• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Sampire...

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I use a darkwood suit, essence of battle, bracelet with +9 chivalry, 15 EP, 5 dex, and 11 DCI. My weapons are

Rune Blade
45 HML
44 HSL
42 HLD
30 SSI

Radiant Scimitar
40 HML
38 HLD
25 SSI
40 DI

I use the rune blades most of the time, switch to the radiant when I drink potions.

My old template which worked great with that setup was:

120 swords
120 bushido
120 parry
120 tactics
120 anatomy
85 chiv
35 necro

125 str
120 dex
10 int

Character was an elf. My final stats were 143 str, 137 dex, 10 int, 50 DI with no weapon, 46 DCI, 20 HCI. It was fairly easy to play at first, I just spammed evasion and lightning strike. Since the addition of the timer on evasion, I use counter attack instead. My speed record for Dreadhorn with that setup was around 11 minutes, and then about 15 for keys. I've changed my template since then to have 100 healing also, for group play and soloing Paroxysmus. I also use a high dex suit instead of the darkwood.

E

evilmouze

Can anyone tell me what is the uber suit for this template?

sword 120
parry120
bushido120
tactics120
anatomy120
necromancy35
chivalry85

Thanks (=

If you got the suit pm me with price!

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can anyone tell me what is the uber suit for this template?

sword 120
parry120
bushido120
tactics120
anatomy120
necromancy35
chivalry85

Thanks (=

If you got the suit pm me with price!
I don't have pieces to sell, but it goes something like this:
Chest: Heart of the Lion: a few hundred thousand.
Neck: Jackal's collar, 6-8 million
head: folded steel (8-10 mil), mace and shield(8-10 mil) or ancient samurai (2-400k)
Legs: depending on what you have on your head, royal leggings of embers (2-400k) or Fey leggings (depends on your race, 50k for elves, 1-500k for humans)
Hands: stormgrip (a couple million) or runic
Arms: runic to fill in the resists
Ring and bracelet: DI, DCI (if you don't have HoL, ancient helm, Fey leggings), fire resist (if you don't have royal leggings), HCI (not required, but nice to have), stamina increase (VERY needed). Ring of the vile is pretty popular too. And resists to fill out what you haven't found with other pieces.

For a weapon, mana leech (at least 30%), SSI (depends on the weapon) and stamina leech (as high as possible) are required. The next two extras should be HLA and HLD (don't need to be higher than 20%, but the more the better).

E

evilmouze

Okay thanks alot for the information!

Will a Diamond Mace with 25% SSI be fast enough? dont help me much if its not fast enough to survive =)

Diamond Mace:

hit mana leech 51%
hit lightning 44%
hit stamina leech 44%
hit chance increase 15%
swing speed increase 25%
damage increase 40%

Same question about this executioner`s axe, is it fast enough?

executioner`s axe:

hit stamina leech 44%
hit mana leech 50%
hit lower defense 32%
swing speed increase 30%
damage increase 33%

Dont know if I would go with either mace or sword skill.
Also read that Soul Seeker is an good option so if sword is chosen i got a couple to change with.

D

Desolation87

Both weapons are very nice. The SSI being enough depends on your dex. 150? Then only 9%SSI would be enough to take you to max swing speed.

I use Spirit of Totem for head peice btw. (noticed it got left out ;) )

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I do tend to forget spirit of totem, as I never used it, but it is a great head piece.

And the weapons are outstanding. My diamond mace is only 25% SSI, 40% stamina leech, 50% mana leech, 36% DI. It does very well for me indeed. My dex on my sampire is somewhat lower than 150 (I need the strength to keep my darkwood suit on after I'm cursed), so I just use divine fury to get to max swing speed. Higher dex would be better.

I use the other, more expensive suit on my non vampire samurai most of the time.

E

evilmouze

Okay thanks alot, really!

So with enough dex/stam for max SSI with heavier weapons than Soul Seeker, Soul Seeker would not be a recommended option? (=

E

evilmouze

Two more question.

How important is HLD is it a must? =)

And should LMC be 40%?

D

Desolation87

HLD is nice if you can get it. But using lightning strike and being 115+ weapon skill you should be hitting alot. HLD in my opinion, nice if you can get it. On my suit I kind of wanted to use mace & shield instead of Spirit, but I couldn't get the HCI so instead picked up a weapon with HLD.

The soulseeker is an amazing repond slayer, but your axe is probably better due to DI. The mace is nice but you will find the 20 or so damage the lightning does is pretty low compared to 100dmg you will be doing. So the HLD on the axe does it for me.

Pretty much every attack I do I'm using some mana. LMC is a must, however you will only need 30% as having over (this next bit I can't remember off the top of my head but basara did post the exact skills and numbers in another thread that I cant find.) 300(?) skill points in certain skills, you gain 10 LMC.

Reading through this thread though you will notice there are so many different play styles, best bet is to experiment. Keep the basics (DCI, mana regen, vamp form) but see what things work for you. I have bushido and parry and hate using a one handed weapon. But I know some people only use one handed weapons for pots. So what ever floats your boat I guess. :)

E

evilmouze

Thanks really helped alot!!

Just finnished building my suit:

70/70/70/70/75 in VE form

DCI 45%
LMC 40%
HLD 30%
DI 66%
DEX 25
STR 5
HPR 6
MR 6
HPI 20
MI 10

Hope it works with only HCI on weapon or no HCI at all but alot of LS? (=

I cant deside if I should go with either sword or mace, but in more into sword i think.. =)

Human or Elve recommended? Would Elve and having +20 focus equal being human?

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nice suit. You should do well. I don't have HCI on my suit either, and it works well.

I would recommend elf for the extra mana (since you'll be going out with a mana leech weapon, the LMC is less important), which means you could put more stat points into strength and intelligence.

Human has it's good sides as well, like the lower mana costs for special moves and jack of all trades. Sometimes it's good to be able to hide or cast nature's fury or cook a fish steak (stupid weaving quest). I have one of each, human and elf, and they both do well.

E

evilmouze

Thanks alot for help here Farsight and Desolation87!

Was really a great help!! (=

4gregu

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This thread is full of great information, unfortunalty not enough for someone like me who has never used the bashido skill. (thats right, never used it).
So what are the tactics of your basic sampire? I was thinking of going with:
120 fencing
120 bashido
120 parry
120 tactics
120 anatomy
85 chiv
35 necro

(Im planning on stonning my 100 healing just in case, not sure how it will be seeing as I have never used a warrior without healing)

The suit I havent started yet, but i have a nice stockpile of gold, so that wont be a problem (going with the mace and shield/jackals/stormgrips etc..)

The only undecided part is the weapon, will have to research that further.

Again any info on basic sampire tactics would be great.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you are in vamp form you life leech every hit. The general tactic is to enemy of one, and lightning strike every hit. You want mana/stam leech so you are always lightning striking and always swinging max speed.

Bush/Parry at 120 gives you a 45% chance to parry. If you get low.. evade, confidence, chug.

It's a tank template, you can go toe to toe with almost anything in the game. I have solod dreadhorns with that template.

4gregu

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Excellent, thanks for the info.
I think I can start building my suit now.
And start looking for that perfect weapon.

4gregu

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have another question, is this spear going to work?

hit stamina leech 26%
hit mana leech 41%
hit lower defense 16%
hit life leech 44%

Sure it lacks DI, and no SSI, but its pretty fast to start with, and with max dex I should be ok, right?

E

evilmouze

Just bought myself a new weapon to complete my sampire

weapon is an ornate axe:

HSL 50
HML 63
HLL 55
HLD 50
SSI 25

It got no DI and I end up with 66% DI on suit, I hope that will do it!

My swing rate with ornate is 1.5, without divine fury.

E

evilmouze

hehe said the same thing when I saw this beauty =)
Do you think 66% DI gives me enough dmg to leech and stay alive, also if using Soul Seeker?

D

Desolation87

Well, if you have chiv, Eo1 would take you to 100, then using bushido perfection that will give you the other 100. Of course theres no slayer but a total of 200di is pretty sweet.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
What do you recommend for a starting Sampire? I don't have all of the expensive items to keep my Necro at 35 and cast VE. I have a +13 ring, +13 Bracelet and a +5 Bloodwood Spirit. So that is +31 Necro. So 98 (min to cast VE) minus 31 is 67.

The character isn't much of a Sampire if he can't cast VE, so I think I'll reduce healing, anatomy, and tactics to accommodate at first. When I start to make some money and can can start to purchase some of the high-end items, then I'll push Necro down toward 35.

Is that a good approach, or would you recommend I run without VE initially? I know in the old forum Baghdaddy used to run without VE and showed it was effective. He later added it. It's his posts that convinced me I needed to try a Sampire.

Thanks all!

-OBSIDIAN-

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Since you apparently already have healing trained up (if you're talking about your "current character"), go ahead and add on the necromancy for VE. You'll see a huge difference even with fewer skills available to spread around to other skills.

I actually started my training with VE (switched over from necro-mage), and found that I used healing so little even at low skills that I dropped healing early on in my training process. By the time I was a GM armsman, I was already killing Miasma with no trouble.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
To get the +10 Necro book, use a heritage token.
How do you get a heritage token? I've only seen them for sale in game for very high prices. That +10 necro would be a great help.

Is the "Legacy Token" on the uogamecodes website the same thing?

-OBSIDIAN-

E

evilmouze

I have a little question about some skill points im unsure where to place

My template looks like this right now(715 skill points):

Sword 120
Anatomy 120
Tactics 120
Parry 120
Bushido 120
Chivalry 90
Necromancy 25

Would it be any help to set Chivalry to 70 and add 20 Focus?
Thanks! (=

4gregu

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Im no expert on sampires, but what i know about focus, 20 points is going to give you so little, you wont even notice it. I personally would keep it in chivalry, at least there you will not fail at EoO.

4gregu

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok group, I have my sampire ready to go. And I have a few more questions.

Skills
120 Fencing * = see below
120 Bushido
120 Parry
100.7 Anatomy (working to 120)
100.6 Tactics (working to 120)
85 Chivalry
35 Necro
Stats
Dex/Stam 150/150 (its actually a little over cap, 153. only shows 150)
Str/HP 100/106
Int/Mana 48/68
Equipment
Mace and Shield
Jackals
Heart of the Lion
Fey Leggings
Storngrip
Ring of the Vile
Bracelet (fire resist, little HCI, DI)
Quiver of Infinity
Totem of the Void
Runic crafted arms
suit gives me:
70/69/67/70/75
40 DCI
15 LMC
30 HLD
32 DI
25 HCI
+
Short Spear
HSL 34
HLL 48
HML 48
DI 40

I went out and fought a few things (a few oni, a cu and swoops) and I can honestly say I'm a little disapointed. I'm not sure if its the fencing and lack of high damage or what. I was almost constantly out of mana (trying to keep up lightning strikes) and once I was out of mana, it didnt seem like I was leeching enough to compensate.
So I guess my question is, is it really this much different swords to fencing? It's not a big deal for me to switch over, just a pain to raise the skill.
Or is it my weapon? If its the weapon, what should I be looking for in a good fencing 2 hander?
Also are my stats ok? Should I lose a little Str for more int? Also that extra 3 i have in dex (over the cap) should I keep it there in case I get cursed, or put those 3 into int as well.

I know I'm a pain, and thanks in advance for any help!

D

Desolation87

How do you get a heritage token? I've only seen them for sale in game for very high prices. That +10 necro would be a great help.

Is the "Legacy Token" on the uogamecodes website the same thing?

-OBSIDIAN-
Nope. Heritage tokens were a gift every char got for the 10th anniversary. Wait untill the spring turn-in is over and the price should settle at about 200k-500k.

D

Desolation87

I went out and fought a few things (a few oni, a cu and swoops) and I can honestly say I'm a little disapointed. I'm not sure if its the fencing and lack of high damage or what. I was almost constantly out of mana (trying to keep up lightning strikes) and once I was out of mana, it didnt seem like I was leeching enough to compensate.
So I guess my question is, is it really this much different swords to fencing? It's not a big deal for me to switch over, just a pain to raise the skill.
Or is it my weapon? If its the weapon, what should I be looking for in a good fencing 2 hander?
Also are my stats ok? Should I lose a little Str for more int? Also that extra 3 i have in dex (over the cap) should I keep it there in case I get cursed, or put those 3 into int as well.

I know I'm a pain, and thanks in advance for any help!
Are you honoring the monster before you start hitting it? This will increase your damage. Also make sure your using EoO, consecrate(sp?) weapon. If everything is going well you should be hitting for over 100dmg per hit. Or at least close to 100. I don't know the exact about of mana you will be gaining back but it should be a decent amount. Don't get me wrong, I'm never at full mana, but then never empty either. ;)

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Nope. Heritage tokens were a gift every char got for the 10th anniversary. Wait untill the spring turn-in is over and the price should settle at about 200k-500k.
Bummer. I really need to get that Ossian Grimoire. I must have started too late for the 10th anniversary. I reactivated my dormant account in Dec. When is the 11th anniversary?

Why would the spring turn-in raise the heritage token prices? I haven't done anything with the turn in... but heck, I don't have anything to turn in!

-OBSIDIAN-

D

Desolation87

Why would the spring turn-in raise the heritage token prices? I haven't done anything with the turn in... but heck, I don't have anything to turn in!

-OBSIDIAN-
You can use the heritage tokens to get virtue peices, which, at first the devs said you couldn't turn in. Yet now you can, so an easy 10k points. If you have any virtue peices maybe try and swap it for it a heritage token in brit to the people turning goods in. Someone might go for it.

4gregu

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are you honoring the monster before you start hitting it? This will increase your damage. Also make sure your using EoO, consecrate(sp?) weapon. If everything is going well you should be hitting for over 100dmg per hit. Or at least close to 100. I don't know the exact about of mana you will be gaining back but it should be a decent amount. Don't get me wrong, I'm never at full mana, but then never empty either. ;)
That's what I forgot! Honoring... LOL thanks, I'll have to take him back out Sunday night when I get home. Thanks:thumbsup:

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
You can use the heritage tokens to get virtue peices, which, at first the devs said you couldn't turn in. Yet now you can, so an easy 10k points. If you have any virtue peices maybe try and swap it for it a heritage token in brit to the people turning goods in. Someone might go for it.
Well Virtue pieces I've got... let me try it and see if anyone jumps.

-OBSIDIAN-

E

Eslake

Since I've never solo'd a peerless as a melee, I would love to try it once. :)

Would this template be suitable vs DH?

• 120 Parry
  • 120 Bushido
  • 120 Tactics
  • 120 Mace
  • 100 Anatomy
  • 90 Chivalry
  • 50 Necro
(Why can't we use the [pre] tag?)

I may have to steal another 5 from Chivalry for necro, since I don't have (and can't afford) the artifacts I need to bump necromancy high enough.

4gregu

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Obsidian, what shard do you play on? I might be able to hook you up.

4gregu

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, honoring made a huge differance. I also switched to this spear:
Short spear
HLA 38
HML 46
HSL 34
DI 40
I was easily killing swoops, then I went to miasma and was killing them easliy also. But I am not doing 100 damage per hit. Mostly 55-75, and every 3rd hit or so is hitting 100+
Thanks for the help, I think I am going to dry a DH run tomorrow. When I do, I will post my results here.

N

nemo

What would you guys class as more important DI or DCI as i have a bit of a dilemma.

I currently have the following

resists 70/70/70/70//75 in vamp form
HCI 43
DCI 45
DI 62%

I am using a pair of barbed gloves to fill the resists but would like to swap them for gauntlets of nobility to add another 20% DI. Only thing is i would then have to dump my fey leggings for barbed with resists because it's the only way i could get back to full resists, which would then drop my DCI by 20.

I'm using a ring with DCI 10 and DI 23% and a brace with HCI 13, DI 19% so given time if i found the right jewels i guess it is possible to make the DCI back up.

Anyway after rambling on my point is. What would be better, and extra 20% DI or 20% DCI?

Grr just realised if i use LS i don't need HCI and i could try to swap the jewels for DCI and DI, but then i would prob run out of mana cos i only have LMC of 8... this is geting confusing lol

And i forgot about stormgrip

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
DCI is the most important thing a suit can have. Period.
Leeching life back is good. Not getting hit is better.

Besides, with a good weapon, EoO, HLD (you do have HLD, right?) and honor, you'll be hitting the damage cap in no time against any opponent.

D

Desolation87

Farsight is right, don't lose your DCI (I've even given the template without parry a spin and boy, do you get hit alot!). Weapon dmg is included in the suit dmg cap. So you would need a weapon of 38DI to get to 100. 62 Di from just your suit is pretty decent!

C

Caelas

Ok, potentially dumb question...I;m working on building a sampire...I don't have the gold to get a decent suit or anything, but hey, I;m still training him :) Anyway, I see a few of you have Chiv...wouldn't Chiv be kinda screwed over by the negative effects of Necro spells? That whole negative karma thing really eats into Chiv, right?

N

nemo

The only necro spell i use is vampiric embrace, and you only need to cast it when you die...which isn't very often. So i only lose karma maybe once every 4 or 5 days, which is easily made up by all the things you kill

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When I actively used necromancy (wraith form, high spirit speak), my karma never got below illustrious.

Since I gave up using necromancy, I'm so far into glorious that I can die 10 times in a row, recast VE, and still be glorious.

So no, karma isn't a problem with my chivalry.

(The problem I have no is reconciling my chivalry with my new role-played personality, but I think I have that answered. Evil dieties can make you just as furious as good ones.)

C

Caelas

So do you guys carry reagents with you for the vamp spell, or do some LRC...? I assume carry reagents since there is so much more flexibility when you don't have to worry about LRC...

Also, How can I get the Midnight Bracers, +Necro totem, good jewelry to boost the necromany temporarly?

D

Desolation87

Take some arcane boots, robe or cloak etc. It's insurable has 19+ uses on it. Pretty easy for a tailor to make, and even a char with 0 tailoring can recharge them with an arcane gem. You won't get the full amount of charges, about 19.

C

Caelas

Good info, thanks. Where could I get the Midnight Bracers? I understand they are an artifact...how difficult to get / buy?

D

Desolation87

Artifact rarity 11 drop from doom. Usual price I think is around 4mill.