• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Sampire Peerless & Doom tactics

Black Tom

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So I've managed to kill para balrons, para cus, bone daemon and most other high end non boss monsters. Now I hope I'm ready to try dreadhorn & doom.

I was wondering what your basic tactics are for the high level bosses? Is it mostly toe-to-toe? Or hit & run? I see in some posts that you should avoid running much and use evasion when in trouble.

I have sacrifice at Knight now so I can self rez.

Pots...I usually carry 30+ heals, 15 refresh and 10 each str & agility. Plus orange petals and apples. Should I carry more?

Any insight would be appreciated.

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
For Dreadhorn (easiest peerless for a sampy), just honor and lightning strike. Pretty straight forward.

For Doom gauntlet, watch closely where melee toons stand: there are certain places where less spawn can reach you while you take on the DF. Use eaither honor/LS or whirlwind.

Black Tom

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, first attempt at dreadhorn was a bust. Forgot to EoO first time in, died and swampy died. After rez, started doing better then got hammered. Forgot to vamp. LOL. Third attempt, all was going right and then kept forgetting to use refresh pots. Swing speed slowed and I died. Without swampy I was taking to much melee damage

Now if I can just stop forgetting things I should be OK. Or not.

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Woah, what weapon are you using? Remember, you need at minimum mana leech, stamina leech, di, and ssi. You shouldn't be having stamina issues.

Also, don't forget about evasion and confidence.

sirion

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
dreadhorn is easy. Best with Wraith form and have Cursed Weapon all the time + EoO. Carry LOTS apples to relief the constant curse, and pots/fruit baskets to boost stats. Use Soul Seeker or anything similar (need to leech stam also). Takes 15 minutes to down the boss.

Doom Dark Father. DOable, but not feasible in a long run. Too many mobs.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Woah, what weapon are you using? Remember, you need at minimum mana leech, stamina leech, di, and ssi. You shouldn't be having stamina issues.

It's totally doable without stamina leech or DI <_<

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor

It's totally doable without stamina leech or DI <_<
Not if you run out of stamina, its not. If you want to drop di, you're gonna need the di on your suit.

P

pgcd

I can't even make it past Irk - but then again, I found that paragon Balrons kick my ass every time with some kind of nasty combo (60hp, I don't hit, another couple 60hp).

Black Tom

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Well, my diamond mace has 45 ML, 50 SL, 30 SSI & 40 DI. I don't think I'll have trouble next time. Mainly stupidity got me this time. Not casting EoO the first time meant my swampy died when I did. No swampy meant more physical damage. Combine that with the curses and forgetting to use refresh pots meant I was toast.

Next time will be different. Just have to get my sacrifice rezzes back up before I go again.

R

Radix

I have no tried yet, but Medusa would be an option to DH, she fights better but she is theoricaly vulnerable to repond slayer (so soulseeker should do fine with all requisites)

Medusa Fight Skill:
Wrestling 119.2 Poisoning ---
Tactics 124.8 Magery 117.5
Resisting Spells 120 Evaluating Intelligence 103.1
Anatomy 117.9

DH:
Wrestling 92.9 Poisoning 120.0
Tactics 93.2 Magery 110.0
Resisting Spells 110.0 Evaluating Intelligence 110.0
Anatomy 55.0 Meditation 110.0

"In the paper" she fights much better than DH, but in fact she sometimes fails his arrows on my tamer with 15 dci and no defence, so not soo good, or the RNG really is a huge bull****
She both poisons and mortal, but it's not a problem for us if you keep kicking back ;)

At first you will have to kill some mobs, nothing too stronght, after that it's a 1 vs. 1, except for a little detail, if she petifries you, you will have to face her and your little evil brother ;-)
(maybe the last one is more dangerous)
Would be wise to take a gorgon lens before entering her temple.

In any case, i remind this becouse you speak about sacrifice, here is an Ankh to the bottom east, so you dont even need sacrifice, only patience.

I want to try her too, no post about a vamp soloing her yet, so who'll be the first? :lick:

:postpics:

J

Jander

Absolutely Radix. One of our resident Epic Sampires should give her a go and report back to us noobs.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I did with absolutely no problem in both closed beta and near the end of open beta. I don't know if she was changed between open beta and launch, but if not, it's definitely doable. 'Cause I suck.

Kafka72

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Medusa is almost just as easy as Dreadhorn IF you use Gorgon Lens made from her bright blue scales (skinned from her when she's alive) throughout the entire fight. I usually go through about 3 Gorgon Lens applications per fight. I've soloed her a couple times successfully but have been back at ML Peerless since the loot options are a lot better I think. That is unless you're wanting to gear up a Gargoyle.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Gearing up a gargoyle is done better with imbuing though.

Black Tom

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, dropped my first Dreadhorn. Only got a Talon Bite, but maybe better next time. Did find that my normal 20 refresh pots wasn't near enough. Had to start with Divine Fury half way through. But never was in any real trouble.

Thanks to everyone for you insights.

And I agree that irk is harder than Dreadhorn. Didn't help that I had to kill 6-8 to get a brain.

R

Radix

Medusa is almost just as easy as Dreadhorn IF you use Gorgon Lens made from her bright blue scales (skinned from her when she's alive) throughout the entire fight. I usually go through about 3 Gorgon Lens applications per fight. I've soloed her a couple times successfully but have been back at ML Peerless since the loot options are a lot better I think. That is unless you're wanting to gear up a Gargoyle.
Yeah, the clones can be a real pain, when the clones are sampires (and some mages). They block, confi, cast necro... thanks god they dont have mounts also xD
Where do you find the crystals to craft the gorgon lens? There is a lot of types of crystals now, those come from the Shimmering place?

Btw, only rewards i have from Medusa were the petrified snake staf/mace and de dragon tooth, apart from blood, books, scales and the junk, she dont drops anything more?

L

LordDextonious

Any of the shimmering keys, and scattered crystals that are lying on the ground or on mob corpses. Best supply is daemons in prism of light, because almost all of them have a key. Then alchemist to make crushed glass out of it. 4 crystals make one dust I believe.

S

Stupid Miner

Well, my diamond mace has 45 ML, 50 SL, 30 SSI & 40 DI. I don't think I'll have trouble next time. Mainly stupidity got me this time. Not casting EoO the first time meant my swampy died when I did. No swampy meant more physical damage. Combine that with the curses and forgetting to use refresh pots meant I was toast.

Next time will be different. Just have to get my sacrifice rezzes back up before I go again.
Don't worry, first time fighting a boss, everything always goes wrong. It's a learning experience :)

Gearing up a gargoyle is done better with imbuing though.
The Breastplate of the Berzerker begs to differ. :)

A

archsama

question: what would be better for DH? winds edge or Soul Seeker? I hit harder with winds edge I guess, since I get 100% DI. and about using pots with a 2 hander, I have a EUO macro to unequip , drink and reequip, its doable timing the hits?

C

Connor_Graham

I have a EUO macro to unequip
EUO? If that's what I think it is then you need to just move along. We don't need cheaters around here. If you need to cheat to play a Sampire you won't be able to beat the peerless anyway.

H

HellaFarris

I think he might mean Enhanced Client UO (though I've not actually seen it written like that before) you can do some nifty equip/unequip macros with it.

Of course I might be wrong - in which case I'll be quiet :)

A

archsama

err.. no need to get all worked up. I play in a runuo OSI-like freeshard because I live in Brazil and even though UO has 12 years 200 ping still gets in the way. I work as a developer, I think it is easier to code in easyuo, which is allowed in the freeshard I play.

Anyway, ignore the EUO and pretend I have separate macros to do unequip / pot / equip thing, the question is still valid

(and for the record I didn't even know EUO was forbidden in OSI since I never played there)

P

Pazuzu

err.. no need to get all worked up. I play in a runuo OSI-like freeshard because I live in Brazil and even though UO has 12 years 200 ping still gets in the way. I work as a developer, I think it is easier to code in easyuo, which is allowed in the freeshard I play.

Anyway, ignore the EUO and pretend I have separate macros to do unequip / pot / equip thing, the question is still valid

(and for the record I didn't even know EUO was forbidden in OSI since I never played there)
LOL - free shards are ALSO forbidden - no idea how you could not know that.

Not to mention - why are you asking here? The rules on Prod Shards aren't remotely the same as rules on a free one, so why ask? Nothing answered here would likely apply to your shard anyway.

A

archsama

Most of the things I read here apply and have helped me a lot. Never thought I'd get that kind of hostile response by posting here. I am quite guilty myself for not knowing the forum rules and I apologize. I will keep my participation by just reading like I used to.

Klapauc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, so you are playing a different game then most of us.If your 2-handed weapon has the feint special that cuts damage in half and you hit harder with it,use it.

B

BeefSupreme

I'm having the toughest time with the twisted weald!

I can take down Miasma in 3 shots.
Gnaw once knocked off 2 HPs.
A para changling got me down to 90 HPs.

but get 3 changelings on me and it's over!

Right now I'm just using honor to get past the quicksand. At the end of it there are always 3 or 4 changelings, all gunning for me.

What is everyone else doing here?
The best I've done so far, has been lasting about 30 secs with spite,gnaw and 2 changelings on me.

At least on Pac, there is always a huge mob right there either in front or right after gnaw's cave.

Tried my best luring them away, but Flamestrike/Flamestrike/ebolt etc and I don't get very far :)

S

Sir Kenga

Hulkamaniac, u need to rely heavily on pots there, use 1 handed weap, also if u are swarmed try to find easiest target to leech from it. Try not to cast EoO and Divine Fure. Cast Consecrate always (every 11 seconds).

C

Chyna of Sonoma

I don't know where i am going wrong but i just spent an hour with DH and barely scratched him and died at least a dozen times. brought my bro's tamer with me to sit in the corner and rez me and my swampy because i wanted to see if i could work on some technique.

im new at samping but i made a good suit that has all the requirements: DI: 100, HCI: 45, DCI: 45, LMC: 40, ML: 50, SL: 50, HLA: 50, max resist in VF, etc

Sometimes i can hang for 5 minutes, sometimes im gone in 10 seconds. hits me with that poison and i go from full to nothing in a few seconds. i switched between a kryss and a leafblade but didnt seem to last longer with either one. did the usual EoO, CW, constant LS trying to keep Confidence going. Tried to use evasion a few times but that didnt seem to get me anywhere either. had potions i was popping but the heals dont work when you are green and i am always green.

I dont have any magic resist, is that the problem? He was on me before i could even honor him so i lost out there and once he's hit im screwed. I figured out how to reliably solo him with my disco tamer but it takes 45 minutes and thought this might work better. Im not getting this at all so far.

that said, i was able to defeat Medusa with little problem a few days ago. maybe i just got a really nasty DH but i had flashbacks to the old days when balrons in the terra keep would walk up to you and kill you with one swipe.

Aibal

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In addition to the honor, I would look hard at a spellblade instead of a kryss for the feint (I believe it's the spellblade that has the feint special). Honestly, using a kryss against him is like pissing on a forest fire, as there is no way you will hit hard enough to leach back your mana/stamina.

C

Connor_Graham

In addition to the honor, I would look hard at a spellblade instead of a kryss for the feint (I believe it's the spellblade that has the feint special). Honestly, using a kryss against him is like pissing on a forest fire, as there is no way you will hit hard enough to leach back your mana/stamina.
I believe you're thinking of the leafblade.

Aibal

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's why I said I believe lol. I don't play a fencer on my sampy (at the moment). Okay, stick with the leafblade, but definately forget the kryss.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Leafblade if you're a fencer, Daisho if you're a swordsman. They are both winners. I :heart: feint.