• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Sampire.. how? Noob questions..

Bman

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OK, now dont beat on me too hard for this question...

But how do you go about using a sampire to solo (EX : In Doom)?

I have created my sampire after reading many many posts on the skills needed. so here is my current skill set up.

Bushido - 120
Parry - 120
swords - 110
tactics - 100
necro - 100
resist - 100
chivalry - 60

This is only a 2 year old aco**** so I could not get to 720 skill points. so i kept swords at 110 instead of the 120.. not sure if that was the correct skill to keep lower or not... but anyhow... here is my stats after armor and such :

Hit points - 124
Stamina - 155
Mana - 52

Resists 70/70/70/70/75

DCI 45, HCI 25, Mace and shield glasses, quiver, fey leggings, crimson, Primer on arms. Using the Soul seeker, but I can get anohter weapon if something else is better...

So theres my toon... now what do I do with him? I have looked through post after post and not seen how you actually go about using this template.. i see that I should be honoring, never used vamp form, I take it thats what I need to be in? and how do i go about healing? Pots? Chvalry? Do I lightening strike over and over?

My plan is to take this toon to doom and work the spawn down there, I am just at a loss as what I need to do..

Any help or point me inthe right direction would be very much appreciated!

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The first thing you want to do is to go to the titan dungeon in Ilshenar (Honesty, head east) and TRY to kill yourself there. Just run around picking up enemies and leaving your self auto-defending with your soul seeker.

Once you failed in killing yourself there, move to a different, harder spawn area. Since you have soul seeker, I would try Miasma. Now unlike fighting repond creatures with your repond slayer, Miasma is a bit harder. It is possible for Miasma to kill even an experienced samurai. It isn't very likely, but it is possible.

From there, find the following enemies. Use appropriate slayer weapons when um... apporopriate.
Trasher, Coil, a greater dragon, reptalon, cu sidhe, balron, succubus, paragon cu sidhe, paragon balron. By the time you kill a paragon balron, you're ready to try for the peerless. I recommend you start with Dread horn first.

Until then, just get used to the template, the fact that you don't ever really need to heal, when to use potions, when to use confidence, when to cure, when to not bother with curing and just how powerful you really are.

C

Connor_Graham

To add to what Farsight had to say, I wouldn't attempt Dreadhorn until you have something like a Mage's Rune Blade or Ornate Axe with at least 20 SSI on the Rune Blade and minimum 25 on the Ornate Axe. If you go in with a slower swinging wep or one that doesn't hit for the high damage you'll need it'll end up in frustration. Getting the template done is only half of what you need to do to build your Sampire. The weapons are just as important as the skills and suit.

ZidjiN

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ive had my sampire ready skillwise for quite some time, the skills are as follows:
120 Swords
120 Bush
120 Parry
100 Necromancy
100 Tactics
100 Anatomy
60 Chiv

Ive never used him since i dont have a weapon for him and my founds have been quite low lately. Anyway i got a Valorite runic hammer yesterday wich i traded for 2xVerite Hammers with a friend of mine.

And i was just about to start crafting Ornate Axes.. Is that really the best thing to craft for a swords man? I hear some ppl talk about twinkling's and heavy ornate axes.

The good thing about Ornate Axes is that i actually can use them in PvP as well if i get one with good mods as well as in PvE.
I think i will burn them for ornate axes. Just wanted to know if i am stupid(missing something.

Best Regards.

C

Connor_Graham

If you don't have a Twinkling (or Radiant) Scimitar for your char yet, I'd suggest starting with that. Even if you find one with the SL & ML that you need but doesn't have the SSI, you can still get by with it. An Ornate Axe or Mage's Rune Blade MUST have SSI on it in order for it to work for you. I'd suggest starting out burning bronze & copper hammers since they're so much cheaper than a Val runic, and easier to come by, just to get your basic weapons. You can work on getting the artifact quality stuff after you have what you need to get you started.

ZidjiN

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you don't have a Twinkling (or Radiant) Scimitar for your char yet, I'd suggest starting with that. Even if you find one with the SL & ML that you need but doesn't have the SSI, you can still get by with it. An Ornate Axe or Mage's Rune Blade MUST have SSI on it in order for it to work for you. I'd suggest starting out burning bronze & copper hammers since they're so much cheaper than a Val runic, and easier to come by, just to get your basic weapons. You can work on getting the artifact quality stuff after you have what you need to get you started.
Thanks for the reply Connor.
Well i do have 2 verite Runic to burn now and thats 40 charges if im not misstaken.
I dont like the idea of Twinkling since i wouldnt have any use for one with PvP mods on it, i wouldnt use it and i dont think that anyone would buy it.
Ornates on the other hand could be usefull in PvP aswell thanks to the specials and insane dmg.
I think i waill go with your advice and burn cheap runics for a HML/HSL Twinkling and then burn my verite for a ornate Axe.
Is the 8% extra DI the only difference betwen an ordinary Ornate axe and a Heavy one?
if thats the case why would anyone ever craft an ordinary ornate axe?

As i said theanks alot for you help Connor. I Greatly appreciate it!

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would rather make Heavy Ornate axe than ordinary since the free 8DI is better than nothing. I'd rather have a Twinkling than ordinary radiant, for the extra free 6 dci.
I loved my Twink, even for pvp, until I lost the darn thing from some insurance bug. *tears*

Only thing holding you from making these Mondain's Legacy weapons is the Gems. If you're out of gems, then you can't make these.
I hate when I run out of gems.

Bman

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So you want to use a two handed wep or a one handed wep? And what leech is the most important to have? Stamina?

ALso do you stay in Vamp form? or use curse weapon?

Thanks for all the responses thus far.. it is going to be very beneficial... once I get it all squared away and learn how to use him!

Off to burn some Bronze and Gold hammers!

ZidjiN

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Stamina Leech and mana leech together with SSI is the most important stats.

And yes you should stay in Vamp form.

Bman

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
k, heres a Heavy Ornate I just created... this what I am looking for?

HML - 50%
HSL - 34%
SSI - 30%
DI - 48%

Created with a bronze hammer using valorite ingots.

Bman

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I also wear a ring on my samp that has hci 9, dci 12 and SSI 5 on it with another mod (not logged on with him right now) so that should help with my ssi.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

HML - 50%
HSL - 34%
SSI - 30%
DI - 48%

That'll do the trick..

ZidjiN

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

HML - 50%
HSL - 34%
SSI - 30%
DI - 48%

I bet i wont even come close to that with my 2xVerite Hammers with My luck.....
Looks solid tbh

Bman

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Heres a mages rune blade just got as well...

HML - 31
HSL - 28
SSI - 25
FC - 1
DI - 40

Not as good as the axe... got that from a bronze hammer as well. ended up burning 4 bronze hammers and 1 goldhammer. Off to try them out in a bit... Ill keep you posted on how I do. Again.. all the help is excellent!
Thanks!

Bman

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
another question...

How do you know if vampire embrace is still on? I dont see it in my buffs debuff section... same with cursed weapon>

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There are no debuff icons. Your paperdoll.... your body skin turns all white when in Vamp. Your fire resist gets -25 too, so hopefully you've compensated. You can't chug cure pots.

Curse weapon should now make a sound when expiring. I haven't tried it. But doesn't last too long unless you have spirit speak, so might not be worth the mana to keep doing it.

C

Connor_Graham

Heres a mages rune blade just got as well...

HML - 31
HSL - 28
SSI - 25
FC - 1
DI - 40

Not as good as the axe... got that from a bronze hammer as well. ended up burning 4 bronze hammers and 1 goldhammer. Off to try them out in a bit... Ill keep you posted on how I do. Again.. all the help is excellent!
Thanks!
You've gotten extremely lucky. I burned over 400 bronze & copper hammers to get just my Twinkling Scimitar. I did get lucky with my Ornate and Rune Blade though and only had to burn 20 or so for each...

Bman

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You werent kidding about getting lucky.... I have burnth through 3 more gold hammers and 22 bronze hammers, trying to get those 2 weapons with a bit higher mods... nothing so far.

so what other spells do you use as a sampire? So here I am honoring the foe, then hitting it with Lightening strike over and over again. Occaisionally casting remove curse and cleanse by fire.... then I am having to run away and use close wounds ( i take it thats the only way to heal as a sampire )?

I use Vampire embrace, occaisonally I have tried curse weapon (but I see now where it can be a waste of mana - mana is only 52)

What about Corpse skin? Consecrate weapon? Enemy of One? Guess theres no need for divine fury with the stamina leech...

Anything else in bushido except LS?

Anything else in the was of the necromancy spells?

Iknow there are situations for all spells, I just want to make sure I am using the most useful basic set up for now

Bman

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Also hows one go about getting rid of the revenants that the dark fathers like to throw at you every minute or so?

C

Connor_Graham

so what other spells do you use as a sampire? So here I am honoring the foe, then hitting it with Lightening strike over and over again. Occaisionally casting remove curse and cleanse by fire.... then I am having to run away and use close wounds ( i take it thats the only way to heal as a sampire )?
Evasion + Confidence is your friend. If you start getting low on life, don't run, evade. Hit Evasion, then Confidence. Not only will you continue to leech life since you're still hitting, but Confidence is also a major boost of HP's, not to mention Evasion helps you to NOT get hit. Running is a last resort and takes some practice to get rid of that urge to bolt when things start looking bad.

I use Vampire embrace, occaisonally I have tried curse weapon (but I see now where it can be a waste of mana - mana is only 52)
Without SS, Curse Wep is indeed a waste.

What about Corpse skin? Consecrate weapon? Enemy of One? Guess theres no need for divine fury with the stamina leech...
You should be casting Enemy of One in every situation you can possibly use it in. Same goes for Cons Wep. The necro spells can be fun to toss in now and then for variety, but you should get the basics of the Sampire down before you start expending mana on them.

Anything else in bushido except LS?
Just about everything except Honorable Execution I'd say.

Anything else in the was of the necromancy spells?
Not really. As I said, they're fun to toss in for some variety, but they're not really necessary.

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There are no debuff icons. Your paperdoll.... your body skin turns all white when in Vamp. Your fire resist gets -25 too, so hopefully you've compensated. You can't chug cure pots.

Curse weapon should now make a sound when expiring. I haven't tried it. But doesn't last too long unless you have spirit speak, so might not be worth the mana to keep doing it.
That's correct, it makes a blump sort of sound when its expired. Has for quite some time now. At least a few years that I recall.

V

von Beck

I dont like the idea of Twinkling since i wouldnt have any use for one with PvP mods on it, i wouldnt use it and i dont think that anyone would buy it.
If you make a SC noneg -20 Mage wep twinkling scimi with DCI then you're looking at millions....

:drool:

ZidjiN

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you make a SC noneg -20 Mage wep twinkling scimi with DCI then you're looking at millions....

:drool:
Didnt really get what i wanted. not a single stamina and mana leech weapon.
i however got a 21DCI, -20 mageweapon but SC with penalty. I think i will use that on my gimp tamer if i only could find my 1/2 Mage ring...

K

korak

I just have to say thx a lot for all the information in this post it has helped me a lot. I just have a couple noob questions.
Is there a reason not to use a shield with parry and bushido?
Is it better to go with magic resist or anatomy or is it only situational?
Is karma a big issue with chiv?

Im sure I was wondering more but makers mark makes me forget things sometimes :), and just so you know Im only in the 80s in most of my skills so Im new to the template but so far its one of the funnest Ive played in the game. Thanks agian for all the help in the post.

C

Connor_Graham

Is there a reason not to use a shield with parry and bushido?
Using a shield when you have Parry & Bushido lowers your parry chance to 5%. Not by 5%, but to 5%.

Is it better to go with magic resist or anatomy or is it only situational?
It's situational. The time to use Resist would be when you're fighting Necro casting creatures, mainly to reduce the effectiveness of Blood Oath.

Is karma a big issue with chiv?
Karma determines the duration of your primary spells EoO and Cons Wep among others. Low karma means you'll be casting these much more often, thus using much more mana to keep the spells going.

R

Radix

Hello folks, i am in need of your wisdom. I have a lot of questions, ideas, first of all about the template:

I am trying an almost new sampire, my skills look like this:
102/115 sword
93/120 bushido
101/115 parry
100/110 tactics (locked)
100 anatomy
45 chivalry
99 necro (going up to 100)
90 spirit (a few points up, down, i am writing of memory)
(resisting and healing in soulstones to decide later what to take with me)
Stats:100/100/50 (100+/120/60 actual with items)

I am thinking about droping chivalry to 0 when i raise sword, parry and bushido and later drop spirit to 60 to keep with 120 sw, 120 bush, 120 parry, 100 tactics, 100 nekro, 100 anatomy/resisting and 60 ss (or 120 res and 40 ss)

I have burned several low level runnics hammers trying to get high resist armor with mr or hp r, wearing The Captains blah blah hat (+20 sw) +8 dex, our dear soul seeker, getting up hci, swords, tactitcs and some resis with jewels, my resist, far from best, looks like 67, 40, 60,50,70. (hard to get a decent fire resist in vampire form)
I am used to play with mages and tamers, not sooo dependant from equipment, i realized that a warrior cannot have any low res...or you are dead. I know i have to get up a lot of skill points and get better items, but meanwhile...

Now the questions, a lot of them :p
It's worth chivalry? i almost forgot to use this, too busy spamming lightning attacks, confidence and evasion, and you need a lot (more 60) to even use sacred journey with a decent success, we can travel with recall at wraith form without falliure, i use necromancy spells, most curse weapon, raising deads, or summoning minions, my karma is very unstable even killing evil monsters, and eventually it will go deep down if i continue casting. If later i have to drop spirit to 40 or 60, it will be useful yet, and keep the strenght and duration of my nekro spells aceptable?

*First Contact: :cursing:
I tried the vermin spawn in Ilshenar, staying alive with little problems, thanks to the whirwind attack (awesome with leeching), and i combat versus Barracoon without problems (although he was distracted by other players ^^
Not so good with gargoyles and succubi, succubi looks like unbeatables to me, and the big gargoyles make me bite dust several times, that scum!, i have tried in destard, i can kill quite well a dragon, common dragon, of course.

All the weapons, at first look quite nice weapons (high damage and leechs, decent speed), i tried, were at last extremely slow, i know in vampire form i can leech 20% life, with the 30 soulseeker this is a 50%, and it's not sufficient for me lot of times, needing to cast curse to raise near 100% leech, praying to no fail hits, and spamming confidence (usually they breaks my hp boost soon). I even go with a vampire bat to get some extra hp reg (or leech, not sure)
I suppose i need to boost for 120 my parrying, dci and bushido the sooner i can to get harder to hit.

I am going to take to the titans tour mentioned in other post to see how hard i am, but i think i will have success in killing myself.

*Playstyle: :dunce:
I see also, with almost all healing depending of vampiric and leeching, most skill points on offensive, and not wearing high resis and nothing in resisting spells, the play style must be like a crazy maniac. If i cannot hide, i cannot heal, i must kill, all that targets me, specially spellcasters, i must charge on it, is'n it?
(charge to dead, or run to dead, ¿?)

and finally, what would be my priority in skill raising?

Thank you very much, all your comments will be greatly apreciated :thumbsup:

C

Connor_Graham

Now the questions, a lot of them :p
It's worth chivalry?
Absolutely. Chiv is how you'll get the high damage hits you need to leech enough life to keep yourself alive.

i almost forgot to use this, too busy spamming lightning attacks, confidence and evasion, and you need a lot (more 60) to even use sacred journey with a decent success,
60 Chiv is the minimum you need for the Sampire template.

we can travel with recall at wraith form without falliure
Wraith form is Wammy, not Sampire. The builds and tactics are completely different.

i use necromancy spells, most curse weapon, raising deads, or summoning minions, my karma is very unstable even killing evil monsters, and eventually it will go deep down if i continue casting. If later i have to drop spirit to 40 or 60, it will be useful yet, and keep the strenght and duration of my nekro spells aceptable?
This is because you're playing with a Wammy template and tactics, and not a Sampire.

*First Contact: :cursing:
I tried the vermin spawn in Ilshenar, staying alive with little problems, thanks to the whirwind attack (awesome with leeching), and i combat versus Barracoon without problems (although he was distracted by other players ^^
Not so good with gargoyles and succubi, succubi looks like unbeatables to me, and the big gargoyles make me bite dust several times, that scum!, i have tried in destard, i can kill quite well a dragon, common dragon, of course.
My Sampire eats Succubi, even paragon Succubi, for breakfast. If you were in Vamp form instead of wraith, you'd be able to ride an armored swamp dragon which would give you 20% damage reduction, plus you wouldn't be dependant on spells.

All the weapons, at first look quite nice weapons (high damage and leechs, decent speed), i tried, were at last extremely slow, i know in vampire form i can leech 20% life, with the 30 soulseeker this is a 50%, and it's not sufficient for me lot of times, needing to cast curse to raise near 100% leech, praying to no fail hits, and spamming confidence (usually they breaks my hp boost soon). I even go with a vampire bat to get some extra hp reg (or leech, not sure)
I suppose i need to boost for 120 my parrying, dci and bushido the sooner i can to get harder to hit.
If you'd been using Chiv, you would have seen double the amount of damage, and higher with crits, and thus would be leeching double the amount of hp's, and higher with crits.

I see also, with almost all healing depending of vampiric and leeching, most skill points on offensive, and not wearing high resis and nothing in resisting spells, the play style must be like a crazy maniac. If i cannot hide, i cannot heal, i must kill, all that targets me, specially spellcasters, i must charge on it, is'n it?
The hardest thing to learn when first starting out with your Sampire is to unlearn that urge to run when you get low on health. Sticking it out and using Evasion & Confidence are the key to survival in tough situations.

and finally, what would be my priority in skill raising?
You really need to adjust your template if you want to play a Sampire. I'm not sure what your actual template is as what you posted above equals 795 skill points. The basic Sampire template should look like this:

120 Wep Skill
120 Bushido
120 Parry
100 Tactics
100 Necro
100 Anatomy (or Resist or SS)
60 Chiv

R

Radix

mmm, well, i am in vampire form usually, only using wraith like a posibility on recall, but you are right, i am missunderstanding the template, taking concepts from wammy and sampire, i see that now. :wall:
Then best thing i can do is to drop SS and forget nekro spells but Vampire Form, using consecrate, fury and charging with my bushido skills to maximize damage. no?

I will try tonigh!

One last thing, i know that 20% damage reduction has no pryce, i have one with other char, but what about that nice Hyrius?

Thank you very much. ;)

C

Connor_Graham

Use Divine Fury as a last resort. You don't want to take the hit on your DCI if you can help it. Using a wep with HSL will solve most stamina problems. As far as Hiryus, forget them. You want the 20% damage reduction.

O

Old Man of UO

Another reason not to use Necro spells is that it lowers the effectiveness of your chivalry spell, which are boosted (meaning lasts longer) by high karma. Necro spells lowers karma fast.

R

Radix

Hi, here i am, again ¬¬
Hehe, i am getting better and better, thanks to your advice and some practice, yesterday i was killing Onis with little problems.
Now i have a decent karma, i miss a lot to cast some nekro but i know high karma is very very important, even so my consecrate spell is a little short, but Enemy Of One is absolutly awesome ;)

I have tried another weapons (with much more DI, some leech and luck, etc) but i become pathetic when i dont take my soulseeker, i tried (only to try all) attacking an Oni with The Redeemer, a demon&undead slayer sword with huge damage and the slowest swing rate (5s!) of all UO i think, result: one big hit and nothing more, useless, swing speed is the only matter :p
maybe to give the coupe de grace to a big one?

I cannot afford the full equipment i need, i have a very good equipment (spirit totem, jackals... but this is all cursed ¬¬) so i run with moderate good equipment, quite good resis 60-50, and stats like 100/130/55 (with jewels), i suppose dex is the most important.
Lightning strike boost the HCI, sooo if i raise hci to 45 there is no need of use it? (criticals?) Usually i can't achieve much perfection...
How important is DCI? 30 dci is a decent value? My enemies hit me too much i think.

What i am trying to ask is: if you dont have the best equipment, and you have to choose, what is better?

Sorry for so may questions,
and thks to all ;)

regards

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
120 Wep Skill
120 Bushido
120 Parry
100 Tactics
100 Necro
100 Anatomy (or Resist or SS)
60 Chiv

Why 100 tactics and not 90 so you can have 70chiv?

Also, why 120bushido and not 100? I understand the bonus to crits... but with how tight the template is... the bonus to crits isn't THAT big of a deal to me personally...

Also, can one of you go over what the idea suit mods would be?

70/70/70/70/70 and armored swampy.

45% HCI
45% DCI
40% LMC (????)
Stat Increases (????)
HP Regen (????)
50% Enhance Pots (????)
FC/FCR (!??!)
Reflect Physical (????)

G

guum

A question that just occurred to me...I've had a sampire for a while, and I can take Miasmas and the like easily enough, and I can whirlwind through dozens of mobs at champ spawns like nobody's business, but I don't have a weapon that works well for single-target, high-resist mobs like peerless and champs-- I'm still stuck with Soul Seeker. I've been trying to find a sampire-ready ornate axe for ages now, and haven't been able to, and I've burned several runic hammers trying to make one. Would it be possible to do without HML if the template included sufficient Med? Like, instead of Anat or Resist, using meditation? If it were, then that would be one fewer mod to have to deal with having on a potential weapon, and it would be WAY easier to find a weapon that would work. Has anyone tried this?

C

Credinus

Would it be possible to do without HML if the template included sufficient Med? Like, instead of Anat or Resist, using meditation? If it were, then that would be one fewer mod to have to deal with having on a potential weapon, and it would be WAY easier to find a weapon that would work. Has anyone tried this?
If you have 45% hci, then it would work decently. But if you rely on lightning strike, then forget it; mana leech will be a must. Even with 40% LMC, you'll need to regen close to 3 mana per second at max swing speed to have make up for the lightning strike cost.

You could always go Wammy if you find a good weapon that just lacks HML.

C

Connor_Graham

Why 100 tactics and not 90 so you can have 70chiv?
The template I listed is a basic template. I go with 95 Tactics and 65 Chiv myself.

Also, why 120bushido and not 100? I understand the bonus to crits... but with how tight the template is... the bonus to crits isn't THAT big of a deal to me personally...
There is a huge difference in the amount of damage you do between GM and 120 Bushido. I did significant testing on this with my archer. Plus your Bushido is part of the determining factor in your parry chance. With GM Bushido, you only have a 29% chance to parry with a 2 handed weapon compared to 40% at 120 Bushido. Between these 2 examples, having 120 Bushido is more than justified.

Also, can one of you go over what the idea suit mods would be?

70/70/70/70/70 and armored swampy.

45% HCI
45% DCI
40% LMC (????)
Stat Increases (????)
HP Regen (????)
50% Enhance Pots (????)
FC/FCR (!??!)
Reflect Physical (????)
The must have properties are DCI and DI, with whatever HCI you can fit into it. It helps to have LMC, MR and stam increase, but none of that is absolutely necessary. The armored swampy is a must have for any sampire. I don't know why anyone would want to pass up a free 20% damage reduction. Any other properties you can manage to get on your suit is just a bonus.

C

Connor_Graham

A question that just occurred to me...I've had a sampire for a while, and I can take Miasmas and the like easily enough, and I can whirlwind through dozens of mobs at champ spawns like nobody's business, but I don't have a weapon that works well for single-target, high-resist mobs like peerless and champs-- I'm still stuck with Soul Seeker. I've been trying to find a sampire-ready ornate axe for ages now, and haven't been able to, and I've burned several runic hammers trying to make one. Would it be possible to do without HML if the template included sufficient Med? Like, instead of Anat or Resist, using meditation? If it were, then that would be one fewer mod to have to deal with having on a potential weapon, and it would be WAY easier to find a weapon that would work. Has anyone tried this?
To take on the bosses, you must have a weapon with HSL, HML, SSI, and DI. You won't be able to do without it. The best thing you can do is to keep burning the lower end runics (copper & bronze), until you can get a basic wep to use. I burned over 400 runics to come up with my Twink, but got lucky on both my ornate and rune blade and made both on the first couple of hammers I used. If you happen to be on Pacific let me know, I've got some extra Twinks you could borrow.

R

RichDC

To take on the bosses, you must have a weapon with HSL, HML, SSI, and DI. You won't be able to do without it. The best thing you can do is to keep burning the lower end runics (copper & bronze), until you can get a basic wep to use. I burned over 400 runics to come up with my Twink, but got lucky on both my ornate and rune blade and made both on the first couple of hammers I used. If you happen to be on Pacific let me know, I've got some extra Twinks you could borrow.
What is it with the rune blades that makes them so popular???

I keep looking through them and cant help but think they are far inferior to other weapons.

Mistura

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For that amount of damage output, its the fastest weapon out there.

So basically really high damage and really quick.

Ornate axes are ok, but as soon as you take a stamina hit they start swinging slow. Personally I don't like them because of that.

C

Connor_Graham

What is it with the rune blades that makes them so popular???

I keep looking through them and cant help but think they are far inferior to other weapons.
Mitsura pretty much nailed it. It's a high damage 2 hander that has a faster swing speed than the ornate axe, so it's easier to maintain max swing speed with it. I can rip through just about anything with my Mage's Rune Blade, and rarely have to worry about slowing down.

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Another thing I love about the Mage's Rune Blade is the free FC1. Helps cast divine fury, EoO, etc. a bit quicker. Plus, if you are making them and roll Spell Channel, at LEAST you don't suffer the -1 FC.
Plus FC2 is possible and sweet if going for FC4/FCR6.

R

RichDC

Mitsura pretty much nailed it. It's a high damage 2 hander that has a faster swing speed than the ornate axe, so it's easier to maintain max swing speed with it. I can rip through just about anything with my Mage's Rune Blade, and rarely have to worry about slowing down.
Hmmm, maybe my next runic burn should go on them instead of guardian axes?

R

RichDC

Another thing I love about the Mage's Rune Blade is the free FC1. Helps cast divine fury, EoO, etc. a bit quicker. Plus, if you are making them and roll Spell Channel, at LEAST you don't suffer the -1 FC.
Plus FC2 is possible and sweet if going for FC4/FCR6.
Question, would it be possible then to get SC FC+1?

T

Turdnugget

Don't believe that is possible Rich...unless a Dev somewhere forgot to code that... which is highly likely. But I seriously doubt it =/

R

RichDC

Don't believe that is possible Rich...unless a Dev somewhere forgot to code that... which is highly likely. But I seriously doubt it =/
That sucks!!

I has hoping to get a sc no pen (before the +1bonus) would make it sc +1, oh well :(

C

Connor_Graham

I never ran into any when I was making mine, but then I got mine on the first hammer so really didn't try to burn too many. I did get several FC2 ones, so it's in the realm of possibilities. It might be worth burning a few just to see if it's possible.

H

HoB2009

To enhance or not to Enhance:

Just got a sampire weapon (ornate Axe) with the following stats:

SSI 25
HML 57
HSL 42
DI 45
HCI 11

Im wearing a luck suit at about 800 luck with my weapon equiped currently which has 128 luck. This weapon is much better than the current one I own, should I attempt to enhance it with gold for the extra 40 luck, or leave well enough alone?

Suit is 70 70 70 64 70

With 800ish luck
43 DCI
38 HCI
30 HLD (glasses)

Current Weapon:

Ornate Axe

HLA: 50
HLM 62
SSI 30
Luck : 128
DI 49