Sampire in Luck- the plate version

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 21, 2008
By request, and because I needed to make one as well, here is my Sampire in luck, the plate version.

Thanks to my previous armor productions and my pack rat style of saving everything I thought was good, it made this quite a bit quicker. Because gold only has 1 resist in physical and I am not starting out with M&S / Glad Collar, physical resist is now an issue.

In planning for the future, I think corpse proof is important as well, to a point, because if they implement this loot structure in the other anti-virtue dungeons, it will be needed.

After looking at the 'ultimate' luck suit, I decided that the only armor piece of luck I'd be using would be 300 Luck mempo. It has decent resist (60) and MR1. This suit would be easier to make if I were to go with all the pieces imbued- but that would cost me 160 luck.

Also, I am trying to convince my wife to use a shield. I got a shield from shame:
Bronze Shield of Fortune
Cursed
Luck 110
Cold Resist 1%

Enhance that with Gold and you have
Luck 150
Resist 1/1/3/0/2

While the resist aren't great, it does help, and an additional 150 luck...plus the shield can be imbued. Can toss 15 DCI and I am sure something else would come to mind.

The negative being that parry essentially becomes useless. Of course you can always wait to equip the shield until right before the creature dies.

Starting with:
Corgul's Enchanted Sash
Conjurer's Trinket
Crimson Cincture
Ranger's Cloak of Augmentation
Soles of Providence
Conjurer's Garb
Leurocian's Mempo of Fortune

Crafted Pieces:
Plate Arms: 8/4/5/11/7
Female Plate: 12/4/3/5/11
Platemail Legs: 6/4/6/9/10
Platemail Gloves: 15/3/7/5/5
Royal Circlet: 9/5/6/3/12 (Circlet can be imbued to 20 fire)

Assuming imbuing fire to 18 (20 for Circlet) the resist are:
70/107/47/43/70

Seeing that fire has a base resist of 3 in plate/5 on the circlet, I am only losing 3 points of resist to imbuing fire, which is pretty nice.

Leaving 23 cold and 27 poison (42 for corpse proof against poison). It would be better if the Arms had 10 cold and 6 poison, so that 1 max imbue would handle cold. And that would mean poison would need 32, so 2 max imbues and earrings, for 70. It would save me 1 imbue slot, which is huge, don't get me wrong, and I may go back and remake that piece later.

Head-
Imbue Fire, Poison, LMC, SI, Luck (5)
Arms-
Imbue Fire, Cold, LMC, SI, Luck (5)
Hands-
Imbue Fire, Poison, HPI, SI, Luck (5)
Chest-
Imbue Fire, Cold, HPI , SI, Luck (5)
Legs-
Imbue Fire, MI, LMC, HPI, Luck (5)
Ring-
Imbue INT, LMC, HCI, DI, Luck
Bracelet-
Imbue LMC ,HCI, DCI, DI, Luck

As the suit looks right now in my spread sheet (and I haven't done the exact weights, so the numbers might be off a point or 2):
Resist:
70/107/73/71/70
dex +5
str +1
MI 16
MR 3
LMC 40
HPI 25
HPR 4
HCI 40
DCI 25
SI 33
DI 60
SSI 5
Luck 1560 (1710 with shield)

Losing HLD is going to suck. Not really any room for it on the weapon. Unless I do something like make a whetstone and use that to imbue exceptional weapons, removing the damage increase on the weapon. 30-40 DI < ?? HLD?

I am not ready to imbue just yet, as I want to make sure I get the balance right.

Thoughts/comments?

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 21, 2008
Going to take a slight break, look back over my work and then start imbuing.

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 21, 2008
Might have the ring use EP. But not sure what it would replace.

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 21, 2008
Yes, I realize not everything is going to fit max like I have listed.... this is still in the planning stages.

aarons6

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oct 14, 2007
Pacific
you cant use a shield if you have bushido, it drops your parry chance down to only 5%

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 21, 2008
you cant use a shield if you have bushido, it drops your parry chance down to only 5%
The negative being that parry essentially becomes useless. Of course you can always wait to equip the shield until right before the creature dies.
Yes, I realize this. But, it's about the trade off. And there are plenty of people who run sampires without parry.

And you CAN use a shield, but it makes parry, like I said, essentially useless.

I've decided to sleep on it before I imbue it. Looking at it, it might be worth it to remake that one piece to free up 1 imbue slot.

Shelleybean

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jan 30, 2003
Houston, TX
Thank you for this post!!!!!! I love your spreadsheet too by the way. :heart: I never knew how to do one for suits and now I have a great template to use. I have not created my suit yet, but I am debating on whether that orc helm replica could be used. It has 100 luck and 30 hci, but the resist spread is strange and is low on fire. Also, one of my sampires has healing instead of parry and uses shields and I found a great 110 luck shield with no negatives that I can use! Thanks again for your post!

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 21, 2008
Thanks! I do a different one each time I make a suit,,, you'll notice Hit Point Regen is listed twice... ops... and I just noticed that I have the mods for Gold listed under neck... not going to work since I am using the luck mempo...

I am thinking about copying my crafter over to test, put the suit together and see how it looks.

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 21, 2008
For a sampire... that low fire would be quite a bit to make up. Although, in terms of intensity the 30 HCI is like 260% (130% per ring) where fire resist is only 200% (100% per ring) so, you might be better off going in that direction.

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 21, 2008
I thought it was essential to have hci/dci at max of 45/45?
IMO, the basic idea of a sampire is to maximize damage out put while minimizing taken.

That is one of the reasons why I have kept parry at 120 on both my sampires and 120 on my wife's. Granted, it works like 13.6% of the time (120 attack/defense skill w/45 DCI means you are hit 34% of the time, 40% of 34 is 13.6.Meaning that of the 34 times you are hit when it gets through your DCI, 13 or 14 of those are going to be parried).

That being said....

If you are running 120 parry (or even 100), you might not want 45 DCI, IF and this is a big IF, you keep up counter attack.

Also, some numbers-
If your combat skill is 120, with 45 HCI, and your opponent is 120, your chance to hit is 72%. If your HCI is 40, it's 70%.
Same combat skills, going against a creature, and your DCI is 45, they have a 34% chance to hit you. At 25 DCI, it is 40.

While, it is good to maximize everything you can.... there are times where you have to realize that you can get by with something close.

Also, 40% of those additional attacks that will hit you, will be parried (or 35% if using a 1 handed weapon). That is also something else to keep in mind.

In terms of this armor... That is another consideration in running a shield. Granted, the parry goes down to like 5%, BUT, 15 DCI can be imbued on the shield, taking the suit to 40 DCI (or 45, if changes to the jewels are made). And really, with a shield like this one... you really don't want the durability damage that parrying brings.

Shelleybean

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jan 30, 2003
Houston, TX
Hmm that's a good idea. I also thought about trying to incorporate stormgrips or heart of the lion. Have you considered and then dismissed those pieces? Thanks again.

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 21, 2008
Storm Grips I considered, then dismissed. I didn't consider the Heart of the Lion, because the armor was for my wife and she wanted the suit in female plate.

E

elspeth

You could always use the Violet Courage but its only 95 luck isn't it? I would think you can make better with better resists. Sad that arties like this are so underwhelming.

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 21, 2008
You could always use the Violet Courage but its only 95 luck isn't it? I would think you can make better with better resists. Sad that arties like this are so underwhelming.
That's so true, it would be nice to see then revamp them, but there are plenty of other parts of the game i'd rather see it first.

Shelleybean

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jan 30, 2003
Houston, TX
But the nice resists, luck and 15 dci are still pretty nice. I'm honestly considering it....

E

elspeth

But the nice resists, luck and 15 dci are still pretty nice. I'm honestly considering it....
I think you can imbue better resists and luck but you're right, the dci can be quite tempting. I actually currently have a violet courage on but I think I'm gonna let it go especially since I'm not looking for luck. I've got bane leggings instead for more dci and those have pretty nice resists.

Gorbs

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nov 5, 2009
NuSair - thanks for going to the trouble of writing up your approach here. It's an interesting concept and one I've considered trying. I'm not willing to give up the mace & shield though and don't have a 300 luck mempo, so my suit wouldn't match up to yours in the end. I'm wondering when you factor in the statue and perfection (on targets with high hit points) whether the base target for our sampire (really bushido based dexer) luck suits should just be ~1000.

Have you considered enhancing your weapon(s) with gold/oak after all the imbues are done? I didn't see that in your write-up. I'm assuming you are not putting 100 luck on them. If I were using a forged metal charge I'd probably rather save it for a material that would get me a bump in elemental damage.

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 21, 2008
NuSair - thanks for going to the trouble of writing up your approach here. It's an interesting concept and one I've considered trying. I'm not willing to give up the mace & shield though and don't have a 300 luck mempo, so my suit wouldn't match up to yours in the end. I'm wondering when you factor in the statue and perfection (on targets with high hit points) whether the base target for our sampire (really bushido based dexer) luck suits should just be ~1000.

Have you considered enhancing your weapon(s) with gold/oak after all the imbues are done? I didn't see that in your write-up. I'm assuming you are not putting 100 luck on them. If I were using a forged metal charge I'd probably rather save it for a material that would get me a bump in elemental damage.
Yeah, giving up the M&S was rough.

I haven't decided about the weapons just yet to be honest. For my fencer... I probably will, since I think it won't hurt the slots. For the macer... probably not.

Honestly, you can skip the mempo and it would make putting the armor together easier, but would cost you ~160 luck. I considered that. May still do that.

I am wondering how much luck affect this new loot system. We were given the formula for the old one... I haven't seen a formula for the new one.

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 21, 2008
I want to test it out before I post the final result.

domii

Journeyman
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Aug 19, 2003
cemetery in Vesper, looting your stuff
I want to test it out before I post the final result.
Its too bad I never kept my old leggings of bane when you could still imbue them. It was possible to put 100 luck on them (by dropping the stamina to 1).

I'm looking at your suit closely and might try something similar. I never thought about going plate before.

Right now I'm trying to work in the Orc Chieftain Helm, like one of the other posters suggested.
Self Repair 5
Hit Point Regeneration 3
Luck 100
Hit Chance Increase 30
Resists of 23/1/23/3/5

And that makes it much easier to get to 45HCI on a suit and leaves you more flexible with the jewelry. But harder to make up fire resist.
I was looking at the calculator at http://www.uoguide.com/Luck
and it seems the sweet spot is 2100 Luck to get a 70% chance of enhanced loot. So somewhere around 1500 for me before I use the statue, although it depends on your account age.

Although from your posts above, is that formula out of date?

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 21, 2008
Where are you getting the 140 luck that if referenced for the cloak spot? Have I missed something or was this a typo?
It's a kind of a typo--- it's the 140 luck for the weapon, I was just being lazy.

M

McNuge

I take my bard down with a complete luck suit on, has like 1520 luck on it, and add 850 to that if I use the sculpture. I then party my sampire in and he gets the same luck. I use the bard off to the side to drag monsters over to and then disco them and use disco bard mastery tribulation to dand near double the damage done with my sampire. turns out great loot every time, and cuts your killing time in half, essentially doubling your loot gathering as far as time is concerned.

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 21, 2008
I take my bard down with a complete luck suit on, has like 1520 luck on it, and add 850 to that if I use the sculpture. I then party my sampire in and he gets the same luck. I use the bard off to the side to drag monsters over to and then disco them and use disco bard mastery tribulation to dand near double the damage done with my sampire. turns out great loot every time, and cuts your killing time in half, essentially doubling your loot gathering as far as time is concerned.
Luck is based off whoever does the most damage, not just the highest luck in the party.

sirion

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 31, 2008
Yesterday I also made a luck suit for my warrior. But since I'm not sure if luck will be at all useful in all other dungeons, I didn't put too much effort in this suit.

I kept Mace/Shield Glasses and the ring/bracelet. The rest are plate parts, with chainmail tunic. All basic resist, mostly in Stam+, Mana+, and LMC. So that's 500 Luck.

- Honor +1000
- Sandle +80
- Statue +500

Not bad for now.