• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Sampire Suit..craft or wait for pub 81?

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
My current suit is okay but I am ready to craft a complete suit to max out resists and the other mods and stats. With pub 81 around the corner, (within the next month or tw0) do I wait to see what happens with the changes?

I am currently running with a mediocre woodland suit, I have HCI/DCI,LMC maxed buy DI is only 60 and I know that I need a nice bump on stats like dex and str.

I was planning on making a leather suit but with the upcoming changes I am not sure if this will work or not.

To make this simple (I know, I know its too late) do I make a suit now or wait, and will type of suit matter? (metal, woodland, leather)

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I still use wood for sampire suit and now with reforging you can get some even nicer mods.

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I still use wood for sampire suit and now with reforging you can get some even nicer mods.
Why do you use the woodland? I am not critisizing, just looking for opionions. :)

The reason I was thinking leather is that the runics are cheaper and a lot more of them. I believe enhancing with leather is easier as well if I am not mistaken. If the armor type does not matter, I will probably go with leather. I just am worried about building a really nice suit and then the new patch makes it worthless.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why do you use the woodland? I am not critisizing, just looking for opionions.
Because of the extra mods that enhancing offers. For example you can reforge on 5 HCI or DCI to some parts, imbue the other mods (stam, mana, LMC etc) then enhance with heartwood and hope to then hit either more HCI or the extra DI.

I was hoping that with the armour revamp they might of added more special properties to enhancing like there currently is with wood. I mean like add extra mods to leather and metal.

Using woodland I managed to hit 45 hci, 45 dci, 100 DI (with weapon) 150 STR fairly easily.

Last edited:

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Because of the extra mods that enhancing offers. For example you can reforge on 5 HCI or DCI to some parts, imbue the other mods (stam, mana, LMC etc) then enhance with heartwood and hope to then hit either more HCI or the extra DI.

I was hoping that with the armour revamp they might of added more special properties to enhancing like there currently is with wood. I mean like add extra mods to leather and metal.

Using woodland I managed to hit 45 hci, 45 dci, 100 DI (with weapon) 150 STR fairly easily.
Thank you, that was exactly what I was looking for. Hopefully they will lower all of the stam loss that I keep hearing about, hate to make a suit with almost all stam regen and extra stam. You don't have any screenies of your suit by chance do you? I saw a recent post that you had but you said that you had updated your suit since then. Thanks!!

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I read another guys post (archer I believe) who said he was stuck in a mob and his stamina was just dropping with the new patch changes. At the moment I'm running 186 stamina (no pots) and using a longsword. If I get hit it drops a small amount, but nothing major and the stamina leech on my weapon soon gets me back to full. When I get time I want to copy my sampire onto TC and go and give it a try out with the new changes.

Lorax_Pacific

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't understand all the pub 81 stuff and still trying to soak all these SSI possible changes, but stamina leech returns an equal amount of stamina to the damage. If I hit for 40 damage then I get 40 stamina returned and if you are in perfection then you'll be hitting really high replenishing almost every 2nd hit. I think the publish wouldn't have people running out to add stamina regen on their suit. It would be more likely to tweek the weapon to instead of 34% and getting stamina 1/3 of the hits to put it at 50% and get it every other hit. Typically you would use a weapon that you can swing at full speed even at 90 or 120 stamina so you have a buffer of 60 to 90 stamina drop. The woodland in pub 81 still looks best anyway between the leather and metal. I still don't see a reason to craft metal armor from pub 81 test 1. Now if I could add SSI to metal pieces I would be making metal suits.

I say make a suit, play the game and have fun. It seems I'm always tweeking my suits every few months anyway so I'm used to it. If you are bothered by making suits find someone else to craft it that isn't so worked up over making them.

-Lorax

Ganesh89

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I suggest to wait if you want to make a top end suit, i.e. using the forged metal tool...wait 'till the dust settles, that's at least what I do. Collect runics and resources until then. A good suit needs loads of imbuing regs....

King_Fisher

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yep I am with Ganesh, start hoarding your runics and the imbuing ingredients to make your suits. I know ill be doing the Essence of Order spawn until i have a good 500-800 essence saved, and ill need about 2500 boura pelts. Time to get ready to build the next big thing.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I personally am waiting to see how Pub 81 settles out before building any new high-end suits.

My favorite sampire suit uses one artifact in the 6 armor slots (Mace & Shield Glasses). The other suit pieces are a combination of Heartwood (reforged for 5 HCI and then enhanced with an additional 5 HCI for 10 HCI total per piece) and barbed/horned leather. I have not messed around with damage eaters nor bloodwood HPR suits for my sampire but am tempted to try some variations once everything settles out.

My hope in pub 81 is that metal, leather, bone, and dragon scales get some bonus mods and extra resists to put them on par with woodland armor.

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I personally am waiting to see how Pub 81 settles out before building any new high-end suits.

My favorite sampire suit uses one artifact in the 6 armor slots (Mace & Shield Glasses). The other suit pieces are a combination of Heartwood (reforged for 5 HCI and then enhanced with an additional 5 HCI for 10 HCI total per piece) and barbed/horned leather. I have not messed around with damage eaters nor bloodwood HPR suits for my sampire but am tempted to try some variations once everything settles out.

My hope in pub 81 is that metal, leather, bone, and dragon scales get some bonus mods and extra resists to put them on par with woodland armor.
What pieces do you use to get your DCI and DI? I am guessing you imbue DCI and DI at max into the ring and bracelet. I know some people say that they need a shield for the mods so they have parry while others say that parry and bushido work against each other. My suit needs the shield and parry. While I wait for the armor changes tor resolve themselves and get published, maybe I can learn more about sampires. I am loving the template but I know that I am far away from being as good as I can. I still take too much damage against certain things. Thanks for the help and please keep it coming!! :)

Padre Dante

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am the same. I finally purchased SA recently and literally finished getting to 120 imbuing on the same day as the Pub 81 notes came out. While I'm not ready to craft yet, as I am still building up the plethora of ingredients I will need, I am planning on waiting until everything shakes out of the tree. There's still at least 1 more set of armor re-vamp changes to come, based on the first set of notes (i.e. "Armor Revamp Part I").

So since the OP and I are in the same situation, thought i would weigh in and say - "I'm waiting"!

Lefty

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bleak just announced that they are resetting leather armor back to its original production shard settings on Test Center and said thanks for the feedback. This really doesn't say much, but their is a chance our leather suits might not be junked in the next publish. So if it is a big investment. I would wait.

I on the other hand crafted a metal suit today, though it was not for a sampire.

First I forged a ton of metal armor of all types. Found the best pieces. Reforged with shadow runics with the Regen Properties (This saves on seeds of renewal) then I enhanced with verite on 5 pieaces and bronze on 1 piece. I then used powder of fort on all pieces to max it out then started imbuing. As the char is Heavy hitter. I put stamina increase 8 on all pieces. I then put Mana Increase and LMC on all pieces and flushed out the resists.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
What pieces do you use to get your DCI and DI? I am guessing you imbue DCI and DI at max into the ring and bracelet.
I have 15 DCI on my ring and bracelet each. I have 5 DCI from a Corgul Sash, a Quiver of Infinity, and from a reforged piece of armor (ironically it is a plate breastplate with all of the stamina changes under consideration).

I have my DI from the following: 20 DI from Conjurer's Trinket, 20 DI from my ring, 20 from my bracelet, and 40 DI from my weapon.

Gorbs

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've long wanted to go the NuSair approach and craft a nice sampire suit out of platemail for my human sampire. I plan to do so still, but am going to only go so far as crafting the base pieces out of iron and sticking the lot of them in a chest in my house. Once pub 81 is finalized I'll either try to reforge for certain properties or just go straight to imbuing. At the moment I'm leaning towards reforging some HCI or DCI on the pieces

Lefty

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
lefty, why did u enhance, then imbue?
To help fill resist holes. This way you do not waste Imbuing Properties excessively on resists. So after my reforging and enhancing I had 4 properties left to add with imbuing.

This of course was on metal armor in prep for the next publish.

Last edited:

Gorbs

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To help fill resist holes. This way you do not waste Imbuing Properties excessively on resists. So after my reforging and enhancing I had 4 properties left to add with imbuing.

This of course was on metal armor in prep for the next publish.
Should we assume you did not use forged metal tools and were try to save by not applying POF on pieces that would then break during an enhance attempt?

Lefty

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Should we assume you did not use forged metal tools and were try to save by not applying POF on pieces that would then break during an enhance attempt?
I didn't use any reforging tools. What you do is create a ton of metal armor using iron ingots consisting of ringmail-plate and various helmets. Enough for a small army.
I Reforged with Shadow Runics for a single named Property (Invigorating/of Restoration). Several pieces were made to get the required Regen Pieces. After this I equipped my +60 Ash Hammer for enhancements. After this you pick out the best suit, getting a level range. Take note on the lowest resists on each piece. Each one will at least need 1 property put into resist.

Before jumping into imbuing you want to do your math on the property weights.

There are a variety of amazing suits that can be built with Reforging and Imbuing, Such as Items with INT, STR, Dex, along with their counter parts Mana Increase, HP Increase, and Stamina Increase. Then other mods such as Damage Eaters, HCI and DCI.

If you run a Template that does not require heavy investment in dex where as you can get 1.25 sec with 60-100 dex and SSI , you will have a bigger selection since stamina increase will not be required.

Lefty

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here is an example of what I call an equalizer suite. This piece here has one open property left. 8 Stamina increase can be put on it, or resists, or Stamina Regens.​
A whole suite built with this will give your warrior char +72 Mana Increase over all, 40 LMC with 1 more open property to boot. Thus you will have 2 properties open on one piece. 5 Pieces with 8 lmc, 1 without LMC.​

MayhemWushu

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Hey I Know I am a little late to reply to this post but I thought I would share my sampires latest suit (total mods).
Physical 70
Fire 95
Cold 70
Poison 70
Energy 75
HCI 45
DCI 45
LMC 40
DI 95 - 100 with weapon
Damage Eater 17
kinetic eater 5
SSI5
EP 50
Stam +40
Mana +40
HPI +25
HPR 16
SR 3
HLD 30

This combined with the vampiric embrace mods equate to 18 stam regen, so I do not think that I will be effected by pub 81 for stam. Further my weapon has hsl 50 so I leech quite a lot from each hit, and regen even if there is nothing on my screen. As for the discussions above about the hld... we are talking about a sampire here... this is a PvM build char, atleast the way I play it. I can beat someone up a bit but rarely land a kill. I have little hope of using this char for pvp regardless of the proposed pub 81 changes so I suggest building what you want now and enjoy playing it.
Dreadlord-
An answer to your question about a shield... this is kind of tricky, depending on your entire build it might be a good idea to use a shield SOMETIMES.
if you are 120 bush and 120 parry you have a 40%chance to block with a 2 handed weapon, 35% with a 1 handed, and a 5% with a shield. I personally use a soulcharge shield on some big stuff like semmidar to be able to spam more AIs but if I am going against multiple attackers (I.E. level 4 rikktor) I prefer a 2 handed weapon for the increased chance to block, also it does a better chance at evasion spell also.

My sampires current skill set is
120 swords
120 tactics
120 bushido
120 resist spells
70 chiv
70 parry - works well for me-
100 necro
with pots my stats are 150/150 str/hp, 150/190 dex/stam, 31/91 int/mana...

If you need pointers the suit is woodland with minor reforges, pof then imbued then enhanced with bloodwood. the head slot is filled with the prismatic lenses. I use a crimson cincture, rangers cloak, cloak of the condemned, corguls sash, and arcane boots for casting. I will tell you up front that this toon will rock the champs but I do have a great amount of trouble with stygian dragon, and slasher... incase you attempt to copy it... if your looking at champ spawns... you can literally go afk fighting with a few macro loops set. Hope that this helps some one out there, first time giving a serious post on the boards.