• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Sampire...

4gregu

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, after all the spring ticket crap, i finally got a chance to try dreadhorn solo. How did it go? I never even got the keys. For some reason, when I am fighting a changling (both the normal ones, and irk... et al) I just stop hitting them. I'm still swinging away, just not hitting. Untill they eventually kill me. I dont know what the heck is going on!?!?

C

catship

Good Day
i started reading this back in may and made me a Sampire
i can't kill the ninja in citadal.
bush,swords,Parry at 120, tact at 115.9. anat at 95 (115)
my suit stats are 70,60,65,63,70
any help would be welcome, ty

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Good Day
i started reading this back in may and made me a Sampire
i can't kill the ninja in citadal.
bush,swords,Parry at 120, tact at 115.9. anat at 95 (115)
my suit stats are 70,60,65,63,70
any help would be welcome, ty
I notice you don't have chivalry on your list of skills. This oversight (assuming you didn't just forget to write it) will definitely make the Citadel a lot harder. With my ornate axe, I can hit a mage for about 15 damage per shot. With consecrate weapon, I immediately hit from 40-60 damage (it varies a lot)... HUGE difference.

But we'll go along as if you don't have chivalry. In that case, your best friend in the entire world will be either a rune blade or an ornate axe. You may ask, "Why are they so wonderful for me?" At which point I would point out that a ninja, thief or assassin with no weapon in his hand has NO SKILL either. Which means that disarm is the most useful skill to have down there. You may need to disarm a ninja several times (and I usually don't, since it's faster to just kill it), but the rest of the denizens of the Citadel are too stupid for words and won't try to pick up their lost weapon.

Use honor when you can, the extra damage helps a lot.

Keep clicking on a ninja's status bar while in war mode, then when the ninja throws a mirror image at you, you will keep hitting the ninja after the image vanishes.

(For another subject, if you aren't a sampire, then orange petals are tasty! And mages suck)

When fighting the high executioner, if you have healing, use it constantly. Otherwise you'll be forced to run off and use confidence every once in a while. His reflected damage outweighs your damage leeching, making him a tough opponent for the vampire-samurai.

B

Baghdaddy1

Re: the changelings..... If you were not doing any damage I'd be willing to bet that your weapon was physical damage?? If that is the case, try using the luminous rune blade + momentum strike 4TW

C

catship

I notice you don't have chivalry on your list of skills. This oversight (assuming you didn't just forget to write it) will definitely make the Citadel a lot harder. With my ornate axe, I can hit a mage for about 15 damage per shot. With consecrate weapon, I immediately hit from 40-60 damage (it varies a lot)... HUGE difference.

But we'll go along as if you don't have chivalry. In that case, your best friend in the entire world will be either a rune blade or an ornate axe. You may ask, "Why are they so wonderful for me?" At which point I would point out that a ninja, thief or assassin with no weapon in his hand has NO SKILL either. Which means that disarm is the most useful skill to have down there. You may need to disarm a ninja several times (and I usually don't, since it's faster to just kill it), but the rest of the denizens of the Citadel are too stupid for words and won't try to pick up their lost weapon.

Use honor when you can, the extra damage helps a lot.

Keep clicking on a ninja's status bar while in war mode, then when the ninja throws a mirror image at you, you will keep hitting the ninja after the image vanishes.

(For another subject, if you aren't a sampire, then orange petals are tasty! And mages suck)

When fighting the high executioner, if you have healing, use it constantly. Otherwise you'll be forced to run off and use confidence every once in a while. His reflected damage outweighs your damage leeching, making him a tough opponent for the vampire-samurai.

yes i forgot chiv, its at 62 .2 right now and necro is 40
i'm useing soulseeker . my suit is being worked on. but now its at
70,70 64,70,70
i got mace and shield
jackas collar
ring of the vile
royal leggings
stormgrips
cincture

soul seeker as main weapon for now

H

hampage

I don't have pieces to sell, but it goes something like this:
Chest: Heart of the Lion: a few hundred thousand.
Neck: Jackal's collar, 6-8 million
head: folded steel (8-10 mil), mace and shield(8-10 mil) or ancient samurai (2-400k)
Legs: depending on what you have on your head, royal leggings of embers (2-400k) or Fey leggings (depends on your race, 50k for elves, 1-500k for humans)
Hands: stormgrip (a couple million) or runic
Arms: runic to fill in the resists
Ring and bracelet: DI, DCI (if you don't have HoL, ancient helm, Fey leggings), fire resist (if you don't have royal leggings), HCI (not required, but nice to have), stamina increase (VERY needed). Ring of the vile is pretty popular too. And resists to fill out what you haven't found with other pieces.

For a weapon, mana leech (at least 30%), SSI (depends on the weapon) and stamina leech (as high as possible) are required. The next two extras should be HLA and HLD (don't need to be higher than 20%, but the more the better).
I see that combo only has defense chance increase and resists, nothing else, why is that?

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's what is commonly known as the bare minimum. Resists, SSI, DCI, SL, ML and HLD are what I wouldn't go without.

In PvM (PvP armor and weapons are different), everything else is nice to have (HLA, MR, FC, FCR, HCI and SR especially), but fitting them into a suit gets out of my price range and can mostly be compensated for by other means (i.e. mana and stamina leech on the weapon, lightning strike and not relying too much on chivalry spells).

And if I could add only one trait to what I have there it would be enhance potions. But I haven't found the EP ring I want yet.

B

Bouche835

I am currently building my template.

120 sword
120 parrying
120 Tactics
120 Bushido
120 resist
40 necro
70 chiv

I am understand that I am going to lose the damage from not having anatomy but I can't stand to be paralized this in game. And plus this is also a char I use doing champ spawns. As of right now I have 88 DI just from items not including the weapon.

D

Desolation87

Very brave. I find that Sampire is pretty much useless in PVP as the dmg output needs to be really high to leech back life and justify not having healing. I presume you will be 6/4 casting though and be a chiv healer. Corpse skin usually hurts too. Alot.

B

Bouche835

oh yea, I have the 4/6 that I will change for spawns and pvp. And yes I know I will not cast vamp form while at spawns and pvp. I have a different suit that I will change for that.

H

hampage

guys, I certainly cannot find any 2 handed weapon with all the extras you mentioned as necessary for the sampire... am I crazy or it do not exists? I used searchuo.com to try finding a good one but got nothing. I would like a 2 handed weap with high speed and life mana and dex leech, swing and damage increase.

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It took me months to find a weapon (one handed in my case) with all those attached for a reasonable price. So be patient and keep looking.

Or if you have a crafter, get the mid-range runics and try to make your own.

H

hampage

It took me months to find a weapon (one handed in my case) with all those attached for a reasonable price. So be patient and keep looking.

Or if you have a crafter, get the mid-range runics and try to make your own.
may I use dull coper runics?

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's more of a crafting question than a sampire question, but here's the answer:
No.

A dull copper runic hammer gives 1-2 bonusses, while a sampire needs at least 3 (SSI, mana leech, stamina leech) to be effective. So you need copper, bronze or better.

H

hampage

Im thinking in the following profile:

Parry Healing Tatics Bushido Anatomy: 100
Sword: 120
Necro: 50
Chivarly: 50

what do you say?

D

Desolation87

Im thinking in the following profile:

Parry Healing Tatics Bushido Anatomy: 100
Sword: 120
Necro: 50
Chivarly: 50

what do you say?
Nice pretty much the same as mine but Necro is a lil lower and chiv, a little higher.

Also you may find it better to raise bushido and parry to 120 (to give that almighty 40% defence chance) and lower healing and anat.

H

hampage

Nice pretty much the same as mine but Necro is a lil lower and chiv, a little higher.

Also you may find it better to raise bushido and parry to 120 (to give that almighty 40% defence chance) and lower healing and anat.
I just used the stratics calculator and it gave a 5% chance of defending with those skills and a shield on, man that sucks so much, I dont see the point in having parrying with that... or must use a single slot weapon without a shield (30% chance with that), but that sux since you can get good attributes with a shield...

I have got those results using the stratics parrying calcultor, anyone confirm me that its 100% correct?

also, let me ask: the DCI will always be add to the parrying chance, so if you have 40% chance with a 2 hands weapon and got 45% DCI you will end up with 85% parry chance, is that correct?

S

Sir Kenga

I just used the stratics calculator and it gave a 5% chance of defending with those skills and a shield on, man that sucks so much, I dont see the point in having parrying with that... or must use a single slot weapon without a shield (30% chance with that), but that sux since you can get good attributes with a shield...

I have got those results using the stratics parrying calcultor, anyone confirm me that its 100% correct?

also, let me ask: the DCI will always be add to the parrying chance, so if you have 40% chance with a 2 hands weapon and got 45% DCI you will end up with 85% parry chance, is that correct?
With 120 parry and bushido u'll receive 30% parry chance with 1 handed or 35% parry chance with 2 handed.
Also note that DCI has nothing to do with parrying. DCI only affect Evasion with weapon combat, so it's different. DCI affect your weapon skill.

S

Sir Kenga

Also i have a question, does vampire form still receive now 10 stamina regeneration and 2 mana regeneration bonus? I found that info in Necromancy FAQ i Spellcasters forum.

H

hampage

With 120 parry and bushido u'll receive 30% parry chance with 1 handed or 35% parry chance with 2 handed.
Also note that DCI has nothing to do with parrying. DCI only affect Evasion with weapon combat, so it's different. DCI affect your weapon skill.
ok lets say I have 100 parry and 100 bushido... that gives me 30% chance with 1 hand weapon. Since I will have 45% DCI, and since im using a weapon, somehow the parrying skill must ADD to the DCI... 30% chance of parrying with 1 hand weapon + 45% DCI = 75% defense chance

if that´s wrong please post me a formula or explain what´s wrong

D

Duku

Parry and DCI are different things.

Before, you try to evade (DCI)
Then, you try to parry.

The two thing dont add each other ;)

There are two checks.

In your case, first you try not to be hit with DCI (see the formula), then, if the check fails, you will try to parry, with your 30% possibility to block

dlwiii

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just to straighten things out - wasn't this template nerfed in early 2009 when you could no longer gem-up to necro skill 99, get vampiric form, then take off your necro-boosting gear, and put on good armor and jewelry?

Because I just tried it, and as soon as I removed the jewelry, lost the form. So my sampire has zero magic resist, which makes it hard to fight things like balrons.

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, nearly everything in this thread is out-dated and you should ignore it, but rather you should look at the Sampire sticky in the warrior forum.