• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Sampires outdated ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That doc is incredibly outdated anyways. I think someone had a much better write-up on UOForums.

Klapauc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Helpful and constructive people like Connor and Lynk will always be remembered by some. Just wanting to see a certain name gone from a webpage isnt helpful or constructive.

Driven Insane

Sage
Stratics Veteran
That's your opinion. I believe in giving credit where credit is due and I don't like it when people get credit for stealing other people's ideas.

And if you really were around back in the day, you'd know Conoor was beyond useless, especially being the biggest archer fanbois in the history of UO. In his opinion WoD Archers, AI Archer (pre 35 damage cap), Stealth Tamer Archers (post SE), constant evasion, etc were all ok and didn't need to be adjusted.

Lynk at least had skills in both PvP and Pvm. Connor was only mediocre at PvM and doesn't deserve credit for jack. The only thing he gets credit for in my book was having no life and posting 300 times a day.

I guess if you consider quantity over quality, they yeah he was really useful.

Last edited:

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That doc is incredibly outdated anyways. I think someone had a much better write-up on UOForums.
My UOForums write up is also sadly out of date. While technically accurate and all of my tactics advice from then still works, it is not the best (or even close to the best) possible manner of running a Sampire. On the other hand, some of the later posted advice is very handy.

I would think about rewriting it for modern times, but I'm out of the Sampire game and have no time for reviewing old work (even if its not 100% up to date).

C

Connor_Graham

It really annoys me that somehow a mediocre player such as yourself managed to get credit for the standard sampire template. You and I both know you did not invent it and just copied what everyone else was doing. Just because you posted 300 times a day doesn't mean you should get credit for it and if I was more motivated I'd start working on having your name removed from the sampire page. Because unlike Lynk who actually developed a template, you did nothing but post someone else's idea.
I never claimed to be the player who came up with the Sampire template. What I did do was help others who were interested in building their own; I'm sorry that you feel that my being helpful to other players was in some way a bad thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
C

Connor_Graham

That's your opinion. I believe in giving credit where credit is due and I don't like it when people get credit for stealing other people's ideas.

And if you really were around back in the day, you'd know Conoor was beyond useless, especially being the biggest archer fanbois in the history of UO. In his opinion WoD Archers, AI Archer (pre 35 damage cap), Stealth Tamer Archers (post SE), constant evasion, etc were all ok and didn't need to be adjusted.
I never had any of these templates as I did not PvP at any time during my years with UO. As I did not PvP I had no opinion on what players in Fel did with their time or their characters.

Lynk at least had skills in both PvP and Pvm. Connor was only mediocre at PvM and doesn't deserve credit for jack. The only thing he gets credit for in my book was having no life and posting 300 times a day.

I guess if you consider quantity over quality, they yeah he was really useful.
Everyone is entitled their opinion, even when it's as inaccurate as this is. I don't even know who you are, and certainly did not spend any of my time playing the game with you, so I don't know how you would know anything about what I did with my time.

Driven Insane

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I don't know how you would know anything about what I did with my time.
Because you posted 300 times a day noob or because I played Pac before, during and after your short UO career.

See even though you quit and sold your account you still can't help but come on here and run your mouth.

C

Connor_Graham

Why I'm here has nothing at all to do with UO, and it's you who's running at the mouth about something that happened two or more years ago. Must suck to be such a hater.

Last edited by a moderator:

Driven Insane

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Oh so you're on a UO forum and it has nothing to do with UO.......delusional liar as always.

Yep I do hate you. You're a no skill hack who sucked at UO and if it's wasn't for posting all day and night no one would know who you are.

Just go away.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Lol. I was running a Necro/Swordsman who utilized Vamp Form+Curse Wep+HLL to tank **** during AoS (Particularly the Doom Gauntlet), long before Sampires came out. His template at the time was 120 Swords/GM Tact/GM Anat/GM Heal/GM Focus/GM Necro/GM SS.
I could even PvP on him then, and people **** bricks once they realized not only was i healing from bandies, pots and SS, but i was also leeching 20 health every hit with the Breath of the Dead.
I'd Corpse Skin someone, hit them a few times, then Para Blow them, Strangulate then Pain Spike them, Mortal Strike, and watch them die from Strangulate basically. I could also Blood Oath someone and make them eat their own damage on top of my damage output. If someone Blood Oathed me, it didn't even phase me because i had so much self healing. You wouldn't believe the amount of Necro/Mages i killed who thought i'd back off and that they'd be safe once they got a Blood Oath on me, lol.
Not many people used Necro Warriors back then, because not many people had the gear for it. I was lucky enough to have a ****load of T-Maps when AoS hit, and dug them all up in the first few weeks of AoS when T-Map loot was nuts at the time. With that, i had an all 70's suit (Which was hard as hell to get that early in AoS) which had some misc crap on it. I also had the Ring of the Vile and Leggings of Bane. I still had to carry around reg bag though for my spellcasting.

Last edited:
C

Connor_Graham

Oh so you're on a UO forum and it has nothing to do with UO.......delusional liar as always.

Yep I do hate you. You're a no skill hack who sucked at UO and if it's wasn't for posting all day and night no one would know who you are.

Just go away.
Wanting to say hi to an old friend via PM has nothing to do with UO.

Like I said, it must suck to be such a hater. I must have done something right to generate so much angst from you. :lick:

Arcades

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
First off, hats off to Connor for compiling info and letting people use his templates, I remember them well and although I didnt agree with some points, they were definitely a start to my own version. And Driven Insane, you seriously take the cake for being the noob poster that runs his mouth and posts tons of ******** questions. Let me see, you were a member since Mar 2012, and have 531 posts...that makes you the noob, no-skill, loser that fills this forum with useless garbage posts. Way to go...thumbs up

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think this has gone far enough, and I apologise for not noticing this thread earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.