• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Fencing] Sampire (Latest Build)

Valkyrie

Visitor
I've been creating a build based on no necromancy for sampire which gives opportunities to open space for other skills.
My sampire build in the present is:
120 Swordsmanship
120 Bushido
120 Chivalry
100 Tactics
100 Spell Resisting
100 Necromancy
60 Parry

however i would like to create a sampire with:
120 Fencing (leafblade for feint and AI, one-handed so i can chug down pots)
120 Bushido
120 Chivalry
100 Spell Resistance
90 Anatomy
90 Tactics
80 Healing +10 on enchanted bandages

would need some help with armour stats and skills.
if this build becomes successful we should create a name for it (e.g Valkyrie's Sampiriden) or something :D
Follow this link for the full conversation: http://stratics.com/conversations/sampire-build.174223/
This Link Is For The Gatherer/Imbuer Conversation: http://stratics.com/conversations/imbuer-and-gatherer-build.174226/

Last edited:

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know a few people who use healing instead of necro. I don't think its anything new to be honest.

Valkyrie

Visitor
I know a few people who use healing instead of necro. I don't think its anything new to be honest.
Yes, but that's why i am here. I am looking for some armour stats and maybe some people can share ideas on their build so i can create mine, TBH i just created this template out of no where and i am going to study this deeply so i can find exactly the stats and maybe improve on something. However thanks.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Same stats and setup as normal sampire (but you don't need the extra fire resist).

45 HCI
45 DCI
100 damage increase
etc.

Valkyrie

Visitor
Same stats and setup as normal sampire (but you don't need the extra fire resist).

45 HCI
45 DCI
100 damage increase
etc.
I heard somewhere that you only need 20-30 DCI as it will just decrease your chance to to get hit which will make parry/bushido not stop the hit which makes you counter strike. yo and not more than 30% making it a less chance to make bushido/parry to stop the attack. You can read this by googling 'Sampire Bible'.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
120 Bushido
120 Chivalry
100 Spell Resistance
90 Anatomy
90 Tactics
1. Low base damage
2. No good DS weapon
3. Not enough healing against a hard monsters
4. Not enough mana for specials moves

Valkyrie

Visitor
1. Low base damage
2. No good DS weapon
3. Not enough healing against a hard monsters
4. Not enough mana for specials moves
How does low base damage effect anything?
What does DS stand for?
i could reforge a weapon to get 100 HLL getting health and also use feint to cut damage in half whilst healing
again, i could add HML on weapon to get mana for every hit

Valkyrie

Visitor
Okay, what about this template?
120 Fencing
120 Bushido
120 Chivalry
100 Anatomy
100 Tactics
100 Spell Resisting
60 Parrying
I changed my mind because confidence wouldn't replenish my stamina and health because i can't parry and also evasion would need at least 100 anatomy and tactics for 2 seconds gain

Last edited:

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
How does low base damage effect anything?
With low base damage you do less damage per hit and need more hp/mana leaching. Also with less damage it takes more time to kill something.
75% HLL/HML on a Bladed Staff works like 90% HLL/HML on a Leafblade and 81% on a Double Axe works better then unreachable 100% on a Leafblade.

What does DS stand for?
Double Swing.
Against monsters with 50- resists DS does more damage than AI. With level III Sword Mastery Onslaught reduce -20 from target's resist. This makes DS preferable in most situations. (There are other ways to decrease monster's resist even more).

i could reforge a weapon to get 100 HLL getting health and also use feint to cut damage in half whilst healing
You need to reforge 96 HML on your Leafblade to be able to chain AI. So you may have only 68% HLL. It's not enough to survive (taking in account low base damage).
And to use Feint you need even more mana leach because hit with Feint does much less damage than hit with AI against tough monsters. Usually you are not able to keep Feint on and chain AI at the same time.

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Play the way you want. Don't worry about mini/maxer players.

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
I've been creating a build based on no necromancy for sampire which gives opportunities to open space for other skills.
My sampire build in the present is:
120 Swordsmanship
120 Bushido
120 Chivalry
100 Tactics
100 Spell Resisting
100 Necromancy
60 Parry

120 Bushido
120 Chivalry
100 Spell Resistance
90 Anatomy
90 Tactics

would need some help with armour stats and skills.
if this build becomes successful we should create a name for it (e.g Valkyrie's Sampiriden) or something :D
Follow this link for the full conversation: http://stratics.com/conversations/sampire-build.174223/
This Link Is For The Gatherer/Imbuer Conversation: http://stratics.com/conversations/imbuer-and-gatherer-build.174226/
I think you may have missed the point on what a sampire actually is. It is a Samurai vampire. The vampire part comes from having Necro. Therefore a sampire without Necro is not a sampire.

What you have created is a dexxer with Bushido. There's nothing this or pretty much any dexxer can't do. Especially if you're combining Feint with bandages.

Fencing + Healing are not imo a good combination, because Healing needs 140 Dex, and the main point of Fencing is it's weapons are faster and need less Dex/Stam.

If you want to play something that isn't relying on leeching to survive then a Ninja build would probably be a better choice.

Valkyrie

Visitor
Right, after hearing some advice I came to the conclusion to create a sampire with:
120 Swordsmanship
120 Bushido
120 Chivalry
100 Necromancy
90 Spell Resisting
110 Tactics
60 Parry

First of all I need help on the choice of weapons and the stats on it. Is 120 Bushido vital or can I just get away with 110 Bushido to maximise my tactics?
Necromancy to cast vampiric embrace (seems a waste to only cast one skill :( )
Again, can I get away with 90 SR in the lick spawn or against casters?
And parry has to maintain 60 as Swords, Bushido and Parry = 300 so I get a bonus on decreasing 10 mana per special.

maji111

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
The basic synergy between the skills requires 120 swords, 120 bushido and 60 parry to benefit from the special move mana cost reduction, which is essential.

For obvious reasons, 100 necro is a pre-requisite and the bare minimum tactics you require is 110. Any lower and it starts to impact your survivability and is generally inconvenient.

Which means you have a decision to make on the following:

Resisting Spells - At 100, you no longer get para'd or mana vamped to 0 by spawn mobs, as your resist is higher than their evalint. Dropping it lower than 100 will make you susceptible to para/vamp and will also have an effect on stat loss from feeble/clumsy/weaken.
Chivalry - What are you going to be using your Sampire for? If it's peerless with no slayer type than 115-120 chivalry is the desired number. If you are predominantly looking to do champion spawns and/or mob types with slayer vulnerabilities, then you can take it down to 90, so that Consecrate Weapon is 100% procrate and EoO never fizzles.

Consequently:

120 swords
120 bushido
60 parry
100 necromancy
100 magic resist
120 tactics
100 chivalry

Most people would consider this imperfect as they heavily value 120 chiv. My personal opinion would be to take 20 skill in a suit and cap off the chivalry. If you compare the benefits of 20 extra chiv, or dropping 20 magic resist or 10/10 magic resist/tact, it's simply not worth it because 20 skill in a suit is extremely easy to obtain. The main reason this template is quite nice to run, is that if you do fancy doing anything 'quirky' with your sampire; necromancy and/or magic resist can be soulstoned off for anatomy and lumberjacking. These are minimum values required as both anatomy and lumberjacking gain extra bonuses once hitting 100.

Valkyrie

Visitor
Nice build, but what bonuses does lumberjacking and anatomy both make? and is it worth it to take off spell resisting and necromancy as they are very reliable to maintain most battle. adding 20 skill points can drastically affect your armor as you need to have the exact stats on jewels.

i would make my build:
120 Swords
120 Bushido
120 Chivalry
110 Tactics
90 Spell Resisting
100 Necromancy
60 Parry

if you said i need a minimum of 110 tactics then i will keep it as i don't think i would need more as i do fine with my current sampire (100 + 10)
also i heard some people say that 85 SR is good enough, and if i find legendary pieces to get up to 190 stamina it won't be a problem to get decreased beneath 180

Still waiting for some advice on weapon stats and weapon choice.
some advice on talismans is needed as well as i don't need the +10 tactics talisman anymore.

Barbarian

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Advice on weapon stats and weapon choice is provided in detail in the Sampire Bible thread that you provided a link to.

Edit - In fact, if you read the 25 page thread it will answer pretty much all questions on this topic. Even the first post forms a comprehensive guide.

Also look for Duncan Drake's dragoon post on this forum, which you may find useful.

The Sampire has been around in various forms since Samurai Empire was released, there are numerous posts about it on this forum with lots of great info that should help you

maji111

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Nice build, but what bonuses does lumberjacking and anatomy both make? and is it worth it to take off spell resisting and necromancy as they are very reliable to maintain most battle. adding 20 skill points can drastically affect your armor as you need to have the exact stats on jewels.

i would make my build:
120 Swords
120 Bushido
120 Chivalry
110 Tactics
90 Spell Resisting
100 Necromancy
60 Parry

if you said i need a minimum of 110 tactics then i will keep it as i don't think i would need more as i do fine with my current sampire (100 + 10)
also i heard some people say that 85 SR is good enough, and if i find legendary pieces to get up to 190 stamina it won't be a problem to get decreased beneath 180

Still waiting for some advice on weapon stats and weapon choice.
some advice on talismans is needed as well as i don't need the +10 tactics talisman anymore.
Anatomy gains 10% every 10 skill points up to 100, after that it only gains 5%. Having anatomy at 100 or higher in combination with bushido and tactics, increases the duration of evasion by 2 seconds.
Lumberjacking gains an extra 10% damage from hitting 100; it also has a 10% chance to proc a 100% base damage weapon increase.

Both are mainly used for situations where you either don't require magic resist or necromancy at all. Paroxysmus is an example.

Magic resist is a skill that compares directly to your oponents evaluating intelligence, so in some situations, it is acceptable to run 85, on other occassions you can use 0, but others, you will greatly benefit from having 100. The main consideration for magic resist is your swing speed. If you run less than 100 magic resist, you will be clumsy'd for 10% or more, meaning that you will need more than 190 stamina in your suit, which isn't feasible without compromise. Casting dispel on yourself and running apples isn't as reliable as having the passive skill.

Talisman wise you are looking at the 800m-1b for cameos. Of the other options, Soldier's Medal is probably the best readily available one. There isn't really a massive talisman upgrade until you get to the point where you can and want to afford cameos.

With regards to weapons, they depend predominantly upon your suit. From what I've seen, a lot of people aim for 100% DI suits, so that they can remove DI from weapon and have an extra mod on there. Standard weapons would look like this:

Double Axe (Spawn Levels 3+) - Damage Increase, Super Slayer, HML, HSL, HLL.
Bladed Staff - Damage Increase Super Slayer, HML, HSL, HLL.
Double Axe (Lower Spawn Levels) - Damage Increase, Hit Area, HML, HSL, HLL.
Double Axe (Corrosion Immune) - Damage Increase, Spell Channelling, FC, Hit Area, HML.
Bladed Staff (High Defense Enemies) - Damage Increase, HLD, HML, HSL, HLL.
Double Axe (100% Fire, Paroxy) - Damage Increase, HLA, HML, HSL, HLL.

Double axes are simply the best sampire weapon in game because of the combination of whirlwind and double strike. Bladed staves are the best AI weapon available as they are a good speed/damage compromise. With regards to making your sampire experience more consistent and less affected by RNG, having 100% life leech bladed staves was the most significant upgrade I ever made. Personally, the only double axes I reforge are the area ones, for 70% area.

The advantage of being able to remove DI from weapons, is that you can add HLD to slayer staves and add slayer onto hit area weapons for very quick clear times. Personally, even though the damage bonus of Slayer/Area weapons is quite large, I've yet to be convinced into going so far. Also, having HLD on weapon isn't necessary unless you are planning on taking on bosses with extremely high wrestle, which, usually isn't the case.

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
With regards to weapons, they depend predominantly upon your suit. From what I've seen, a lot of people aim for 100% DI suits, so that they can remove DI from weapon and have an extra mod on there.
I mainly see people replace SSI rather than DI and given how tedious Shame crystals are I can see why. But otherwise agree with everything you said.

Valkyrie

Visitor
Right, so i will lower tactics by 10 to add spell resisting to 100 and i will use the talisman to add tactics by 10 so i have minimum tactics.
however i would like to know how will it be possible to chug potions without too much trouble if i have a 2 handed weapon?

maji111

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
This is really a playstyle question and as such is completely down to your personal preference. If you choose to run 1 handed AI weapons such as broadswords and longswords, which allow you to pot freely whilst only losing 2% parry chance from using a 2 handed weapon then you will lose 100 imbue intensity and the average weapon dps is lower in comparison:

Broadsword - 13 - 17 damage - 3.25s (4.62dps)
Longsword - 14 - 18 damage - 3.5s (4.57dps)
Bladed Staff - 14 - 17 damage - 3s (5.17dps)

The affect on the imbue is as such:

Bladed Staff (587/600 imbue points):
Damage Increase 50
Hit Mana Leech 100%
Hit Life Leech 75%
Hit Stamina Leech 50%
Super Slayer

Longsword (498/500 imbue points):
Damage Increase 50
Hit Mana Leech 73%
Hit Life Leech 73%
Hit Stamina Leech 42%
Super Slayer

My personal opinion is that you give up far too much using 1 handed weapons for me to ever be persuaded into doing so. Having 100% mana leech, whilst maintaining high life leech and stamina leech makes encounters far safer than being able to pot. The extra consistency you gain from having 100% mana leech is extremely beneficial. Compare this to the extra Str and Dex you gain from potting and it dwarves them completely.

There are situations where you will want to repot on a sampire or have the ability to freely pot. For this, simply make a specific weapon or disarm and repot where applicable. On the whole however, potting isn't a necessity and gearing towards it seems counter-productive.

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
You can also Imbue Balanced on two handed weapons. For some encounters where you don't really need any mods other than leeches it's viable. Or you could even make it the weapon you swap to so you keep the same defense.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
The last 'Paladin Warrior' I had which used healing instead of necro was capable of holding his own in groups and fighting individual mobs like the final boss, but not soloing champ spawns. Healing works too slow. And if you are going to have healing on there, I'd suggest going 100/110 so that you can have close to max healing when using the enhanced bandies and having Anatomy being high on their as well. If you're not constantly leaching life back via vamp form, I also feel the need to have high Parry (atleast 100) and high Resisting Spells, which is especially handy for fighting casters. Even with 120 Chiv and being able to cast remove curse, having high enough resist will cut back on having to do that as often.

Let us know what you end up with and how it works out.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Healing works too slow. But with HLL it's enough. Most of time even just HLL without Healing is enough. I have no any problem to do spawn without Necro and Healing:
120 Sword
120 Tactics
120 Anatomy
120 Bushido
95 Chivalry (80 would be OK as well but there is +15 Chivalry on my ring)
60 Parry
100 Resisting Spells

Valkyrie

Visitor
Well Merlin you could look into Corwin's build whilst having in mind that Bushido spells are really good but you don't know it. Instead of having full DCI (45%) you should have it at 20% which counters divine fury (-20%) and if you have counter attack up 24/7 whilst fighting it will strike without interrupting swing time and even straight away. This will also open up some other mods on armour. And counter attack is one of your last defences and so parry and DCI should get lowered so you can get more damage on boss. I think it can also trigger any of your 2 specials but I can't remember. Check out the sampire guide.
Also I think adding 40 parry is a waste as well you only need 60 to get -10 mana for each special and because of the above text so with the help of Corwin's build I came up with:
120 Swords
120 Bushido
110 Tactics
100 Chivalry
110 Anatomy
100 Healing
60 Parry

Not only this but on a different occasion you could swap anatomy and healing for necromancy and SR.
The only trouble I find is to find out what to do with the 10 on 110 anatomy.
Also like me because it gives me the feeling of gratitude :p

Valkyrie

Visitor
Oh okay, another question. Is 110 tactics really vital? Won't 100 tactics do as I might want to change to a slither or a better talisman? The talisman is used by some sampires and it's not bad so I might keep it only if 110 tactics is really needed

maji111

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Well Merlin you could look into Corwin's build whilst having in mind that Bushido spells are really good but you don't know it. Instead of having full DCI (45%) you should have it at 20% which counters divine fury (-20%) and if you have counter attack up 24/7 whilst fighting it will strike without interrupting swing time and even straight away. This will also open up some other mods on armour. And counter attack is one of your last defences and so parry and DCI should get lowered so you can get more damage on boss. I think it can also trigger any of your 2 specials but I can't remember. Check out the sampire guide.
Also I think adding 40 parry is a waste as well you only need 60 to get -10 mana for each special and because of the above text so with the help of Corwin's build I came up with:
120 Swords
120 Bushido
110 Tactics
100 Chivalry
110 Anatomy
100 Healing
60 Parry

Not only this but on a different occasion you could swap anatomy and healing for necromancy and SR.
The only trouble I find is to find out what to do with the 10 on 110 anatomy.
Also like me because it gives me the feeling of gratitude :p
The problem with the Counter Attack/DCI argument is that you can't keep CA up 24/7. After it resets the swing cooldown, you are unable to put CA back up in time for the next swing, which means you have to wait a round to reactivate it. Also, if you wish to use CA productively, 22% parry chance is too low to give you the defence and damage returns required to kill higher level bosses productively. Furthermore, there are several encounters that limit the use of CA severely. If you aren't running 110-120 magic resist, then Semidar will mana vamp you to the point where CA/AI can't be used and due to your template/suit, you don't have the required DCI to stay alive well. Another example is Rikktor; he will happily breath pump 40-60 damage melee swings into you and take with that 40 stamina per time regardless of whether you choose studded or platemail. The result of this is that you have to cancel your CA/AI to heal yourself and continuing to try and make CA productive in this fight will eventually run you OOM and cost you significant time loss and more importantly, it'll annoy you.

The TLDR is that the Sampire Bible is very old and as such, has parts which are outdated. Take this from someone who ran 10DCI suits for about a year and has switched to running 40DCI, your defences are greater, your kills are quicker and more efficient, the gameplay is smoother and it's far, far easier to suit around DCI than it is a CA suit.

maji111

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Oh okay, another question. Is 110 tactics really vital? Won't 100 tactics do as I might want to change to a slither or a better talisman? The talisman is used by some sampires and it's not bad so I might keep it only if 110 tactics is really needed
The only thing that is vital is that you do enough damage to heal yourself in order to survive. It is possible to do several spawns without Necro, Healing or even Magic Resist. However, when it comes to the encounters that are going to hit harder such as Rikktor, or immobile you as in Mephitis, you are going to have a lot less of a stressful time by having a template closer to the standard sampire. Running around in a no-necro template isn't something that most people do; on occasion, you'll stone off necro and resist where it isn't needed. For example, running around Neira with 100 LJ in place of Necro and 120 anatomy instead of Resist in my suit, is pretty funny when you 1shot Lich Lords with whirlwind and do 300 damage swings to Neira, with no slayer vulnerability, but, turning up to do a Rikktor with a no-Necro template, would be annoying at best. HLL is great, but, on champions like Rikktor, Dragon Turtle, Mephitis, it isn't enough to keep you from collecting death robes on it's own. My advice would be to build a template and suit for general purpose, that allows you to substitute gear/skills out to do the whacky fun stuff/

You posted a potential build in a comment above that contained 100 healing. There are many reasons why healing should have no part in a 'sampire' type build. Each time you take 26 damage or greater, the result of the heal with be reduced by 35%. You take 26 damage from champion spawn bosses, every swing. There are also several encounters where you usually spend most of your time poisoned, and gladly ignoring it due to VE, Neira being a prime example; having healing on these encounters will just be burning bandages to become repoisoned. The sum benefit of healing should everything go to plan, would be a 38-61 heal after 6 seconds. You usually AI a slayer vulnerable champion for 160 every 1.25 seconds, meaning you'd be healing yourself for 154 damage within the same time frame, by simply using a passive spell.

To answer the original question, 100 tactics would be fine if you ran anatomy all the time, but, you don't tend to do so. My suit and template are drafted so that I have the following:

120 swords
120 bushido
120 tactics (+10 in suit)
120 chivalry (+30 in suit)
120 magic resist
100 necro
60 parry

It's been a very long time since I ran 110 tactics. I'm sure you could survive with 100, but, I can't imagine the experience to be very pleasant running it.

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
its unbelievable how my sampire can do just about anything in game, solo. I do have to admit, I'm too powerful compared to any other fighting type char. Ive always wondered how/why chiv and necro can go together too lol. good/bad karma, chiv/necro doesn't seem to have much of a neg effect using the 2 together, so I do it.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
After it resets the swing cooldown, you are unable to put CA back up in time for the next swing, which means you have to wait a round to reactivate it.
Add here that to get CA does increase your damage (not only in theory) you must set on AI/DS after CA triggered but before your next regular swing and set on both CA and AI/DS before your another regular swing. If don't fast enough to press keys (and sometime you just have no time to react due to ping delay) CA in practice reduce your overall damage per time.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Rikktor, Dragon Turtle, Mephitis
I have solo'ed all of them with a template above... but sometimes I made to ran away to heal. DS makes leaching by HLL more smooth. Also DS does more damage... especially with Onslaught. (But against Mephitis I used a Bladed Staff with Hit Fatigue.)

maji111

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
With regards to CA, you are 100% correct. I ping between 20 and 30 on my server and I've never been able to consistently keep CA proccing successively. I'm not sure what anyone elses experience of CA is; I'd be quite interested to know.

In relation to the DS/HLL combo, again, I completely agree that it makes leeching more reliable and on the encounters you can use it reliably, it's a nice step away from reforging 100% HML or HLL weapons. Dragon Turtle is more effective with a cold double axe with hit mana drain, so that it can't spam disarm/dismount into you, but, I'll be honest, I don't think I've gone to the extent of tackling either Meph or Rikky with a double axe. I'm glad to see that works!

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
I don't think I've gone to the extent of tackling either Meph or Rikky with a double axe.
As I have said in the previous post I used AI against Meph (a Bladed Staff with Hit Fatigue). Against Rikky you can use DS + Onslaught.

Mayhem

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is 120 chiv really worth it if you are using the 100% elemental weapons with proper slayer. With Navery I use a 100% fire Arachnid slayer double axe, I see no damage difference using EOO with 100 chiv.

....the only champ spawn boss I struggle with using a double axe is Meph...Have to run from the rumble/quake of Ricky but the 100% cold Dragon slayer takes him out quick. Once I got my suit tuned so I can now chain double strike and onslaught....well, its almost not fair. A very powerful toon.

My template:

120 Swords
120 Bush
120 Tactics
100 Anatomy
100 Necro
100 Chiv
60 Parry

I keep CA up as best I can, it doesn't go off often. but it has saved me while webbed on more than one occasion.

maji111

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Is 120 chiv really worth it if you are using the 100% elemental weapons with proper slayer. With Navery I use a 100% fire Arachnid slayer double axe, I see no damage difference using EOO with 100 chiv.

....the only champ spawn boss I struggle with using a double axe is Meph...Have to run from the rumble/quake of Ricky but the 100% cold Dragon slayer takes him out quick. Once I got my suit tuned so I can now chain double strike and onslaught....well, its almost not fair. A very powerful toon.

My template:

120 Swords
120 Bush
120 Tactics
100 Anatomy
100 Necro
100 Chiv
60 Parry

I keep CA up as best I can, it doesn't go off often. but it has saved me while webbed on more than one occasion.
If you run lesser slayers such as Dragon Slayer you instantly hit the cap of 300% damage bonus. If you run super slayers you're at 200/300%. Max perfection gives you 100%, so you can hit the damage multiplier cap without even having EoO up.

120 chiv gives you the benefit of being able to combat non slayer vulnerable bosses better, such as Neira, Dragon Turtle, Paroxysmus and Dread Horn better.

Valkyrie

Visitor
hmm.. okay so 2 more questions have pooped up on my mind, wouldn't adding skill increase make your suit turn badly, you wouldn't have good mods on jewels anymore which would stain your sampire i.e. i could make a template with:
120 Swords
120 Bushido
120 Chivalry
100 Tactics (adding 20 tactics somewhere would give you the option to change talisman, or +5 on both jewels if you wouldn't change talisman)
100 Spell Resisting
100 Necromancy
60 Parry

this build will probably be the best option if it worked.

next question is that what about the skill mastery book, which skill is the best and will it be good enough to change anything from the template?
or even mods on armor?
someone please share your sampire suits aswell.

maji111

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
My suit is by no means optimised. I made it out of previously crafted parts that never got used because my suit needed updating and it's a stop-gap until I either find myself with cameos or create a 100DI suit and farm whetstones for new weapons. The +15 chivalry on each jewel could be replaced with stats/HCI if you wished to do so and the suit uses a mix of armor types; 3 pieces of studded, 1 woodland and a set of plate legs (for the sum total of 50LMC). It runs 15% ssi to maintain 20% with town bonus and because I don't personally need any more. If you look at the resist totals at the end, you can see that this suit is corpse proofed. Again, just preference.

With regards to mastery selection, it's dependant upon playstyle. If you want to abuse elemental weapons and spam double strike/onslaught where possible, clearly swords is the strongest. If you aren't benefitting from swords, then bushido gives you a passive 15 int from the intuition passive and buffs confidence slightly.

Attachments

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
This is how you build a sampire:
Pick a weapon skill and take it to 120 (so you can hit stuff), add Tactics of 90 or more (for special moves and damage), add 99 Necromancy (to stay in Vamp Form), add Bushido (for more damage). Everything else is optional.

My advice, and the last I'll give in this thread, is to stop changing what you wanted to do without having actually done it based on what other people are doing. You learn the game by playing the game and adapting when necessary. Changing it before you've even started is a waste of everybody's time and effort. No one else's suit is going to be right for your needs because their template may be different, given how many variations of sampires are possible, it probably is. Their finances and access to soulstones is probably also different. As will be their game experience playing the template.

When you've played something, if it then is having an issue, then come back and ask questions about how to fix it. Rather than just 'build it for me'.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
I used AI against Meph (a Bladed Staff with Hit Fatigue).
Exact the weapon stats are:
Slayer, HML 75%, Hit Fatigue 50%, HLA 50%, DI 50%.
I don't have VE and I don't have HLL on the weapon. But with HFat and HLA it hits me so rare that Confidence is enough to heal myself without need to run away. I don't use stone boots too but its very rare hit me even once during "I'm webbed" period.

Finley Grant

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
iam using the following built:

120 Swords
120 Tac
120 Chiv
120 Bush
60 Parry
100 necro
110 Resist / Anatomy (depends what iam fighting)

fully potted: (i use the pots only for the hard ones anyway)
150 hp
185 stam
115 mana

i am redoing my weapons right now as i will use cameos from now on.
what i saw is that slayer on wepp+cameo gives an extra bunch of damage.

goal is to remove DI completely from my weapons, which means i have full 5 mods as i dont need SSI also on em.