• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Sampire Equip

Violento

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Im starting a sampire character,
As I am a totally newbie with a dexxer I need some tips from you guys.
Im going to use mace fighting and main weapon being a tetsubo.

What stats should I be looking on armor and on weapon? What kind of armor, platemail?
What reagents do I need to farm to craft me that suit, plus some weapons? (I cant afford to buy it.)
I say weapons cause im aware that i need some slayer weps.

Thanks guys.

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Im starting a sampire character,
As I am a totally newbie with a dexxer I need some tips from you guys.
Im going to use mace fighting and main weapon being a tetsubo.

What stats should I be looking on armor and on weapon? What kind of armor, platemail?
What reagents do I need to farm to craft me that suit, plus some weapons? (I cant afford to buy it.)
I say weapons cause im aware that i need some slayer weps.

Thanks guys.
I'd recommend firstly using a LRC/LMC/MR 2/6 suit, raising Med/Focus to get Necro to 100, it doesn't take very long - a day or two at best.

The only weapons that really matter in PvM are those with Whirlwind, Double Strike and AI. To plan your build you should look up which weapons have those specials, possibly in combination with each other, then look at the swing speed calculator on UOguide to find out which Stamina/SSI setup you will need to swing those weapons at the cap. Depending on what you're using it for (low end farming doesn't really matter as anything will do) you want to use weapons with the highest base damage, THAT you can swing at the cap, AND that have useful specials. If you're set on Mace over the other weapon skills then weapons you should probably look at are Black Staff, Diamond Mace, Maul, Hammer Pick and maybe War Hammer.

Base stats are largely determined by what you NEED in Stamina/SSI, but once that requirement is met, I generally pour what I can in to Str and whatever's left into Int. You sound like you may be on a budget and not necessarily have stat scrolls. At a minimum with gear I'd say you want 100 Str/HP, 30 Mana. If you're not using Dex for bandages you can have lower Dex and use Stamina Increase on armour. Your armour will most likely be a combination of resists, LMC, HP/Stam/Mana Increase. You need an extra 25 fire to compensate for Vampiric Embrace. The type of armour you go with is down to preference, personally I prefer to use Studded or Bone for the 3 LMC it gives. Plate offers Stamina protection, but you will most likely have Hit Stamina Leech on your weapons, so how useful you find it is subjective to what you're hunting and how hard it hits. The weapon primarily needs Hit Mana Leech, you should try to reforge for this as high as possible.

Any further advice would probably be wasted at this point, I'd just say get to where you can stay in form as quickly as possible and begin playing to get a feel for it, all of the sampire skills raise quickly. When you are mid way done (85's?) you can probably start hunting in the Stygian Abyss for ingredients for Imbuing. It's painfully tedious but if buying isn't an option then it's the way to go.

Tectop

Journeyman
Like you I'm split between Anatomy & Healing or Necro & Resist.I started a Bush, swords last night and I just can't get comfortable with no way to heal other than close wounds with chiv.

Tabin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Sampire suit: Any armor other than leather/cloth/or mage armor will work fine. Prioritize 60s all resist, then LMC, Stam/dex, HP/Str, Int/Mana. You need enough stam to swing at max speed, enough HP to survive a few hits, and enough mana to chain weapon special moves.

Weapon: I'd recommend going with Swords for Onslaught damage and better pick of 2h weapons (blade staff and dbl axe).

As for crafting: Crafting is a beast to explain. I'd suggest getting a slayer weapon, 60s all resist and farm demons/trogs for more gold. Loot all magical items, store all of them in bags in a house and then use your crafter/imbuer to unravel them by the bag load. Then farm the other ingredients until you can make the weapon/armor you need.

This will tell you what you need: Imbuing Ingredients - UOGuide, the Ultima Online Encyclopedia

Last edited:

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
What kind of armor
It depends on how much gold are you ready to spend.

For example:
1. craft a metal armor piece with low fire resist
2. enhance it with valorite ingots
3. pof
4. imbue 4hpi, 7mi, 7si, 7lmc, 13 fire res
It would cost about the same as pof you spent. If you are on Atlantic you might buy some armor pieces even cheaper.

Last edited:

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
In Vamp Form, using Chiv spells to boost up damage, with hit life leach on weapon... you should be hitting for enough damage and leaching back enough hit points that you only need to use Close Wounds and Confidence in rare situations.