never die.
It's my understanding (and UOGuide seems to confirm it) that both Mana Drain and Mana Leech take mana from the target. Leech gives that mana to you, while drain does not.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It's my understanding (and UOGuide seems to confirm it) that both Mana Drain and Mana Leech take mana from the target. Leech gives that mana to you, while drain does not.
That is incorrect. Targets mana has no effect on leech. Drain however does.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I did some minor thread clean up.

Please take any personal issues or insults elsewhere.

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I did some minor thread clean up.

Please take any personal issues or insults elsewhere.
*looks innocent*

No, I definitely did not just poop in the refrigerator...honest!

*uses smokebo* ...damn, wrong template...

*sacred journey*

Jovi

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Just wanted to say stop nerfing a template if it is not affecting another fellow player in the game. Solo or not sampire does his own thing. You don't have to step over someone's head to get to where you want to go. Just ask for mages to be buffed up for pvm and that is it.

If the population isn't small enough, go ahead and nerf more pvm templates. For the amount of time and money that I have put in to build up my sampire over time, it is very very upsetting to get nerfed like this.

I also played primarily mages for many years, but decided to try sampire and have been enjoying it ever since. However, the investment for a rock solid sampire is way much higher than a Mage. So if you want to buff mages, please go ahead and make it more equipment dependent to be fair. Don't be selfish and ask to nerf other templates where we have put in millions and hours to build our gear and skills.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Jovi

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
For one I am not going to complain about the nerf for parry Mage in recent pvp patch.

Mages are cheaper and easier to build, but parrying involved equipment to achieve the additional capabilities so I invested alot of gold on that just less than 6 months ago to convert my old Mage to a parry Mage to have some pvp fun. Only to get nerfed.

That said if this is affecting other pvp player and is considered imbalance. Fine.

But what the heck has my PVM sampire got to do to ruin your game to deserve a nerf. In any case, it is fighting hand to hand combat and not standing at the back casting free spells with no wear and tear on any equipment and ZERO resource used with 100 LRC.

I love mages but don't nerf my sampire to get mages fixed.

Lord Gandalf

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Instead of nerfing sampires, the best fix for pvm mages would be by removing the diminishing damage on meteor swarm, hail storm, nether cyclone.

@Mesanna
I also suggest relooking at earth/fire/poison/cold elementals, and let them do physical/fire/poison/cold area damage... im sure every mage will be happy with this, especially when it comes to champ spawns.

Now regarding big champs, lets all agree that its never a pure mage job, u can have taming with disco, or mystic necro mage, alternatives are there but procedure is slower. Do not forget that hybrid mages can do tons of things a sampire cant do especially in the pvp stage.

-1+1=0

Last edited:

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Also Nerf miners. They're the only character that can get those covered ores, and this has gone on long enough.

Sent from mTalk

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Instead of nerfing sampires, the best fix for pvm mages would be by removing the diminishing damage on meteor swarm, hail storm, nether cyclone.

@Mesanna
I also suggest relooking at earth/fire/poison/cold elementals, and let them do physical/fire/poison/cold area damage... im sure every mage will be happy with this, especially when it comes to champ spawns.

Now regarding big champs, lets all agree that its never a pure mage job, u can have taming with disco, or mystic necro mage, alternatives are there but procedure is slower. Do not forget that hybrid mages can do tons of things a sampire cant do especially in the pvp stage.

-1+1=0

With all the new pets and tameables - the area PVM mages need to have revamped more than anything else would be the Summons. In example, Fire Elementals hardly do any damage, move as slow as molasses and die after a few hits - yet they take up 4 slots when you cast one. If they're going to be kept as a four-slot summon, they need to be buffed up to do more damage, move faster and have a smarter AI. Same goes with several of the other summons... these need to be revamped upward.

Lord Gandalf

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
With all the new pets and tameables - the area PVM mages need to have revamped more than anything else would be the Summons. In example, Fire Elementals hardly do any damage, move as slow as molasses and die after a few hits - yet they take up 4 slots when you cast one. If they're going to be kept as a four-slot summon, they need to be buffed up to do more damage, move faster and have a smarter AI. Same goes with several of the other summons... these need to be revamped upward.
I also suggest that those 4 slots summon could perform specials.

Example: dismount on earth elli, angry fire for elemental etc...

...btw i totally agree on hp and movement speed. This deserves another post tbh, ill stop here in order not to go off-topic.

The sampires are just fine!

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Minor suggestion that might help balance here:

How about we allow imbuing on spellbooks?
Honestly this is a great idea. Though to make mages viable they would still need some buffing of spells.

J. E. Tamer

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
> Also Nerf miners. They're the only character that can get those covered ores

o Others can get colored ores (or coveted ores) through town trade missions. It's slow but possible.
o There are also the potions that come from the alchemy quests of Ter Mur that can change a "lesser" ore into a different ore.
o Gold elementals give (unsurprisingly) gold ore
o There are still a few places with dull copper elementals
o Try killing some of the elementals in Dungeon Shame.
o Kill the ant lions in the solen nests.
o There's an iron beetle that can perform mining for ore. It's not very efficient, but hey.

Marquis de Sade 209

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Time to kill the Sampire. Its gone on too long of single characters being able to solo almost everything in the game with ease.

Bring back an excuse to find a team and make mages a viable pvm option again please.
I disagree vehemently. What about dead shards where it is difficult to find a group for hunts? Some of us don't like Atlantic because of Gen chat being spammed by pvpers and their constant pissing contests, and accusations of cheating every time they lose. Nobody can just admit to getting their asses kicked anymore in UO.

Last edited:

Sauteed Onion

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
I helped a lot of people with suits and weapons on Atlantic a couple of years ago, from Sampires to Archers. I have to say it is more expensive to put together a good set of slayer bows with 100% ele on them, and seemed more time consuming as well, but suits overall were about the same cost. Between the two, Archers were easier to instruct and more advantageous for newbies to play, and I could pack more tasty treats into their suit than samp. Both templates and whatever jigglings they put on there were extremely capable pve wise.

That being said, I put a huge investment of time resources into gearing mage suits tamer mage/weaver suits and stealth mage whatever else suits and I have to say the return on investment always seemed better with samp/archer suits either hunting general crafting side. For one spellbooks are a pain in the cherry twists to get right, you want sdi slayer books for pve (generally), and extra mod this and that for pvp (generally if you arent using a weapon), and there is just randomness to rely on. No real control just you and a stack of 60k scrolls and a few hours of your life wasting away as you get ogre and spider slayer books with like mr2 on them. Worse if you use taint for scrappers.. This easily gets into the tens of millions with very little to no return on the investment. I do believe instead of just nerficating a template for whoever or whatever give us the ability to choose something in our book crafting or let us 'smelt' scrappers for a return of some kind on taint? Or look into actually giving mages a little oompf just as a stand alone. Maybe let Enemy of One affect pve targets for mages.. I dont know. Something.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Imbuable spellbooks would help pvm mages a lot.
I've asked for this 100's of times and Mesanna always says NO... she's under some delusion that making Imbuable will somehow put inscriptionists out of a job... which I told her was BS since you NEED a spellbook to Imbue a spellbook therefore Inscriptionists will STILL need to make them.

It's lame. Every other skillset can imbue any slayer properties they need... and they can even use talisman slayers... which do NOT work for mages... so totally freaking stupid that mages and such can't...

Now even Tamers can imbue pets though they can't add slayer properties to pets... but yeah...

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I've asked for this 100's of times and Mesanna always says NO... she's under some delusion that making Imbuable will somehow put inscriptionists out of a job... which I told her was BS since you NEED a spellbook to Imbue a spellbook therefore Inscriptionists will STILL need to make them.

It's lame. Every other skillset can imbue any slayer properties they need... and they can even use talisman slayers... which do NOT work for mages... so totally freaking stupid that mages and such can't...

Now even Tamers can imbue pets though they can't add slayer properties to pets... but yeah...
Maybe it's just me but isn't the solution to that concern simply allowing those with inscription to be the ones that can imbue the spellbooks?

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Maybe it's just me but isn't the solution to that concern simply allowing those with inscription to be the ones that can imbue the spellbooks?
Personally if I had to "guess" I'd say the "real" reason that we aren't allowed to Imbue Spellbooks is that some whining dupers/macroers who've made billions in profit from selling both duped/macro obtained items and reagents for making slayer scrappers would be butt hurt if everyone could suddenly actually MAKE them without having to buy them from the dupers/macroers or buy the reagents and fail 18trillion times in effort to make their own... as NO ONE can possibly get enough taint legally to make scrappers enough to actually craft the books... I suspect that 95% of the slayer scrappers you find are duped.

That's my opinion... agree or not I think it hits pretty darn close to the mark...

As with everything else those with all the money and accounts have all the pull when it comes to crap like this.

King Greg

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Personally if I had to "guess" I'd say the "real" reason that we aren't allowed to Imbue Spellbooks is that some whining dupers/macroers who've made billions in profit from selling both duped/macro obtained items and reagents for making slayer scrappers would be butt hurt if everyone could suddenly actually MAKE them without having to buy them from the dupers/macroers or buy the reagents and fail 18trillion times in effort to make their own... as NO ONE can possibly get enough taint legally to make scrappers enough to actually craft the books... I suspect that 95% of the slayer scrappers you find are duped.

That's my opinion... agree or not I think it hits pretty darn close to the mark...

As with everything else those with all the money and accounts have all the pull when it comes to crap like this.

You're right about 99% of the super slayer scrappers coming from duped resources or duping of the books themselves, but I don't think that has anything to do with them not putting Imbuing on books.

Scrappers are Sdi 25, FC 1, FCR 1, Lmc 10, Base. If it were a brace/ring that would be 525% Intensity right there. Add on slayer/superslayer and it's just nutty, much less with another mod on top.

Even if they added imbuing to books it wouldn't compete with scrappers in any way shape or form. The players who had to have the extra stats would still pay out the butt for them. I do think that imbuing on books should be limited to

Mana Regen
Luck
Lmc
Lrc
Int
Skills
Sdi

This keeps the Slayer/super slayer crafting market still viable, and even gives them a rarity to shoot for Super Slayer + FC 1 (Kind of like Max Reforging and trying for a second mod).

The developers have a BAD habit of tanking old systems when they add new ones. *Cough new Loot* *Cough Animal Training*

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Evidently you missed how necro bards were soloing spawns before Sampires were the rage. Or how tamer + bard were duo'ing the Harrower. I've soloed spawns and most bosses on my archer... mystic dexer... tamer... thrower.... whammy.... ect... there are lots of things in this game that can solo stuff, if played right.

I haven't changed my tamers armor since Imbuing came out. most of the pieces are still 230+. I've replaced my sampires armor and weapons a couple of times. Characters that get up in the face of creatures, their equipment taking a beating should be better than ones hiding behind a dragon meat shield or running around sticking toothpicks into a pixel pincushion.

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just a few bullet points on the points raised by people so far.

• Yeah I guess I don't really want to nerf Sampires, but I would like a buff for pure mages, especially in pvm v top bosses, and in pvp re the new dexxer classes/hybreds {created by lowering tactics requirements}, maybe an adjustment to casting classes.
  • I don't really believe Imbuing spellbooks to be the answer. Again, if they gave me dura loss on spellbooks, I'd cry. Imbuing Spellbooks almost makes it too easy.
  • But maybe more crafting options for Scribes could be useful.
  • What I would love is for mages to be able to 1 handed use Spell-books as opposed to shields. Or give us an off-hand item instead of a shield - shield is not very mage-like. Maybe this is the new item Scribes can make - an off-hand casters globe.

• Re Taint for Scrappers, yes, an impossible task. BUT, in itself, I don't mind impossible tasks, I'm up for this taint faming thing, to try and make Scrappers. I did like the new BoD system, and I did like the top Scribe BoD reward (guaranteed improvement to crafting spellbook). The ironic thing about farming Dreadhorn and Twisted Weald, is it is 100% impossible for a Pure Mage to do it - it needs a Sampire! or Mystic mage. I'm currently redeveloping my whole account, just to take out Dreadhorn, for Scribe BoDs and Taint. That is a project, and I don't mind that, in fact I find it fun. But this is the point, I love my Pure Mage, all this work is for my Pure Mage, and I cannot accomplish it on Mage, it has to be a Sampire... That is pretty damning in terms of game design.

Last edited:

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter

• Yeah I guess I don't really want to nerf Sampires, but I would like a buff for pure mages, especially in pvm v top bosses, and in pvp re the new dexxer classes/hybreds {created by lowering tactics requirements}, maybe an adjustment to casting classes.
  • I don't really believe Imbuing spellbooks to be the answer. Again, if they gave me dura loss on spellbooks, I'd cry. Imbuing Spellbooks almost makes it too easy.
  • What I would love is for mages to be able to 1 handed use Spell-books as opposed to shields. Or give us an off-hand item instead of a shield - shield is not very mage-like. Maybe this is the new item Scribes can make - an off-hand casters globe.

• Re Taint for Scrappers, yes, an impossible task. BUT, in itself, I don't mind impossible tasks, I'm up for this taint faming thing, to try and make Scrappers. I did like the new BoD system, and I did like the top Scribe BoD reward (guaranteed improvement to crafting spellbook). The ironic thing about farming Dreadhorn and Twisted Weald, is it is 100% impossible for a Pure Mage to do it - it needs a Sampire! or Mystic mage. I'm currently redeveloping my whole account, just to take out Dreadhorn, for Scribe BoDs and Taint. That is a project, and I don't mind that, in fact I find it fun. But this is the point, I love my Pure Mage, all this work is for my Pure Mage, and I cannot accomplish it on Mage, it has to be a Sampire... That is pretty damning in terms of game design.
You can do Dreadhorn 40 times in a row and not get enough taint to make a scrappers. THIS is the problem... which is why you see it duped all the time... I wanted the ML ingredients in T-Map chests... at least then I might have some chance to get enough taint to make scrappers. But no such luck there. I even made a character especially for doing all the things in Exodus to get Taint... no such luck there either. I can't solo any of the peerless.... and only 1 on of the bosses in the Abyss and that's the Styngian Dragon... but if you solo him he rarely drops anything at all. I'd much rather play with a group... but sadly when I'm on it's meeting after meeting after meeting EM Events Player Events and then everyone else is off to bed... leaving me alone .... with nothing to do but solo.... and I can't even do a champ spawn alone .... takes me far too long always get raided.

Jovi

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I think ability for scribe to produce spell books with specific buffs and not by luck. So similar with imbue but done by the scribe. But the spells really need something to match AI. Sampire with honor and EOO still get 300%, and with AI can almost dish out same damage as with double slayer. But if the Monster has no slayer, mages' damages can never match that of sampire. This is the part that I think need to buff up to match Honor + EOO + AI

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think ability for scribe to produce spell books with specific buffs and not by luck. So similar with imbue but done by the scribe. But the spells really need something to match AI. Sampire with honor and EOO still get 300%, and with AI can almost dish out same damage as with double slayer. But if the Monster has no slayer, mages' damages can never match that of sampire. This is the part that I think need to buff up to match Honor + EOO + AI

Could add some "spell penetration" mechanics where you have a chance bases on your skills/stats to have a spell do AI style direct damage at a lowered rate in pvm.

Sauteed Onion

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran

For taint farming I used to farm about 7 or 8 peerless a day on average for about 8 months and got enough for about 15 scrappers. I made more in CC selling and hair dye. I dont think I made any slayers.

SpyderBite

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
PvM: Who cares? You can't see somebody else's bank balance anyways.

PvP: Don't use overpowered in PvM as an excuse for getting your arse handed to you. That's so 2001.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Heimi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Pure mage can solo Melisande with ease. 10 minutes to key, 20 to kill.

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pure mage can solo Melisande with ease. 10 minutes to key, 20 to kill.
I did not appreciate this, thank you.
I knew I could get keys, did not pick up on the fact I could solo her.

Update - I did it! :)

It took me about 30 minutes to get the keys, the slow spawning 12 Insane Dryads puts a cap on how fast you can do it, 1 every 2 minutes?
The boss took me over an hour to kill, energy fields, 240 damaging flamestrikes on 100,000hp, so abount 420 flamestrikes required. No deaths.

If I had spellweaving, could have WoD faster at the end, I struggled a bit to finish her, the start is a bit shaky also, as she is extremely fast and high damaging at this point, spent a lot of time running away trying to get e-fields in correctly.
Mystic mage can do her in about 45 minutes, Necro Tamer can do her in 8 minutes, so I still consider Pure mages behind the curve, but I'm delighted I could do it, and that is my first solo'd peerless boss ever on a pure mage. It has opened up a little more game content to me.

Last edited:

Alex"Drake Iron Heart"CS

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Dont you nerf the sampires!! Only template that allows you to play in low pop shards and be able to have fun.
Its a needed temp for people who dont want to be in large groups.

Aeneas

Adventurer
How about scale the benefit of Necro forms with SS? Basically, in lich form, you'll need 120SS to get the full mana regen benefit, same for vampire (or other ) form leech benefits etc.

I would love to see items properties scaled with skill. If you have 30 mana regen in your suit and have no skill to regen mana then you only get a small % of the actual 30mr benefit. Scale this with med and focus, whichever is higher for example.

Or massive update AI so that high end monsters know how to target the weaknesses in a template. If they see no magic resist in player template, they'll just do curse/para/explosion-delay-then Ebolt so both damages stack on top of each other/poison over and over again. The same technique used in PvP. That way, templates must be balanced in both defensive and offensive skills.

Sampire can still work but slower. They'll have to trade anatomy for SS and fit in Resist some how. With uber items, it's not too hard to get 50 free.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
How about scale the benefit of Necro forms with SS? Basically, in lich form, you'll need 120SS to get the full mana regen benefit, same for vampire (or other ) form leech benefits etc.

I would love to see items properties scaled with skill. If you have 30 mana regen in your suit and have no skill to regen mana then you only get a small % of the actual 30mr benefit. Scale this with med and focus, whichever is higher for example.

Or massive update AI so that high end monsters know how to target the weaknesses in a template. If they see no magic resist in player template, they'll just do curse/para/explosion-delay-then Ebolt so both damages stack on top of each other/poison over and over again. The same technique used in PvP. That way, templates must be balanced in both defensive and offensive skills.

Sampire can still work but slower. They'll have to trade anatomy for SS and fit in Resist some how. With uber items, it's not too hard to get 50 free.
Most sampires already can't fit in anatomy if they have swords, tactics, bush, resist spells, necro, parry, chiv.

Sampires should still be function without SS. Having SS should only make the life leach greater, but it shouldn't be a requirement. Sampires are already pretty much the only melee fighters you see, forcing another requirement on them will only make it so there are even less.

Sauteed Onion

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Sampires should still be function without SS. Having SS should only make the life leach greater, but it shouldn't be a requirement. Sampires are already pretty much the only melee fighters you see, forcing another requirement on them will only make it so there are even less.
Yeah, it is rare to see the 100% life leech weaponed out melee guy too, and sadly more rare to see two live cross healing dexers these days. There should be more of an incentive to do things that kind of fell away as the game progressed, but I dont know if healing cam be given a mastery like innate HP regen, or once a bandage is applied it gives a little temp buffer to damage as a mastery. Haven't played in so long I have no idea what is what.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Yeah, it is rare to see the 100% life leech weaponed out melee guy too, and sadly more rare to see two live cross healing dexers these days. There should be more of an incentive to do things that kind of fell away as the game progressed, but I dont know if healing cam be given a mastery like innate HP regen, or once a bandage is applied it gives a little temp buffer to damage as a mastery. Haven't played in so long I have no idea what is what.
If healing had some type of useful mastery... I think a lot of people would brush off their paladins and other warriors with healing instead of primarily playing the sampire.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
> Also Nerf miners. They're the only character that can get those covered ores

o Others can get colored ores (or coveted ores) through town trade missions. It's slow but possible.
o There are also the potions that come from the alchemy quests of Ter Mur that can change a "lesser" ore into a different ore.
o Gold elementals give (unsurprisingly) gold ore
o There are still a few places with dull copper elementals
o Try killing some of the elementals in Dungeon Shame.
o Kill the ant lions in the solen nests.
o There's an iron beetle that can perform mining for ore. It's not very efficient, but hey.
I got a feeling he was being sarcastic but anyway we can add merchant ships as a good source of colored ore, and shadow elementals in the Tokuno mines

Jovi

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran

The problem is now about Mage, not sampire. Please leave sampire alone... it's not as if everyone with sampire can really do Everything! Just because a few good sampire can do that and post videos doesn't mean all of us can do the same. We all have different gear, experience, play style, connection speed etc. For one, my sampire can never match Bear Corpse. He can solo Shadowguard one character but I can never do the same. This template is fine, focus on the Mage please!

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I disagree vehemently. What about dead shards where it is difficult to find a group for hunts? Some of us don't like Atlantic because of Gen chat being spammed by pvpers and their constant pissing contests, and accusations of cheating every time they lose. Nobody can just admit to getting their asses kicked anymore in UO.
There is an option to leave general chat, click on the menu bar, click chat, click leave.

Grace of Minoc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If healing had some type of useful mastery... I think a lot of people would brush off their paladins and other warriors with healing instead of primarily playing the sampire.
I already play a healing warrior, no bushido/necro, and would not want to choose between the Swords mastery and a new healing mastery!

Maybe they could just shave off one second for each dex level break for a bandage to kick in. A 3 second heal is still slower then a 2 second vet heal.
And just leave the max 2 second speed for cross healing as is.

Sauteed Onion

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
I already play a healing warrior, no bushido/necro, and would not want to choose between the Swords mastery and a new healing mastery!

Maybe they could just shave off one second for each dex level break for a bandage to kick in. A 3 second heal is still slower then a 2 second vet heal.
And just leave the max 2 second speed for cross healing as is.
Maybe make it a passive like Focus has for Stamina Regen.