• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

sampire question

Troll The T Hunter

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
why does Bushido need to be 120 but most templates have parry at 60? it doesn't seem like the parrying bonus with higher bushido is the reason since parry is at 60?

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No skill needs to be anything, unless u want them to :)
The reason why people choose to have bushido at 120 can be any or more of the following.
  • Less steps to archive perfection.
  • Better chance to make critical hits.
  • Better chance to control lesser hiury
  • More damage with Wirvelwind weapons.
  • Confidence gives nice healing, (even on archer templates).

The reason why people choose to have 120 weapon skill + 120 bushido + 60 parry is to archive max mana reduction for special moves.

They could in theory choose 60 poisoning over parry, but it dosent scale so well with bushido.

For further reading / understanding, they nice people over at the warrior forum, made a very cool guide u should read.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
why does Bushido need to be 120 but most templates have parry at 60? it doesn't seem like the parrying bonus with higher bushido is the reason since parry is at 60?
Parry is a bit of an over pay, it doesn't keep you alive as well as other things can, in theory anyway. The reality of it probably depends on gear and setup.
I personally have 120 parry, and use shields (cuz extra mods really help with no insurance) so I have no bushi. The only things I REALLY miss having are perfectiong, and confidence. LS, Evasion, momentum strike, and better parry numbers are all nice, but shield mods usually trump them in my case.
I do just as well with this set up as the standard setup I had before.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have 60 parry as along with my other skills my total is 300 skill points for the 10 mana reduction for special moves.

Troll The T Hunter

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for the replys

under the guide it doesn't say anything about higher bushido lets you get to max perfection faster. is there something official somewhere that says that?
http://www.uoguide.com/Perfection

I'm not finding where it says higher bushido gives more critical hits. i see that lightning strike and anatomy will increase your chance but it doesn't say higher bushido will increase it.
http://www.uoguide.com/Critical_Hit
http://www.uoguide.com/Lightning_Strike

the hiryu is nice. wirlwind looks good if your fighting multiple things. I guess confidence is good.

the main reason I wanted bushido is for perfection.

Troll The T Hunter

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
aye i definitely plan on having 300 skill for the 10 mana reduction, I was just wondering if i had to go 120 bushido. As it is right now I have everything but 120 bushido and dont look forward to buying a scroll and spending time raising it if its not totally necessary.