• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Parry] Sampire build with 120 parry?

G

Grimfear

Is it possible to do a build with 120 with the changes to chiv? I was thinking of doing the following template.

Swordsmanship 120
Bushido 120
Tactics 120
Parry 120
Necromancy 99
Chivalry 85
Anat/Resist 56

I am not sure how important anat is to the build I know years ago when I first ran sampire before taking a break it seemed no one used anat so it was easy to keep 120 parry. How much of a difference does anat make now?

Gorbs

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You'll be fine with that template, but it won't be optimal. In most cases the amount of damage you prevent with parry is not necessary to your survival. In that sense, having 100 anatomy instead of 56 would lead to quicker kills. Your suit and weapon mods are more important. Also, keep in mind you will lose the benefit damage reduction should you wear a shield. A lot of people use shields with good mods during fights where they are not worried about the damage they are taking. You would still get the mana discount for specials from having it though.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I run two sampire variants. One has 120 parry and he is my true tank. I use +23 skill on the jewelry.

120 Swordsmanship
120 Bushido
120 Parrying
100 Tactics
100 Anatomy
99 Necromancy
84 Chivalry

Driven Insane

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Alot of the time I run my Sampire with 0 anatomy. Mine's set up to either have 110 resist or anatomy depending on what I'm doing.

With Perfection, EoE, 100% DI and the appropriate Slayer weapon.... damage isn't a huge problem, even with 0 Anatomy.

I think the real problem with your build is that any serious spellcasting monster is going to hand you your arse with only 56 resist.

Pirate Roberts

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I run 120 parry vs paroxysmus only, tiggle between evasion and faint, quick and easy. Other than that, i never use it.

G

Grimfear

Would it be more beneficial to go with 120 chiv and just skip out on anat with 120 parry?

I did think about going with this build which I believe is the typical setup from what I have read, just sucks to give up 120 parry.... all though it was not to hard and I could just stone it for something else later I guess.

120 Swords
120 Bush
120 Tact
120 Anat/Resist
99 Necro
85 Chiv
60 Parry

NBG

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
looks good hehe

Just enough to get the 300 skill pts special lower mana bonus

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thats the build.. Now reforge a bunch of ai weps to capped mana leech, imbue the slayer sets and ai to the face. pvm will cease to be entertaining.

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thats the build.. Now reforge a bunch of ai weps to capped mana leech, imbue the slayer sets and ai to the face. pvm will cease to be entertaining.
The way I do champ spawns, it is still pretty entertaining.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
whats the deal with 99 necro on all those builds rather than 100?

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
whats the deal with 99 necro on all those builds rather than 100?
At 99 necro you can cast and maintain vampire embrace. Since you cast no other necro spells and have 0 SS, 99 is all you need. Plus, it is a fairly tight template for skill points and shaving a point is a bonus.

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I run 100 necro on all my sampire builds. No real reason why other than it makes my view cleaner. As for 120 parry I run that on my main samp along side with 120 resist. IMO I'd drop the chiv after you build a full set of weapons for what ever it is that you decide you wish to kill, after I dropped it I've never looked back. You can buy recall scrolls in the Vesper mage shop and others I'm sure.

I stone off resist for healing at times and I've sure that there are a fair amount of stuff that you could stone off parry for anat if you were looking for more damage but I don't do much other that specific spawns and the odd Shame/Covetous run with my guys.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
looks good hehe

Just enough to get the 300 skill pts special lower mana bonus
What does this mean?

I am currently considering redoing my warrior who I have not played in yrs. The skills I have to 'pick' from (ie already trained/stoned) are:

120 Parry
120 Swordsman
120 Fencing
120 Bushido
120 & 110 Magic Resist
100 Necro
100 Anatomy
100 Healing
100 Tactics
75 Chiv

I can train up anything else I need.
I don't want to carry scrolls/charged books to get around so prefer to have chiv on the template unless there is a really good reason not to.

Current stats are:
Str 110
Dex 105
Intel 40

with + 11 Str items taking it to 121
with + 18 Dex items taking it to 123

My current imbued suit is: Resists: 70/69/68/70/68 (note this could be improved to make full 70's as I only crafted a couple of each bit and didn't try for the ultimate resist combo as it was just a starter suit, I made the suit from stuff I had lying around but can afford to 'buy' pieces if it is a 'must')
Other mods on this suit:
Medable
HCI 45% (10 from conjurer's trinket)
DCI 45% (20 from Fey Leggs)
DI 70/100 without weapon equipped (100 with weapon)
HLD 30% (from Mace & Shield glasses)
HPR 4
MR 6
EP 25
FCR 6
FC 1
LMC 40
SSI depends on weapon equipped. No ssi on suit itself

Questions

If I go with chiv and necro is it worth putting LRC on to avoid carrying nec regs and tithing?
Do I need to put Mage Armor mod on as I currently have, or would you recommend using non med stuff and putting extra mods on?
I want to solo as much as possible, so what template do you consider the best all rounder?
And how do you 'heal' that template.
How many of you rely on pots as a normal part of play, and what happens if they get stolen etc ?

Sorry for the questions but starting from scratch here on a sammy or whammy or whatever you call it build :p
Any Help appreciated!

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What does this mean?
Special move mana cost can be decreased by having multiples of certain skills. With 200 to 299 combined skill points, the cost will decrease by 5 mana. Having 300 or more it will decrease by 10 mana. The included skills are:

• Swordsmanship
  • Mace Fighting
  • Fencing
  • Archery
  • Parrying
  • Lumberjacking
  • Stealth
  • Poisoning
  • Bushido
  • Ninjitsu
  • Throwing
I run 120 swords 120 bush and 60 parry. 300 on the nose.

Last edited:

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Questions

If I go with chiv and necro is it worth putting LRC on to avoid carrying nec regs and tithing?
Do I need to put Mage Armor mod on as I currently have, or would you recommend using non med stuff and putting extra mods on?
I want to solo as much as possible, so what template do you consider the best all rounder?
And how do you 'heal' that template.
How many of you rely on pots as a normal part of play, and what happens if they get stolen etc ?

1. No use arcane clothing to cast vamp form spell
2. No, I would recommend woodland armor
3. Depends on play style.
4. Healing is via "life leech" from vamp form and also POTS.
5. I don't rely on them, but I carry some just in case.