• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Sampire or Wammy

Dragkiris

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wanna make a solo peerless/doom template. I have never played any kind of dexxer at all before. Money is no option. I just need a template.

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Different templates for different Peerless:
120 swords
120 parry
120 bushido
100 tactics
100 necro
60 chivalry

Those skills go for every situation

100 anatomy for Dread Horn, DH key collecting, Travesty, Paroxy, Paroxy keys
100 spirit speak for spawning (wraith form and wither to speed things up early on, maybe vamp form later with curse weapon for double leeching), Paroxy, DH, but not DH key collecting or Travesty (when they copy your necro/SS, it's really hard to kill changelings).
100 resist spells for Doom or high level necro-spell casting mobs. I kill myself more often with their blood oath (I have no stones to switch in resist) than anything else.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
120 wep
120 parry
120 bushido
90 tactics
99 necro
60 chivalry
90 Anatomy
90 Healing

Use that template and work in either the 10/10 bush/parry Mark of Travesty or wear the midnight bracers as part of your suit.

Then get jewelry with DCI, DMG Inc and +skills to hit the skills listed above.

Then the obvious get a mana/stam leech 3 second weapon (i like macing because of diamond maces) with max SSI.

You don't need hit chance because all you will do is lightning strike.

The healing is like a safety net that guarantees survival by yourself. I managed to fit 40 EP in too so the nice big heal pots help.

C

Connor_Graham

I prefer Farsight's setup over Lynk's. Lynk's is way too +skill item based, and leaves not only your suit & jewels, but your entire template married to the items so that any changes that may be made down the road will require a complete rebuild of the character instead of a simple swap of skills off soulstones.

Dragkiris

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm not using this char for spawns I have guys for that. I'm mostly wanting a strong peerless/top end mob template. Like I said earlier money is no object but I have no idea how to play a dexxer :(. I was thinking of using a Ornate Axe for super damage. What arties should I build around. Rune beetle, ring of vile?

C

Connor_Graham

The template that Farsight listed is good for all of the Peerless AND Doom. The ability to swap out specific skills gives you max effectiveness for each individual situation you'll be putting yourself into.

For example, you sure wouldn't want to have Healing on your template when you head in to solo Travesty, or you'd never manage to kill Travesty before you timed out. You'd want Resist in your template when in Doom against Necro casting creatures or you'll end up killing yourself.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I stand by my template for all scenarios. I use him in Doom, Travesty, Dreadhorn, etc.

Better surviveability IMO.

If you don't have healing, and you miss an honor on your opponent you are completely screwed as you're not doing enough damage to leech the necessary life back.

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I stand by my template for all scenarios. I use him in Doom, Travesty, Dreadhorn, etc.

Better surviveability IMO.

If you don't have healing, and you miss an honor on your opponent you are completely screwed as you're not doing enough damage to leech the necessary life back.
I will have to say I don't agree. Better survivability I cannot say. I am more with Connor and Farsight as far as having a setup and swapping skills out when needed.

As far as the healing aspect, no it is not needed. It is only based on your own play preference though.

In terms of healing...not having it that is, having max bushido, parry, and weapon helps vastly in terms of doing what you have to do. For example, I have to say swords is preferable for this setup. Not macing or fencing. I can just swap out for a radiant scimitar if I did happen to miss perfection. In most cases that will solve the problem. You can leech back life and be on your way.

Now I may be the only one that uses Momentum strike...I am not sure, but that helps a ton as well in addition to leeching. You can really clean house quickly using that.

As far as the poster's question, will an Ornate axe work? Sure you bet. But, you will want to have other swap out weapons as well. i.e. For getting life/mana/stamina back from multiple mobs at the same time. Soul seeker or another scimitar will work fine for this.

In my opinion, you just need to have a routine down. If you do miss honor and you PANIC, then yeah you're screwed. Between chivalry, leeching back life though, and confidence...I have never had any issues when I tinkered with this template.

Mine was much the same as Farsight's setup. Not the same numbers in all areas but pretty close. The template allows you just adjust as necessary and stay versatile.

Equipment is really up to you. I like to stack DCI to keep a defensive setup. Like Lynk said HCI is not an absolute. I still have close to the cap but that is just how the equipment was setup originally.

You can make due with lightning strike and your other abilities. Timing of your weapon skills and abilities will make all the difference in the long run however.

Other than that, I highly recommend Knight of Honor if you don't have it already.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm not a fan of switching skills on soulstones. I make a template to use and rarely do I change unless it becomes ineffective.

As far as DPS.. I'd be happy to have a competition to see who drops Dreadhorn quicker without dying.

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm not a fan of switching skills on soulstones. I make a template to use and rarely do I change unless it becomes ineffective.

As far as DPS.. I'd be happy to have a competition to see who drops Dreadhorn quicker without dying.
That is a lot of work just to start over again if a template becomes ineffective.

As far as the poster it will depend on your playstyle as to which of those you choose. Wammy has it's uses as well. I like using that for Prism of Light. Doesn't really matter either way though.

A

Azmira Zalof

Lynk, your template has 789 skills. Even with a mark, bracers, and jewelry, you're way over the 720 cap. What don't you have?

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My first whammy, back when I was inexperienced in these things, had about 790 skill points. I had a ring with +15 macing and +15 parry as well as a bracelet with more than 10 points in chivalry and I believe necromancy (It was over a year ago, can't remember so well). Both pieces had max DI as well as some stat gains. Added to the midnight bracers, that's at least 790 skill points.

It made switching out when I found better jewels very rough indeed.

T

Turdnugget

Using the first template Farsight posted but with 100 SS. What would be best to get the DH keys with? I don't want to have to switch over skills. I'd rather just leave it one template as I could use the character for spawns too.

And I'm too poor and don't have regular soulstones =)

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Using the first template Farsight posted but with 100 SS. What would be best to get the DH keys with? I don't want to have to switch over skills. I'd rather just leave it one template as I could use the character for spawns too.

And I'm too poor and don't have regular soulstones =)
I prefer Farsight's method but if you can only do spirit speak, it will be tough as far as key collecting for Dread Horn and Dread Horn itself. Without magic resistance the named changelings will be having a good time with you.

I would recommend an invisibility item + trapped box + apples and any other means to counter the named changelings. Just will be A LOT more difficult though in my opinion.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lynk, your template has 789 skills. Even with a mark, bracers, and jewelry, you're way over the 720 cap. What don't you have?

I don't use a mark, was just listing that as an option.

I use midnight bracers (+20 necro), ring (11 necro, 14 DCI, 7 dex, 20 EP), and brace (13 necro, 12 parry, 13 tactics, 11 DCI, 20 EP).

I play only factions on PvP so I always have plenty of points and silver. I use the faction arties: folded steel, heart of lion, storm grip, primer on arms, crimson. Faction bandies are kinda nice too for remove curses.

If you only have skill inc rings without DCI its easy to make the change of using the Kasa and Fey legs for DCI.

My template I use for everything PvM. Farming silver, Dreadhorn, Paroxomis, Doom.. I never have to soulstone something. To me, having to constantly soulstone something means its a weak build.

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To me, having to constantly soulstone something means its a weak build.
I'm not sure how you would constitute that as a weak build when a template that uses skill based jewelry is basically rooted in what skills it has and cannot change.

A better word in my book would be versatile. I'm not regulated by what jewelry I want to use and I can adjust based on any given situation. PvP and PvM is good since by PvP standards can simply wait a few minutes and then swap out skills. Surprise is pretty much the key. Not cookie cutter moves and templates.

That said, some people prefer jamming as much points as they can on a template. Others swap out based on the situation. All in your playstyle.

I personally see a lot more ingenuity with swap out templates as I can adjust weapons, I can adjust armor, I can adjust jewelry. Good for mobs I am fighting. Good against people I am fighting.

If however, I have jewelry to attain certain skills...I don't see how that is good if I have to take the jewelry or equipment away. And, fortunately or not, the only 2 constants I have seen in this game is the necro mage and the chiv warrior. Everything else has been altered in some way in terms of its effectiveness. Unless I am missing something of course.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Farsight said:
120 swords
120 parry
120 bushido
100 tactics
100 necro
60 chivalry

100 spirit speak for spawning (wraith form and wither to speed things up early on, maybe vamp form later with curse weapon for double leeching), Paroxy, DH, but not DH key collecting or Travesty (when they copy your necro/SS, it's really hard to kill changelings).
100 resist spells for Doom or high level necro-spell casting mobs. I kill myself more often with their blood oath (I have no stones to switch in resist) than anything else.
Why does Farsight (and echoed by others) recommend 100 anatomy when you don't have healing? Seems to me it makes far more sense to take tactics to 120 as it adds more damage per skill point than anatomy does (including the bonus at 100 Tactics). So instead of 100 Tactics and 100 Anatomy, why not 120 Tactics and 80 Anatomy? Thanks!

-OBSIDIAN-

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why does Farsight (and echoed by others) recommend 100 anatomy when you don't have healing? Seems to me it makes far more sense to take tactics to 120 as it adds more damage per skill point than anatomy does (including the bonus at 100 Tactics). So instead of 100 Tactics and 100 Anatomy, why not 120 Tactics and 80 Anatomy? Thanks!

-OBSIDIAN-
I'm not Farsight, but I can answer.

Anatomy is at 100, much the same reason as resist spells is 100, much the same reason spirit speak is 100. So that is like apples and oranges right? Well, they are all at 100 to add versatility to the build.

What I fight constitutes what skill I am going to use. Much in a similar fashion he has listed. My reasons are somewhat similar. Albeit, not exact.

Anatomy basically adds a free damage bonus of 55%. The benefits of it are that some mobs are just ******** to fight, so stacking as much damage as I can helps against them. Other enemies it is more important to have resist spells based on the annoyances that they have.

Why not having 120 tactics and 80 anatomy is that he wouldn't be swapping in a similar skill that would have that many skill points. No reason to for the sampire setup. At least not in the case in question. Versatility adds depth and is interesting since it adds more fighting tactics to the mix.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter

Anatomy is at 100, much the same reason as resist spells is 100, much the same reason spirit speak is 100. So that is like apples and oranges right? Well, they are all at 100 to add versatility to the build.

What I fight constitutes what skill I am going to use. Much in a similar fashion he has listed. My reasons are somewhat similar. Albeit, not exact.

Anatomy basically adds a free damage bonus of 55%. The benefits of it are that some mobs are just ******** to fight, so stacking as much damage as I can helps against them. Other enemies it is more important to have resist spells based on the annoyances that they have.

Why not having 120 tactics and 80 anatomy is that he wouldn't be swapping in a similar skill that would have that many skill points. No reason to for the sampire setup. At least not in the case in question. Versatility adds depth and is interesting since it adds more fighting tactics to the mix.
Thanks for the reply. That makes sense... then all of the "swapable" skills are at 100 for easy swapping. Personally, I have two chars that I use. One is morphing into the basic Sampire Connor mentioned with these changes: 120 Tactics, 80 Chiv, 60 Anatomy. I got very frustrated with my EOO failing. 80 seemed to be the right amount for me. I'm trying to pack in additional DI to adjust to having my anatomy DI bonus lower. I have an ABC archer with resist that I will use in doom. I may setup a third character to be a straight wammy, but not sure.

Thanks for clearing up the point on tactics vs anatomy for characters without healing!

-OBSIDIAN-

G

GFY

If you plan on rezzing with chiv on this template you should go higher then 80. Chiv noble sacrifice is a great way to rez a whole party at once if your in a jam.

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you plan on rezzing with chiv on this template you should go higher then 80. Chiv noble sacrifice is a great way to rez a whole party at once if your in a jam.
I thought this template was more for a player that would like a great, difficult challenge. Or a player that just does not have enough time to participate in guild activities and works a lot or something of that nature.

The template is pretty set in its ways as far as having more chivalry on the template. IF anything though, you could add +chivalry jewelry if that was a concern.

I have seen templates though for when people party in groups with said template, and they elect to incorporate healing into the template. Conversely then, the template ends up looking a lot different than the ones posted in this thread.

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I love using a guild mate's sampire as a tank against DH or Paroxy. That means that I can spend more time killing and less time cross healing.

But yeah, it's a more solo template.

And for times when a stranger needs a res or a guildmate who just happens to be hunting in the same area (happens a lot in Tokuno spawn or Doom), I always carried a luna lance and a +15 chiv ring with me to ressurect them if they die.

N

NickyDishes

Healing on sampire is far more effective imo.....and what new players that want to make sampires have soulstones lying around....also u have to remember most of us have a great number of arties and aquired items from destroying peerless and doom....u say married to items and equipment.... but id rather not have to switch out skills depending on what im fighting and just crush everything im fighting with the skills that i have already...Healing is better and i stand by it!

N

NickyDishes

sorry santacruz ur stats should be around 100 str, 150 dex, and the rest into int.

C

Connor_Graham

Besides the ability to swap skills around, there are 2 other reasons for having Anatomy at 100. 1st is for the 5% DI bonus for having the skill at GM, 2nd is the fact that you get exactly the same DI increase from adding 20 Tactics as you get from adding 20 Anatomy. It's 20% in either case, thus you go with 100 of each and get a 2 second bonus to Evasion for having both skills at GM.

As far as the debate between Lynk's template and my template, there really shouldn't be one. His is just as effective, and in some cases even moreso. He's ok with the fact that if he needs to change something in either the template or the suit that it's going to require a major overhaul, which is really the only reason I prefer not to use +skill items. If I want or need to make a change I prefer for it to be a simple one. Neither is right or wrong, but merely a preference of the player.

Raze(tmg)

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
any know what mods the suit should have meaning how much in :-
resists
hci
dci
lmc
si
hpi
mr
and any others?

whats the cap for mr and is it same for mages?

and finally what weapon should i use?

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Resists: 65/90/65/65/65 minimum.
HCI: Eh, don't worry about it tbh. Lightning strike adds 50 HCI.
DCI: 45 minimum.
LMC: Not really needed, I run with 0.
SI: Very nice to have, get as much as possible.
HPI: Go for it.
MR: Same as LMC.

Really all you need is the resists listed above, high dex (especially if you use healing), 45+ DCI, and the essential mods on your weapon.

Weapons should have
40 Stam
40 Mana
40 HLA
30 SSI
40 DI

Or drop DI and imbue life leech or DCI if you want.

Then after you get those, focus on SI, then HPI then whatever else you want.

Raze(tmg)

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
thxs for reply =)

whats the best weapons to have for a swords char ?
ive got soul seeker and a ornate, is there ny others?

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Radiant scimitar, rune blade, daisho. Ornate axes are too slow without an assassin suit IMO. But then again, I don't have a 5 SSI bracelet (I think it's a bracelet), or tons of stam increase. Doable but I like the 3 listed above most.

Radiant for a nice one-hander with whirlwind
Rune Blade for overall damage
Daisho for decent damage and speed + Feint special

Raze(tmg)

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
which rune blade is it?
looked through list on smithy and theres a few?
also do i want the same mods as before like hml,hll,hsl,ssi?

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just Rune Blade.

HML, HSL, HLA, SSI and DI, imbued, is your best bet. If you can get a crafted one with all of those + HLL or HLD or whatever, awesome.

C

Connor_Graham

which rune blade is it?
looked through list on smithy and theres a few?
also do i want the same mods as before like hml,hll,hsl,ssi?
Take HLL out of your head. It's worthless as a mod. As Ender said, HLA is what you want along with the HML and HSL.

Raze(tmg)

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hmmz okies
always thought you needed HLL to leech more health that was all

J

jcambrosia

120 swords
120 parry
120 bushido
100 tactics
100 necro
60 chivalry

but no need focus ? why ? pls

C

Connor_Graham

Focus is a useless skill. Mana is obtained by having mana leech on all weapons. Same goes for stamina.

S

SntaCruz83

If elf, 110 Str, 150 Dex (125 base), 20 Int. If human, drop Str by 10.
Awww crap. Okay...is elf preferred for a Sampire? Also...not specific to the topic...what's the best way to raise/drop stats nowadays? Will I still need to seesaw some skills?

C

Connor_Graham

If the char is PvM only, then yes, Elf is the way to go since it allows you to put 20 more stat points into another stat due to the 20 bonus to mana.

Yes, seesaw-ing is the way to go to adjust stats. Just make sure the skill that affects the stat you want to raise is pointed up to raise itself.

D

DARTH_VADER

I just read this thread and want to say that i use lynks template as well only i currently have 830 skill point totals and its exactly like lynk says it is, no problem doing doom or any peerless, actually i had the old template and recently upgraded to this one lynk has and i finally can solo doom all day without any big problems, whirlwind is a lifesaver too tho lol.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Take HLL out of your head. It's worthless as a mod. As Ender said, HLA is what you want along with the HML and HSL.
I agree and disagree at the same time!

I think HLA is more useful than HLL, but HLL is far from useless.

For my imbued Daishos I use non-exceptional rune blades and use the Dmg Inc mod slot for HLL.

It comes out to be 25 ssi, 44 hla, 44 hsl, 44 hml, and like 30 something life leech.

C

Connor_Graham

Have you ever paid attention to how much life you actually leech though?

S

Stupid Miner

If the char is PvM only, then yes, Elf is the way to go since it allows you to put 20 more stat points into another stat due to the 20 bonus to mana.

Yes, seesaw-ing is the way to go to adjust stats. Just make sure the skill that affects the stat you want to raise is pointed up to raise itself.
Human is more useful than an elf for those who are willing to think of creative ways how to make the most out of that 20 JoaT skill.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I just read this thread and want to say that i use lynks template as well only i currently have 830 skill point totals and its exactly like lynk says it is, no problem doing doom or any peerless, actually i had the old template and recently upgraded to this one lynk has and i finally can solo doom all day without any big problems, whirlwind is a lifesaver too tho lol.
830? Jesus, what'd you give up?

A

anvira

Im just curious what would be the best best weapon for a sampire. Obviously you want something with the highest possible speed right??

S

Stupid Miner

Human is more useful than an elf for those who are willing to think of creative ways how to make the most out of that 20 JoaT skill.
Cooking fishsteaks while you solo peerless?
Ok, ok, creative and *useful* ways.
There's actually an immense advantage that pretty much no one knows about. Anyway, I'll let people figure it out on their own if they can. :)