• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Sampire Help

GL_MEDIC

Visitor
Hey guys, just have a few questions maybe someone can answer me on here or ICQ (262205545).
When it comes to sword weapons for PvM what type of mods do I need/energy slayers do my weapons need to be. I know I'll need an Axe/Bladed Staff just need some help on the mods like I said. For example, when I am doing despise and the barracoon pops what is the best mods to have on the weapon?

Mana Leech, Stam Leech, Life Leech, Repond and what 100% fire damage?

If someone could contact me and help me with these weapon struggles, that would be awesome. Thanks all.

-MEDIC J^W

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
You can holler at my in ICQ for an opinion on what weapons to have and what mods.

UO Warrior

You can also check that link and do a search in the Warrior forum. You might get some better responses by posting there, and if you would like me to move that thread to that sub-forum instead of in the Welcomes forum, I can do that.

Johnny LeVene

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Assuming you don't need DCI/HCI, I would say Hit Mana Leech > Hit Stamina Leech > Slayer > Damage Increase > Hit Lower Defense > Hit Lower Attack.

That's pretty much how I go on all my Sampire weapons. You only need as much damage increase to get you to the 100% DI item cap (keep in mind that divine fury damage increase counts towards the cap). hit lower defense is always great because it helps a lot with gaining perfection on harder mobs, and more hits = more life drained.

You shouldn't really need Hit Life Leech as a sampire, but some people use it.

Also, in regards to Baracoon specifically, physical damage is going to be best for him (and fire damage is good for the spawn).

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
A good stand-in until you get the real weapon you want for Barracoon is an old stand-by, the soul seeker, with its SSI, Repond slayer and all 3 leeches (and the standard whirlwind special attack).

But, because of how bushido works with parry, you'll want to get that 2-handed weapon eventually.

Remember also that IIRC Spell Channeling prevents weapon damage from the slime acid, unless they've changed things since SA launched.

Last edited:

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Assuming you don't need DCI/HCI, I would say Hit Mana Leech > Hit Stamina Leech > Slayer > Damage Increase > Hit Lower Defense > Hit Lower Attack.

That's pretty much how I go on all my Sampire weapons. You only need as much damage increase to get you to the 100% DI item cap (keep in mind that divine fury damage increase counts towards the cap). hit lower defense is always great because it helps a lot with gaining perfection on harder mobs, and more hits = more life drained.

You shouldn't really need Hit Life Leech as a sampire, but some people use it.

Also, in regards to Baracoon specifically, physical damage is going to be best for him (and fire damage is good for the spawn).
Pretty good advice. I used close to a similar order for weapons back in the day.