• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Bushido] Sampire vs bosses

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So some bosses seem significantly easier then others...for example baracoon is fairly easy for most sampires. As is dread horn and big butt navery. But the dragon spawn boss riktor.... Is impossible to tank as a sampire. At least he is for me.

Maybe I am doing something wrong....when he pops I honour him ...swap my double axe for my reptile slayer blade staff. Trigger armor ignore macro and charge in..... And dead.

Get rezzed check everything out and make sure I am loaded for bear....cast VE trigger AI macro...and try a jousting style more then a toe to toe technique....with this system I run by 10 times and maybe my AI goes off once and I do 170 pts of damage....but I have taken more then that by then and without friends continually casting heals on me...dead.

So what am I doing wrong....how do you trigger a weapon swing with a jousting style.
I have even had difficulty doing a large group of rat mages occasionally.. I just freeze up and can't get a WW off to save my life. Is there something you can do that will trigger a swing automatically without standing there pull up a critters bar to double click click on it?

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok but what exactly does feint do.....I understand double strike and bleed and armour ignore.... But what is it, how will it help me?

Duncan Drake

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Normally you should autohit the nearest hostile. (Autodefense). So ww should work automatically when a group of monsters is attacking you. There are some problems here with hit area weapons. Autodefense isnt always working here.

If you want to attack a specific monster there is a macro "attack nearest" Always got it on my middle mouse button.

Feint helps you against rikktor. You take only half damage.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok thanks Duncan.....so it is much like what the word means...it is a dodge.
I looking forward to giving rikky another shot

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Could also turn your sound on and listen for the earthquake sound rather than using feint. Riskier though

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think part of my problem was the wrong weapon damage type.

I was using 100% physical damage blade staff even with 166 stam and 35 ssi I just couldn't get off before he bit my leg off while stamping his feet. Even at 144 hp I was dead because I wasnt hitting him and when I did it was for less then 20 damage.
So I sat down with this great friend and we figured out ( with some help from the forums) how to make a 100% cold weapon..I chose daisho so it had double strike and feint as specials.

So I walked into rikky spawn in destard and three of us started ripping into the spawn. With a caster and 2 sammy's we had rikky up in less then 10 mins. I honored him and dragged him off to a quiet corner where I used a jousting technique and LS I was consistently hit him for 60-80 and then when the special would go off I would hit him for around 180..

the two of us dexers both used the same technique and our caster would throw heals on us when ever she could as well as some offensive spells at tricky rikky.

About another 10 mins and he was down and I had three death robes for my collection.....but that is a huge improvement and I actually felt like I contributed to his destruction. I think archers might have it easier with this beast....but it is nice to know a swordsman can at least cause him some pain.

thanks for the help...I think this was a successful test!

TW

Duncan Drake

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I recently did rikktor as well. With a bladed staff and ai dmg it should be enough to maintain hp. I always do him potted with 150 hp, max hci and 75 resists. When stomping i run away for a few secs and continue after he cried out (strange noise).

And 20% damage red. From swampy is a must have

Li Mu Bai

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
i am a kind of a new player but i soloed rikktor a few times and i thaught its the easiest champ. maybe cause i am afraid of spellcasters. actually i died more often to a greater dragon then rikktor. i was always jousting to half hp at least. i have 180 stam and i use 5ssi city trade deal (minoc on europa) so i don't need ssi on a bladed staff to swing every 1,25. that makes possible to craft 100hml, slayer, 40 di, 50 hsl and hld or hla or hf. even if ur 150 stam ssi is not so important when jousting. every time it hit me i leeched almost to 100%. 100 hml makes me able to ai every hit so it's no need to use elemental dmg. only if i got hit by melee and the scream in a second i run off the screen and cast confidence once. i need about 15-20 minutes to kill him this method. i play rather by night so i don't use speakers and i can't hear the I Will Scream In A Moment sound. i also use swamp dragon with exceptional barding. Done about 10times with 60 and with 120 parry. and btw - 35ssi on a bladed staff when U have 150+ stam is also not a good idea - i believe 20ssi is enough to reach 1,25 swing speed. it's important because the more ssi on ur weapon - the less leach cap. try to remove ssi and get 1,25 swing speed in any other way - ssi on other suit parts, city deal, divine fury (ssi 15 with 120 chiv and high karma)

Li Mu Bai

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Oh and i realized You're a true old school sampire with all those LSes. It's much better to chain AI Instead especially when it doesn't matter what kind of dmg You do with Your weapon. If You play on Europa i can give You a few 100 hml 40 di bladed staffs to imbue other properities if you wish. I am changing my Sampire into bushido paladin so i need 100 hll on my weapons and don't need 100 hml bladed staffs anymore...

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Could also turn your sound on and listen for the earthquake sound rather than using feint. Riskier though
This is what I do. I stand there and fight toe to toe. Once I hear a few grunts or whatever you want to call them, I run away until his EQ goes off. Repeat. Profit.