• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Sampire with specific limitations

N

nohero

Ok, typical story, back after many years away.

Want to build budget sampire as quickly as possible. Will be playing solo or potentially with a noob tamer/mage using a GD.

I want to be running solo champ spawn as soon as possible (acceptable if I have the tamers help but would love to be able to do it alone). NOT picky as to which champ spawn, you tell me which is easiest for a budget sampire. I'm looking for someone to tell me the absolute fastest way I can get a sampire done to kill (insert any champ spawn here). Would also accept being able to do one of the Peerless but I understand this may be harder.

Character Details

Race: Human
Shard: Great Lakes
Skill/Stat caps: 720 & 255

Skills

Mace 120
Bushido 100
Chivalry 100
Tactics 100
Anatomy 100
Parry 100
Necro 100
(this character does not have any other melee skill cap increased beyond 100 and has 100 Swords/Healing/Archery/Resist able to be stoned through another char)

I also have access to a crafter that is 120 Blacksmith, 120 Tailor, 120 Artificer, 100 Carpenter. I have NO runics but have thousands of all leather and ingot types. I also have access to approximately 3 million in gold at this time. No substantial starting gear.

That should be it. I want to take this char and turn him into a sampire than can solo a champ spawn, whichever is easiest. Please tell me the BARE MINIMUM required gear and which spawn I should target. If I could use this char with the crafter/resources I have to make a proper sampire today then that would be perfect. If not, what is the first thing I should focus on to hit that bare minimum?

I understand 3 million gold is not a lot and disqualifies me from Mace & Shield, Cincture and a good trinket. Please take these limitations into consideration.

Thoughts? Advice?

N

nohero

I would like to add that, yes, I am aware that many "noob sampire" threads have been created. Yes, I have read dozens of them. Yes, I am sorry to bring it up again. No, I do not need a link to any of them unless they address the entirety of my specific situation and ambitions.

Every one I read seems to imply that players have access to a 120 swords scroll or mace and shield glasses or runic crafting kits or (insert expensive items here). Which I understand is often the case and that's fine. I'm not trying to rule the world with my sampire, just want him strong enough to complete a specific task without another large investment of time or money, if possible.

Feel free to assume that I have the skill necessary to accomplish this with truly minimal gear. Been a long time since I played UO but I can learn the style of play needed quickly enough.

Thank you.

N

nohero

Get more gold....

Just kidding, sort of, you might have to do some searching to find old posts of setups using fey leggings and soul seekers to find your answer.
Getting more gold is fine, if what I want is truly impossible with what I have now, then getting more gold would be step 1. Is it impossible? If so, how much gold would I absolutely NEED?

Soul Seeker is a sword, I am currently a macer. Could I not just make a War Axe and/or a Black Staff and imbue it to have similar mods?

Wolfman

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, stone Anatomie, put on Magic Resist so you get never mana leeched (take off some points from chiv and or parry to bump it as high as you can get it to 120 (scroll will here be the limit).
Get your blackstaff imbued with Mana leech, Stam leech, SSI, Repond slayer.
Get a vermin slayer talisman.
Get your stamina/Swing speed as close to max as you can get.
Kill any rat Spawn you find.

Have fun! (most important in my opinion)

Mirt

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Somewhat. Most of the cost is not in runics but in PoF. You are in a bit of a bind choosing human but that can be worked around. Basically the best way to make a suit is to build clean pieces and then imbue them. After you have done that you take a forged metal of artifacts and use that to enhance it with something. With studded which is the set of leather you should build its either going to be barbed or horned. 3 million isn't a great deal and it is hard to run a sampire with that little to start. Of course once you do get it started getting gold and imbuing resources becomes easier. I would suggest trying to build up gold by selling bora pelts until you have a bit more money to play with. Soloing spawns is a gear intensive endeaver. I have found that with the exception of mace and shields (which are not necessary just nice) for the most part the artifacts are going to be from scrolls and cloaks, robes talis and the like

N

nohero

Ok, stone Anatomie, put on Magic Resist so you get never mana leeched (take off some points from chiv and or parry to bump it as high as you can get it to 120 (scroll will here be the limit).
Get your blackstaff imbued with Mana leech, Stam leech, SSI, Repond slayer.
Get a vermin slayer talisman.
Get your stamina/Swing speed as close to max as you can get.
Kill any rat Spawn you find.

Have fun! (most important in my opinion)
So Barracoon is the way to go? Is there really none easier for a sampire?

From what I understand so far, key stats are to get:

45 DCI
45 HCI
100 DI (or as close as possible)
70/95/70/70/70 resists
Imbue armor to have as many hit points, stam and mana as possible?

If I don't have Mace & Shield Glasses, will HLD be crucial to have on my weapon or can I manage this spawn without HLD?

Anything I'm missing?

N

nohero

Somewhat. Most of the cost is not in runics but in PoF. You are in a bit of a bind choosing human but that can be worked around. Basically the best way to make a suit is to build clean pieces and then imbue them. After you have done that you take a forged metal of artifacts and use that to enhance it with something. With studded which is the set of leather you should build its either going to be barbed or horned. 3 million isn't a great deal and it is hard to run a sampire with that little to start. Of course once you do get it started getting gold and imbuing resources becomes easier. I would suggest trying to build up gold by selling bora pelts until you have a bit more money to play with. Soloing spawns is a gear intensive endeaver. I have found that with the exception of mace and shields (which are not necessary just nice) for the most part the artifacts are going to be from scrolls and cloaks, robes talis and the like
I have been able to get POF at 100k. Should be able to get a full suit to 255 each with the money I have.

I also have a good portion of imbuing mats as well, this shouldn't cost me much if anything at all. As mentioned, I have thousands of Horned and Barbed leather also.

What do you mean by "clean" pieces?

I'd rather not have to spend money on forged metal, would it be impossible to solo Barracoon without enhancing my imbued gear?

Wolfman

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So Barracoon is the way to go? Is there really none easier for a sampire?

From what I understand so far, key stats are to get:

45 DCI
45 HCI
100 DI (or as close as possible)
70/95/70/70/70 resists
Imbue armor to have as many hit points, stam and mana as possible?

If I don't have Mace & Shield Glasses, will HLD be crucial to have on my weapon or can I manage this spawn without HLD?

Anything I'm missing?
Looking good!
You should be fine!

N

nohero

Also, should I consider a few cheap arties?

Ancient Samurai Helm
Stormgrip
Heart of the Lion
Fey Leggings

Seems I could afford stuff like this easy enough. Should I consider any of them or better off crafting and imbuing all my armor pieces?

Mirt

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yes you do not need to enhance but it does make a big difference in the numbers of mods you can fit on a suit. Rat spawn is the easiest and if you are willing to change up suits once you get money if you have 45 HCI and 45 DCI and all 70's after vamp form you should be good to go. The unbound EVs are great for getting all you need for dexxer weapons. I personally recommend hit mana leech, hit stamina leech, what ever swing speed you need on it to either get as low as you can or to 13 ticks. Then for some things slayer or DI and either Hit Lower Attack or Hit Lower Defense. I wouldn't bother with the cheap arties as it sounds like you are going to be able to imbue up and that generally works better. By clean I mean made with normal leather that will allow imbuing and enhancing that will give much higher resists at the end as they are added on after the imbue as opposed to before it. If the forged metal tool is out of reach I would either go with horned or barbed or a blend. I generally try to get pieces that have something close to the bear minium before imbuing it up so if you go piece by piece you should end up ok. If you have questions actually making the suit if I am on ICQ I can help you go through the process. Its a hard one to get through the first time but it gets much easier with time.

Gorbs

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think you should be able to solo Rikktor without much effort. You don't need PoF on your first suit. Do you have 100 arms lore? Do you have access to forged metal tools? If no forged metal tool, then craft your suit pieces out of barbed leather. Go farm up 50 essence of order (make sure to get 10 crusted lava while doing this as well) in the abyss, then farm up all your relic fragments from wrong or shame. Imbue 8 LMC on glove/gorget/chest/leg/arm piece. Imbue 4 HPI on each of those five. Where possible add SI to your pieces, and add MI on any which did not require two resist imbues to get you to 70/95/70/70/70. Buy or farm the essence and crystals to imbue 15 HCI/15 DCI/25DI onto your ring and bracelet. Do whatever you want with the remaining two slots. I don't know what helm you have, but ancient samurai will work fine. Next, craft yourself a black staff and a war axe. Imbue the war axe with dragon slayer, HML, HSL, and HLD. Imbue the black staff with Reptile Slayer, Hit Cold Area, and HML. Do whatever you want with the other non-DI slot. Next, go kill the Rikktor spawn. If you don't know the strategy you can use google to find it. When Rikktor pops you will need to choose your strategy based on the skills you have. The first time I soloed him it was with 110 swords. You should have no trouble taking him down using AIs. If you are dropping hp/stamina too fast you can semi-joust him. Use pots and confidence when necessary. The last time I soloed him I forgot to switch poisoning off my character for a skill that would be useful in pvm. As such, I don't think it matters if you use parry, healing, or resist as those are the skills I'd normally swap in instead of the poisoning.

N

nohero

Yes you do not need to enhance but it does make a big difference in the numbers of mods you can fit on a suit. Rat spawn is the easiest and if you are willing to change up suits once you get money if you have 45 HCI and 45 DCI and all 70's after vamp form you should be good to go. The unbound EVs are great for getting all you need for dexxer weapons. I personally recommend hit mana leech, hit stamina leech, what ever swing speed you need on it to either get as low as you can or to 13 ticks. Then for some things slayer or DI and either Hit Lower Attack or Hit Lower Defense. I wouldn't bother with the cheap arties as it sounds like you are going to be able to imbue up and that generally works better. By clean I mean made with normal leather that will allow imbuing and enhancing that will give much higher resists at the end as they are added on after the imbue as opposed to before it. If the forged metal tool is out of reach I would either go with horned or barbed or a blend. I generally try to get pieces that have something close to the bear minium before imbuing it up so if you go piece by piece you should end up ok. If you have questions actually making the suit if I am on ICQ I can help you go through the process. Its a hard one to get through the first time but it gets much easier with time.
The plan certainly is to make a better suit a few weeks down the road. I've read many posts about desirable endgame sampire gear and I plan to figure that stuff out, was just looking for a very short term, acceptable minimum gear/spec to handle a champ spawn as soon as possible.

So from what I'm gathering, the point of enhancing after imbue is to break the 500% item property cap from imbuing, right? Hit the cap with imbuing regular leather then go beyond it with enhancing? The alternative that is safer (no item breaking and no need for forged metal) would be to craft using barbed/horned and imbue to 500% and then the piece is done, right? Less total stats, way cheaper to make.

Without putting resists on rings/weapon I would need 375 resists points over head/neck/arms/legs/chest/gloves which works out to 62.5 resists per piece (with perfect allocation). Is that fathomable without enhancing?

Mirt

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It is entirely possible to get an all 70's suit (and shoot for around 100 in fire to be safe) with just imbuing and the GM bonus. It will cost you a few mods over imbuing and then enhancing but thats not a deal breaker. For a sampire its nice to add mana and some hitpoints. Stamina isn't much of an issue but mana can be. Your jewels are not going to be terribly expensive either its really just the essences that your going to need to get so it is possible to get that done with what your looking at spending. I wouldn't recommend reforging becuase right now its just too expensive for what you have on hand but that could become part of your suit in the long run.

N

nohero

I think you should be able to solo Rikktor without much effort. You don't need PoF on your first suit. Do you have 100 arms lore? Do you have access to forged metal tools? If no forged metal tool, then craft your suit pieces out of barbed leather. Go farm up 50 essence of order (make sure to get 10 crusted lava while doing this as well) in the abyss, then farm up all your relic fragments from wrong or shame. Imbue 8 LMC on glove/gorget/chest/leg/arm piece. Imbue 4 HPI on each of those five. Where possible add SI to your pieces, and add MI on any which did not require two resist imbues to get you to 70/95/70/70/70. Buy or farm the essence and crystals to imbue 15 HCI/15 DCI/25DI onto your ring and bracelet. Do whatever you want with the remaining two slots. I don't know what helm you have, but ancient samurai will work fine. Next, craft yourself a black staff and a war axe. Imbue the war axe with dragon slayer, HML, HSL, and HLD. Imbue the black staff with Reptile Slayer, Hit Cold Area, and HML. Do whatever you want with the other non-DI slot. Next, go kill the Rikktor spawn. If you don't know the strategy you can use google to find it. When Rikktor pops you will need to choose your strategy based on the skills you have. The first time I soloed him it was with 110 swords. You should have no trouble taking him down using AIs. If you are dropping hp/stamina too fast you can semi-joust him. Use pots and confidence when necessary. The last time I soloed him I forgot to switch poisoning off my character for a skill that would be useful in pvm. As such, I don't think it matters if you use parry, healing, or resist as those are the skills I'd normally swap in instead of the poisoning.
Thank you, between this and the other posts I have a good picture of what I should do. Glad to hear that with the resources at hand I could manage this. I don't have the arms lore quite to 100% yet but it's close enough that an evening of training it will easily cap it, my crafter was from a time before the skill was useful. Imbuing was the only crafter skill I've done since returning.

I have a good chunk of the imbue mats needed, for more relics, how far down in Shame should I go to get more? Would destrying packs of earth ele's on top floor drop anything at all that would get me some or do I need to start chasing EVs on floor 5?

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
You can get PoF for free...
Get 0.1 BS with all your chars and get 3 SBOD with each. They will be shield bods. Bribe them to 90% PoF (75% chance). Also get Shadow runic.

Here is my post from other topic:

It's difficult to get something good for such low price.

I suggest you get (atlantic prices):
Bronzed Armor Of The Valkyrie = few k
ring and brace 20 dci, -100 luck = 100k
Quiver of Infinity = 400k
Shadow Runic Hammer = 60k
Mana Phasing Orb with hci and di = 300-400k

1. Helm
Craft a circlet from normal ingots with 5-6 fire resists.
Reforge it (Powerful Re-Forging, Vicious/of Slaughter). If you don't get 5 hci, or get 5 hci with useless mod, craft another.
Take on a hummer with +skill (the best you have). Enchant it with valorite ingots. If you lose the circlet then craft another (chances to lose are more than 50%).
PoF to 150 durability
Imbue it with 8 SI, 8 MI, 5 HPI, max (20?) fire resist.
You should get a helm with 62-63 total resists.

2. Arms, Gloves, Legs, Gorget
Craft from barbed leather. Base armor resists 4,5,5,6,7. Max imbue-able resists: 17,19,18,18,18.
You need 2 items with 4-5 phys res and 2 items with 5-6 cold res. Check which resist you will get after imbuing. Continue crafting until you get proper items.
PoF to 150 durabilty
Imbue them with 6 LMC, 8 SI, 8 MI, 4 HPI, max (phys or cold) resist.
You should get 4 items with 59-60 resists.
The total suit will have 350-355 resists.

3. Jewels
Imbue ring and brace with hci, di, ep

p.s. I hope there is no typo's in my post :)
If you can't use Valk armor just craft another barbed leather item. As a sampire you need more resist imbues (I think 3 items with 1 res imbue and 2 items with 2 res imbue) so mods will be slightly differ.

Gorbs

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a good chunk of the imbue mats needed, for more relics, how far down in Shame should I go to get more? Would destrying packs of earth ele's on top floor drop anything at all that would get me some or do I need to start chasing EVs on floor 5?
I think the clay gollems on the second level will do fine for you. The lizardmen in wrong are probably better. This assumes you're looking for trash to unravel rather than pieces to keep.

Mirt

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
For relic frags its going to be much faster with the unbounds but they are easy for a sampire to kill so really all you need is a well made air ele slayer. Sadly the loot is a bit depressed from what came out origionally but anything that ends up high enough should do it. I don't think you will be getting relics out of the loot off of the earth eles though. I know some were doing it off the fire eles but for me unbounds was fast and fun.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It sounds like you know the end result when you summarized the final mods you're looking for, but you're just too lazy to sit down and map out what pieces to use/make with your budget.

kRUXCg7

Sage
Stratics Veteran
It sounds like you know the end result when you summarized the final mods you're looking for, but you're just too lazy to sit down and map out what pieces to use/make with your budget.
I can't speak for the OP, nor am I inclined to do so. And I am neither saying I agree or disagree with Lynk.

But mentions the fact that some people are too lazy to craft a sampire suit. I feel with all of you who are. I can't speak for everyone - but crafting those suits for me means I need Excel or the LibreOffice / OpenOffice Calculator. I am fine with UOAssist, UOAutomap, UO Mapper, a screenshot tool. But I am not very fond of Excel in this place. I would love to get assistance from the game there. Not a one-click-solution for a complex suit. But maybe in the lines of the Crystal Ball Of Knowledge, just a tad more complicated. Same idea for Raised Garden Beds - let my carpenter-tinker-alchemist craft them. And demand that I fill the bed with potions regularly like once per month or 1 keg of each kind at a time. Even add a gardener NPC maybe for that raised garden bed which demands a fee weekly or daily, like NPC vendors. So my idea would be to make it less tedious - and less 'scientific', without taking away from the work. You still need to buy or craft potions, still need to gather seeds and resources.

Mirt

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I can't speak for the OP, nor am I inclined to do so. And I am neither saying I agree or disagree with Lynk.

But mentions the fact that some people are too lazy to craft a sampire suit. I feel with all of you who are. I can't speak for everyone - but crafting those suits for me means I need Excel or the LibreOffice / OpenOffice Calculator. I am fine with UOAssist, UOAutomap, UO Mapper, a screenshot tool. But I am not very fond of Excel in this place. I would love to get assistance from the game there. Not a one-click-solution for a complex suit. But maybe in the lines of the Crystal Ball Of Knowledge, just a tad more complicated. Same idea for Raised Garden Beds - let my carpenter-tinker-alchemist craft them. And demand that I fill the bed with potions regularly like once per month or 1 keg of each kind at a time. Even add a gardener NPC maybe for that raised garden bed which demands a fee weekly or daily, like NPC vendors. So my idea would be to make it less tedious - and less 'scientific', without taking away from the work. You still need to buy or craft potions, still need to gather seeds and resources.
Or you could take advantage of those of us who have said ask away. I have walked people step by step through a suit building process and made a char on thier shard to help them. Your right excel does help do it yourself but with practice you don't need that sheet you just need to know what you want and then figure out how to do it. There are many great imbuing calcs out there and when in doubt ICQ one of us. I actually love making and helping folks make suits. If I am on I have ICQ on and I check stratics almost every day.

kRUXCg7

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Mirt, you almost shocked me with your offer. I already got my sampire suit (which is not uber but covers the basics) - but if I didn't, iven the fact you already help a lot on the forums I'd feel bad asking for your precious time. Thank you very much for your offer (I believe on behalf of many others), I hope you won't get stormed now :-D:popcorn:

N

nohero

Well, it's not about laziness, I'm sorry you feel that way. It's a lack of knowledge, which I've tried to piece together from dozens of threads and hours of research I've already done. The problem is, one thread assumes you can afford mace and shield glasses then goes on to explain other gear choice to compliment it. The next thread explains skill choices but assumes the user has top of line gear. The next thread discusses play-style strategy but doesn't include gear expectations. The threads that have all of the above in one thread all suggest minimum gear requirements that cost tens of millions.

What I was trying to find out was if my current situation and current limitations regarding money, time and items could allow me to come to an end product with an end goal in mind. I'm sorry if that offends you in any way.

The "final mods" I've listed are a list of 4 things and a question about 2 others, on top of other questions I've asked in the original post. So, no, I don't "know the end result". I have not played in many, many years and therefore have no knowledge if a 120 tailor/120 imbuer can make gear that meets all of these mods (plus ones I did not mention that I may or may not need like a minimum amount of HP, mana or hit points) with the limited cash I have.

Yes, I have done loads of research to get the amount of information I already have, this in itself dismisses the notion of laziness. My obstacle at this point is lack of in-game experience with both the new crafting system and the actual use of a sampire character. The purpose of this thread was therefore to draw upon the multitude of experience in these fields from others players to determine if what I aim to do is possible with my limitations.

Why else do forums like this exist? I suppose to troll people who know less than you and call them lazy, right?

Thank you to everyone else who actually tried to help me, your advice has been well received and I intend to put it to good use.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe my translator is broken, but to me it read like this:

"Hey I'm broke, I don't have a lot of gold. Someone please tell me piece by piece what to craft to be able to solo all of the high end content."

N

nohero

The other problem I have with most similar threads about "returning player with limited resources wants to make a sampire" is that they usually do not have a goal in mind or specific limitations laid out. This leads to a lot of varying information from responses which is understandable because, technically, you can make a sampire with nothing... it just won't be able to kill much.

The responses are sometimes littered with "can't be done on a budget" without a reason why. When it does have a reason why it's something along the lines of "item x is too important to live without" and that item coasts way too much for a poor player. I look at things a little more logically, I wonder what specific aspect of item x is so important and if it's not there then I wonder where else I can get it. Then I wonder if I can get it in another gear slot, what am I sacrificing in that slot that makes me unable to handle a champ spawn, etc. These branches of "what ifs" can be hard to research without ever having the opportunity to put them all in practice... which other people have done but I have not.

N

nohero

Maybe my translator is broken, but to me it read like this:

"Hey I'm broke, I don't have a lot of gold. Someone please tell me piece by piece what to craft to be able to solo all of the high end content."
My best advice to you then is to stop trying to translate plain english into plain english and read it as is.

1: I have little gold but come with max skill/stat caps, a fully trained crafter with applicable skills and access to many crafting resources. "Broke" is not a word I have used and I am not sure why you have used it and where your line is drawn between broke, blue-collar, rich and everything in between.

2: I have not asked for a "piece by piece" rundown of what to craft. I was asking what my minimum target of overall gear should be. Wondering if only crafted/imbued gear would be enough or if I would need more money to buy any important pieces, hoping that I could "get by" with crafted stuff, without knowing if I could or not. The advice that others have given has been useful in helping me determine this.

3: "solo all of the high end content" is a comment strictly made by you to make me look like some kind of parasite. I said no such thing and expect no such thing. I specifically and clearly stated that I was looking to solo (or duo) the easiest champ spawn with my current limitations and asked which one that would be. If you consider this "solo all of the high end content" then I would like to refer you to the first sentence of this post (prior to the 3 specific points).

N

nohero

To get back onto the topic at hand. A few more questions:

1- How important is HLD for acceptable success at a Champ Spawn? Without mace and shield glasses, is it imperative that I imbue this on my war axe for the champ? Is it not crucial on my black staff for clearing the spawns?

2- I can imbue 15 HCI on my 2 jewels, where should I try to get the remaining 15 HCI to hit the 45 cap? One post suggested 5 from helmet and 5 from trinket. Cost of both of these combined seems managable but still expensive for me. It also leaves me at 40 HCI. Can I manage with only 40 considering my budget gear or is there some other solution to get 45?

3- That same post suggests 20 DCI jewels plus Quiver of Infinity for my 45 DCI. I can't seem to find any appropriate starting jewels right now and the quiver is kinda pricey. If I use Ancient Samurai Helm or Heart of the Lion (I actually own both of these) then I can hit my 45 DCI with jewels and one of those pieces.

4- If I use the Ancient Samurai Helm and imbued jewels that leaves me with 30 HCI and 45 DCI, I therefore wouldn't get the 5 HCI on helm leaving me with 35 even with Mana Phasing Orb, is this too low? If I use the Heart of the Lion instead of Samurai helm, I can get 40 HCI and 45 DCI but then I lose more HP/Stam/Mana/LMC from armor imbues, will my totals be too low in that case?

5- Is Barracoon the easiest with a sampire? Should I start there? Someone suggested Rikktor but I'd like to start with the easiest and I've read somewhere that the vermin spawn might be easiest.

6- Stats, should I go 120 Strength, 125 Dex and 10 Int? Rely on MI, HI, SI from there? What should my base stats be set to? I guess more specifically, what should my target HP, Stam and Mana minimums be with full gear on?

Gorbs

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can solo champ spawns with 30 HCI / 30 DCI and 0 HLD. I've never tried with less. You're biggest concern in that scenario should be someone raiding you.

Vermin spawn is cake. You can even get Vermin Slayer talismans from Heartwood quests to free up mods on your weapon during the candle phases. Cold blood spawn is about the same, but you'll need Reptile slayer on your weapon. Arachnid and Undead give me more trouble due to the higher number of casting monsters. Your results may vary based on your strategies. I'm lazy and prefer to get surrounded by as much as possible and WW my way out.

My recommendation to everyone wanting to play a sampire is to go make yourself a suit that's not perfect but gets the job done. Start clearing Abyss mini-spawns or champs as you are able. Give Dreadhorn a shot if you're having success with those other spawns. You should soon have enough loot to sell to be able to buy all the materials, artifacts, etc. you want for your uber suit. Alternately, you can just level a mystic with spellweaving and go cast RC repeatedly.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

1- How important is HLD for acceptable success at a Champ Spawn? Without mace and shield glasses, is it imperative that I imbue this on my war axe for the champ? Is it not crucial on my black staff for clearing the spawns?

2- I can imbue 15 HCI on my 2 jewels, where should I try to get the remaining 15 HCI to hit the 45 cap? One post suggested 5 from helmet and 5 from trinket. Cost of both of these combined seems managable but still expensive for me. It also leaves me at 40 HCI. Can I manage with only 40 considering my budget gear or is there some other solution to get 45?

3- That same post suggests 20 DCI jewels plus Quiver of Infinity for my 45 DCI. I can't seem to find any appropriate starting jewels right now and the quiver is kinda pricey. If I use Ancient Samurai Helm or Heart of the Lion (I actually own both of these) then I can hit my 45 DCI with jewels and one of those pieces.

4- If I use the Ancient Samurai Helm and imbued jewels that leaves me with 30 HCI and 45 DCI, I therefore wouldn't get the 5 HCI on helm leaving me with 35 even with Mana Phasing Orb, is this too low? If I use the Heart of the Lion instead of Samurai helm, I can get 40 HCI and 45 DCI but then I lose more HP/Stam/Mana/LMC from armor imbues, will my totals be too low in that case?

5- Is Barracoon the easiest with a sampire? Should I start there? Someone suggested Rikktor but I'd like to start with the easiest and I've read somewhere that the vermin spawn might be easiest.

6- Stats, should I go 120 Strength, 125 Dex and 10 Int? Rely on MI, HI, SI from there? What should my base stats be set to? I guess more specifically, what should my target HP, Stam and Mana minimums be with full gear on?
1 - matter of opinion
2 - Let me google that for you (very first result)
3 - not a question
4 - matter of opinion
5 - matter of opinion
6 - your base stats all depend on what your equipment is. 150 is target HP because it is max. How can anyone tell you what to put your stam at without knowing how much SSI you have, what weapon you're using, etc?

Mirt

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
In order
1- HLD is a really nice mod but its not going to make or break much for you at this level its something to put on your list to get. I would not waste a weapon mod on it unless you have an extra spot somehow.
2- 40 HCI should be fine but remember that the trinket isn't something your always going to be using due to the undead slayer property I tend to swap out talies as it is so you might want to not plan on using that.
3- Using two artifact suit pieces is going to hurt when it comes to other mods. Your going to be spending a whole bunch on making up the resistance gap and it might cause you some trouble with mana and hp or stamina.
4- One of the most expensive parst of the suit and honestly incredibly important is the 40 LMC. I am realizing that I might not have mentioned that but any temp that requires specials is going to require mana and trust me its a lot easier to avoid spending it off the top then getting it all back on the back end.
5- Rat spawn is easy. Level 3 can be a pain with the mages but its one of the easiest spawns and champs. Running solo if you get raided especially with a discount suit your in trouble but hey remember to be like brave sir robin and run away. (until you get a premium suit)
6- This is not a heavy stat dependent temp its really about hp mana and stamina. Stamina is going to vary based on what weapon you use and swing speed, HP has a cap of 25 so thats important to remember. A good general rule of thumb is try and run at the very least 120 hp, 60's of mana and then dex in intervals of 30. Pick 150 or 180 for stamina as swing speed only works on 30's. Therefore if you have 175 stamina 25 of that will not count towards swing speed.
A bit of quick advice spawning and then getting the materials needed to make the suit are the way to go. I have found the shame unbound energy vortex's great for getting most of what I need for weapons and relic frags. Essences and the abyss are the next thing to do. They will also be good practice for spawning so you get a starter suit and work those and then get a moderate suit (with few of the arties) and then work spawns untill you have the money for a final suit.

N

nohero

In order
1- HLD is a really nice mod but its not going to make or break much for you at this level its something to put on your list to get. I would not waste a weapon mod on it unless you have an extra spot somehow.
2- 40 HCI should be fine but remember that the trinket isn't something your always going to be using due to the undead slayer property I tend to swap out talies as it is so you might want to not plan on using that.
3- Using two artifact suit pieces is going to hurt when it comes to other mods. Your going to be spending a whole bunch on making up the resistance gap and it might cause you some trouble with mana and hp or stamina.
4- One of the most expensive parst of the suit and honestly incredibly important is the 40 LMC. I am realizing that I might not have mentioned that but any temp that requires specials is going to require mana and trust me its a lot easier to avoid spending it off the top then getting it all back on the back end.
5- Rat spawn is easy. Level 3 can be a pain with the mages but its one of the easiest spawns and champs. Running solo if you get raided especially with a discount suit your in trouble but hey remember to be like brave sir robin and run away. (until you get a premium suit)
6- This is not a heavy stat dependent temp its really about hp mana and stamina. Stamina is going to vary based on what weapon you use and swing speed, HP has a cap of 25 so thats important to remember. A good general rule of thumb is try and run at the very least 120 hp, 60's of mana and then dex in intervals of 30. Pick 150 or 180 for stamina as swing speed only works on 30's. Therefore if you have 175 stamina 25 of that will not count towards swing speed.
A bit of quick advice spawning and then getting the materials needed to make the suit are the way to go. I have found the shame unbound energy vortex's great for getting most of what I need for weapons and relic frags. Essences and the abyss are the next thing to do. They will also be good practice for spawning so you get a starter suit and work those and then get a moderate suit (with few of the arties) and then work spawns untill you have the money for a final suit.
This helps a lot!

I do have a reasonably well geared ABC archer too, is it possible to handle EVs with him or will I need a starter suit on my sampire to farm them? Never fought one before, I can solo GD's and Ancient Wyrms with him though. Can EVs be kited where they spawn?

Mirt

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This helps a lot!

I do have a reasonably well geared ABC archer too, is it possible to handle EVs with him or will I need a starter suit on my sampire to farm them? Never fought one before, I can solo GD's and Ancient Wyrms with him though. Can EVs be kited where they spawn?
Yes they can. Oddly enough I have never actually tried them with my ABC but it seems viable. They are just past the mages and there is a safeish area to drag them off to down a corridor before the bridge on the south side. They drop so easy on my sampire that I haven't really bothered with them on anything else. I would assume if your taking down greaters and AW then it shouldn't be an issue. There is a bit of a space issue down there but as long as you check out where you can run first it should be pretty easy.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
My best advice to you then is to stop trying to translate plain english into plain english and read it as is.

1: I have little gold but come with max skill/stat caps, a fully trained crafter with applicable skills and access to many crafting resources. "Broke" is not a word I have used and I am not sure why you have used it and where your line is drawn between broke, blue-collar, rich and everything in between.

2: I have not asked for a "piece by piece" rundown of what to craft. I was asking what my minimum target of overall gear should be. Wondering if only crafted/imbued gear would be enough or if I would need more money to buy any important pieces, hoping that I could "get by" with crafted stuff, without knowing if I could or not. The advice that others have given has been useful in helping me determine this.

3: "solo all of the high end content" is a comment strictly made by you to make me look like some kind of parasite. I said no such thing and expect no such thing. I specifically and clearly stated that I was looking to solo (or duo) the easiest champ spawn with my current limitations and asked which one that would be. If you consider this "solo all of the high end content" then I would like to refer you to the first sentence of this post (prior to the 3 specific points).

1. Since you have Legendary crafter you needn't gold to make a suit. Just farm all ingredients you need.

1.1. You needn't any suit to farm MR, ES and leather.
You even needn't high skills to do it. Just kill what you're able to kill and unravel loot.

1.2. When you get MR and ES you can craft simple suit:
6 armor pieces with 7 MI, 7 SI, 4 HPI, resists
2 jewels with 22 DI, 7 INT, 7 STR, 7 DEX (if you haven't found better ones)
WW weapon with DI, HML, HSL, Hit area (at 90% intesity)
fast AI weapon with DI, HML, HSL, HLD, HLA (at 90% intesity)
Using this suit you can farm Relic and imbuing ingredients (Shame/Wrong for relics, type "UO <ingredient_name>" in Google for others - will be mostly mini-spawns in Abyss)
You main prioritet are: SI, MI, HPI, HSL, HML.

1.3. You can farm PoF and low-end runics with your Blacksmith.
I've discribed above how to do it. You can craft 8-10 PoF and 2-3 runics per hour. (By the way you can get 12m for the glasses in 10-15 hours of playing by selling PoF)

1.4. Now you should have gold enough to buy Mana Phasing Orb and Quiver. If you haven't then sell few PoF and/or some ingredients you have farmed.
You also need 2 jewels with 20 DCI. If you didn't find them while farmed relic then you can buy this items with -100 luck very cheap (just 25k on Atlantic). Well, if you play on desert shard like Drachenfels you hadly can buy anything.
Also you can buy slayer talismans (bovina, vermin, fire, ...)

1.5. When you get PoF, Relic and other ingredients you can craft pretty good suit:
Max resists, 40 LMC, 48 MI, 48 SI, 25 HPI, 65 DI, 45 HCI, 45 DCI, 50 EP.
Several swords with Super Slayer (depending on what are you going to fight): AI weapons with DI, HML, HSL and SSI/HLD/HLA. WW weapons with DI, HML, HSL, Hit area.
Also you may craft an AI weapon without Slayer but with high HML. With Honor and EOO you can hit the cap without slayer.
Now you can do spawns .

2. It's depends on your player skill. If you good player you can, if not than you can't.
The easiest (and may be the only) way to get answer is to try.
Some people can solo some spawns with a "1m suit". Other people can't solo some spawn even with high-end heartwood enchanted suit.
Do you really think there is a magic number like "if you have 27 HCI you can but if you have 26 HCI you can't"?

3. Well, it may look other way for you but I agree with Lynk:
As to me spawn = champion spawn. And there are a lot of people in the game who have played few years and haven't solo'ed any spawn yet.
Any champion spawn is high-end. You must be able to kill monsters fast enough to progress.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran

2. I doubt anyone in the game is able to notice difference between 40 and 45 DCI. Monsters are random. They have random amount of weapon skill, resistances, etc. And this affect more then 5 hci difference on your suit.

3. Ancient Samurai Helm and Heart of the Lion are crap items. 20 more dci don't save your life if you have very low mana and stamina.

4. Try to get comfortable mana, stamina, then think about additional 10 hci/dci.

6. The best way is to get 120 str 120 dex with items and use potions (you need 50 EP) to get them to 150/150.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
I don't suggest you to fight UEV's with an archer. UEV's teleport you to melee range. You damage without AI will be low (and you can't get much HML on a ranged weapon).

Gorbs

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1.3. You can farm PoF and low-end runics with your Blacksmith.
I've discribed above how to do it. You can craft 8-10 PoF and 2-3 runics per hour. (By the way you can get 12m for the glasses in 10-15 hours of playing by selling PoF)
Sorry for being that guy that goes off-topic with something that belongs in a diff forum, but I wanted to follow up with a question on this. I saw your comment in another thread on how to start this. Is your strategy to bribe the bods up to 20n gold (if you don't get lucky and get an exc returned before it hits shadow)?

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry for being that guy that goes off-topic with something that belongs in a diff forum, but I wanted to follow up with a question on this. I saw your comment in another thread on how to start this. Is your strategy to bribe the bods up to 20n gold (if you don't get lucky and get an exc returned before it hits shadow)?
Good question. I've never had the patience for BODs but it sounds like I might start, purely for low end runics and POF.

N

nohero

Thank you to everyone for their advice, I think I have all of the info that I need now. I've been farming mud elementals in Shame for some imbuing mats and I think I'm close to putting the suit together, I'll try to come back and post the results once I give it a shot.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
A char with 0.1 skill seems always get plain normal shield bods. (Well, if you get a normal weapon bos then immediatly buy items from npc and recycle the bod)

When you bribe a bod there are most chances you improve color.
If none of bribes upgrade a bod to exceptional then you finish with normal gold 20 or normal agapite 10-15 = 90% POF.
If you upgrade to exceptional early you finish with exceptional dull copper 20 or exceptional shadow 10-15 = 90% POF.
In other cases you finish with exceptional bod that gives you low-end runic hammer. (there is very rare exception - exceptional gold 10-15)
Chances to get 90% POF bod are about 75%.
Average cost of bribes is 10k, average cost of ingots to complete bod 10-20k depending on ingots price.

Gorbs

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for confirming your steps. I assume you turn the bod in on the .1 smithy character as well to get another shield bod, right?

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Yes, I did.
But now I needn't PoF (I have about 50 90% POF bods) so I get new bods and turn completed bods with my blacksmith only to get paltemale bods for valorite runic.
I also have about 150 weapon bods which I can recycle if bods I have will not be enough.

One day I started with 49 weapon bods and finished with 37 pof bods and 11 runic bods (I wanted to test how fast I can craft pof).

Gorbs

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Those are pretty good results, CorwinXX and it changes my thinking on suits a bit. My first suits for characters are always imperfect and don't use the max intensity for any properties. It's always just good enough to get the job done until I get the materials and line up a real suit (which does get PoF to 250+). As such, I don't PoF anything unless the original durability was really low. Given the option to more reliably obtain the bods for PoF without cycling for an extended period of time I'd probably opt to use at least half a container's worth of charges on each piece. I didn't even PoF my elemental slayer weapons crafted for use in Shame because 5 relics + 10 viol of vitriol was cheaper to obtain than 1 PoF cannister.