• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Sampire Questions

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
I'm not saying you personally. You put a list of monsters with numbers next to them reflecting what you considered issues of Throwing. Including:

2. Sometimes you do 2x less damage because of range issues.
... Sometimes you are not able to chain AI because of 2.
... Sometimes you do 4x less damage because of combination 1 and 2.
3. Sometimes you lose 10x more stamina per hit taken because of lack of damage reduction.
... Sometimes you just can't survive because of lack of damage reduction.

The list of monsters you gave included Stygian Dragon, Slasher, Dragon Turtle and Blackthorn Masters. Which most people who go around killing bosses would consider easy.
1. There is a huge difference between "you can't survive on several very easy bosses" (you can't kill) and "Sometimes you just can't survive" (sometimes you die).
2. Look at the list of monsters. There are numbers in brackets and I explained why. So not those monsters are affected by point 3.
3. Stygian Dragon and Slasher are not "very easy bosses". I don't know where you got this (probably they mean "easy to get keys"). When you played UO there was just one monster harder - Shimmering. Easy bosses are Dreadhorn, Medusa, etc.

You're still going to AI more in Wraith Form.
In other topic you say that usually you can AI about 15 times in a row without Wraith form. Do you think 1 shot without AI of 16 make noticeable difference?

You can have 55 LMC on the Thrower too so that point is moot.
Your point was about Wraith form. You do more damage because of Wraith form. And 55 LMC and 50 HML is why you don't. And yes, Thrower can chain AI without Wraith form.

The point was a Thrower can use pots because they're one handed, but an Archer needs to Imbue Balanced or unequip, whatever way you chose to word it/hear it that is a drawback for Archery and not Throwing.
So almost 100 less imbuing weight on a Glaive is not drawback and Balanced on the weapon is drawback? And possibility is to select and/or switch between Balanced/not Balanced (more powerful) weapon is not an advantage?

I've no idea what you just said, could you reword it?
You said "you keep saying this and this" while I don't keep saying those things.

there may be times when people run out.
There may be times when people run out of charges on arcane boots. Is it an argument to don't use arcane boots?

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Slasher is about 20-30 minutes
- Soul Glaive had 10% more base damage than now
- with 70 chivalry you had the same bonus as with 84 chivalry now
- you character had 5 more HCI cap than now
- probably Slasher had less wrestling than now (there was a patch that affected peerless bosses but I am not sure about Slasher)

I haven't played with my archers may be two years. It still has my old hotkeys setup so I was very clumsy and it took me 18 minutes. The second try was 14 minutes. (standard ABC archer)
My suit is very close to yours. 130 STR, 137 DEX, 175 Stamina without potions. Your had more STR, more DEX, more Stamina, more SSI on the suit.

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
1. There is a huge difference between "you can't survive on several very easy bosses" (you can't kill) and "Sometimes you just can't survive" (sometimes you die).
...No there isn't. But either way, you're the one who said it, and it is still untrue.

2. Look at the list of monsters. There are numbers in brackets and I explained why. So not those monsters are affected by point 3.
And I explained why I disagree, I don't know why you keep reiterating stuff.

3. Stygian Dragon and Slasher are not "very easy bosses". I don't know where you got this (probably they mean "easy to get keys"). When you played UO there was just one monster harder - Shimmering. Easy bosses are Dreadhorn, Medusa, etc.
They are for people that solo bosses, which is what I said.

No I don't mean to get keys I mean the actual boss. There are no keys for Slasher.

I still do play UO =/

In other topic you say that usually you can AI about 15 times in a row without Wraith form. Do you think 1 shot without AI of 16 make noticeable difference?
Yes.

Your point was about Wraith form. You do more damage because of Wraith form. And 55 LMC and 50 HML is why you don't. And yes, Thrower can chain AI without Wraith form.
I didn't make a point, you did, you asked why a Wraith Thrower can out damage an ABC, LMC and HML can be the same on either so is irrelevant. You can still do more AI's with Wraith than without it, and you can drain the target of mana which makes the fight easier.

So almost 100 less imbuing weight on a Glaive is not drawback and Balanced on the weapon is drawback?
Yes, obviously.

And possibility is to select and/or switch between Balanced/not Balanced (more powerful) weapon is not an advantage?
No, because everything has a delay.

You said "you keep saying this and this" while I don't keep saying those things.
Yes, you keep saying 'wrong' after things that you haven't proved to be wrong. Other than the ones where you just shout liar about semantics which I choose to ignore due to the language barrier.

There may be times when people run out of charges on arcane boots. Is it an argument to don't use arcane boots?
Wrong thread. But no.

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
- Soul Glaive had 10% more base damage than now
- with 70 chivalry you had the same bonus as with 84 chivalry now
- you character had 5 more HCI cap than now
- probably Slasher had less wrestling than now (there was a patch that affected peerless bosses but I am not sure about Slasher)

I haven't played with my archers may be two years. It still has my old hotkeys setup so I was very clumsy and it took me 18 minutes. The second try was 14 minutes. (standard ABC archer)
My suit is very close to yours. 130 STR, 137 DEX, 175 Stamina without potions. Your had more STR, more DEX, more Stamina, more SSI on the suit.
I've never timed one.

I don't really understand your point, you seem to be saying that Throwing will do less than Archery because of the changes, which were essentially making it the same as Archery? That doesn't make any sense.

If you've got a Thrower and an Archer both with 120 weapon skill, Tactics, Anatomy, Bushido and Chivalry, one in Wraith and one not the Wraith is going to do more AI's. There is nothing you can add to the ABC with that last 120 skill points (that the Thrower is using for Necro/SS) that is going to add any damage to it's shots.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
No there isn't.
You should ask your English teacher about it.

But either way, you're the one who said it, and it is still untrue.
I never said "I can't survive".

I don't know why you keep reiterating stuff.
I just pointed that I said something about one list of bosses and you represent like I said it about another (wider) list of bosses.

Nonsense. You is not able to notice that there is penalty. You do 162 damage and think it is proper damage to do with a thrower... and you notice 5% difference on AI amount.

Yes, obviously.
The same as above.

No, because everything has a delay.
Probably you don't see the difference between "select weapon" and "switch weapon". There is no delay when you selecting weapon.
As to switching you should try to do it with macro. It could incredibly improve your delay (and do it in the good new client) .

, you asked why a Wraith Thrower can out damage an ABC, LMC and HML can be the same
Can you explain why different templates has to use the same stats? And if they should be the same why they not should be like ABC archer prefer. Do you want to prove that Wraith with proper equipment can outdamage ABC with unsuited equipment?

you haven't proved to be wrong
It is not my fault that you reject to admit on obvious things. The same things (like imbuing weight, amount of charges, damage amount) you treat different depending of what you want "to prove".
Do you forgot that your Wraith had Healing?

I've never timed one.
This is why you wrote 20-30 when it really was 25-40.

you seem to be saying that Throwing will do less than Archery because of the changes
Stop a minute. You said before that there were not changes since 2009-2010 (you said changes were 6 months after adding throwing). Now you say there were changes. The same as above. You change your "truth" depending on what you want to prove.

Well, I believe there is no sense to continue in such conditions....

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
I never said "I can't survive".
What part of 'I didn't mean you specifically' was unclear?

I just pointed that I said something about one list of bosses and you represent like I said it about another (wider) list of bosses.
Uh? No, I haven't... where? What?

Nonsense. You is not able to notice that there is penalty. You do 162 damage and think it is proper damage to do with a thrower... and you notice 5% difference on AI amount.
Can't understand the first bit because you've worded it all weird. You originally said sometimes you do 2x less damage (again worded weird) presumably meaning 50% damage at max range, now you're saying it's 5%?

Probably you don't see the difference between "select weapon" and "switch weapon". There is no delay when you selecting weapon.
As to switching you should try to do it with macro. It could incredibly improve your delay (and do it in the good new client).
I don't have either of those macros. I have Equip Last Weapon if I need to switch weapons. But I don't need to switch weapons because I'm either using Throwing or not reliant on pots, or have Balanced. Every action has a delay. If it didn't you could have one macro to cycle several different suits/weapons and have all mods at all times.

Can you explain why different templates has to use the same stats?
If you're going to do a comparison between Throwing and Archery then everything else should be equal or it's a biased test. You stipulated Wraith vs ABC.

And if they should be the same why they not should be like ABC archer prefer. Do you want to prove that Wraith with proper equipment can outdamage ABC with unsuited equipment?
I'm pretty sure I said both characters are equal apart from the template stipulation that you made.

It is not my fault that you reject to admit on obvious things. The same things (like imbuing weight, amount of charges, damage amount) you treat different depending of what you want "to prove".Do you forgot that your Wraith had Healing?
You have not provided any proof for anything that you have said is wrong.

Amount of charges? Of what?

What has the character having Healing on the template years ago got to do with anything?

This is why you wrote 20-30 when it really was 25-40.
Gone back to speculation again I see.

Stop a minute. You said before that there were not changes since 2009-2010 (you said changes were 6 months after adding throwing). Now you say there were changes. The same as above. You change your "truth" depending on what you want to prove.
No, you just have piss poor reading comprehension. The change to under/over throw was made 6 months after it came out. The changes above were in regard to the weapon base damage and speed which were bought in to line with Archery. You said they occurred at the same time, I didn't.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
The same as above. Jangling with words and etc. But your doings say better than your words. You posted your thrower does 162 damage to prove that is does high damage without penalty. It's enough (for other readers) to make proper conclusions.

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Publish 81

• Throwing: Adjusted throwing sweet spot hit chance and damage reduction penalties. Throwing damage reduction penalties now scale based on player stamina and strength.