• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Swordsmanship] Sampire advice please :)

R

RedMan99

Ive just come back from a monthish break break and I was wounding if my sampire build is still viable?

120 swords
120 ana
120 tact
120 bush
99 necor
56 SS
Chive 70

Ive been talking to other people about it ans some say 120 parry/healing 100 is good as well.

too my understanding with my template the 56 SS is for curse wep to help it last longer is this still an ideal way to do it or no? is there something better to go for?

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That should work pretty well.

Personally, I lower anatomy and tactics to GM, chivalry to 60, and then either run 60 parry/60 SS or 120 parry. Or sometimes I use GM healing and put the extra 20 into tactics. Looks like you've got 15 less skill points to work with though.

There's a lot of ways you can run a sampire, it just depends on personal preference and experience.

R

RedMan99

yea the 15 points would come off of SS I guess:lol:! but thanks for you input im going to try this build out after I get all of the skills up. Whats a really simple and simi cheap suite to get set up with at first? I think I remember something about Blood wood woodland set cept for the chest being made out of Oak or something? Or is it better to just make something using arties/random armor?

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Frostwood....

While that suit is ok and it COULD work...you are better off building your own.

semmerset

Seasoned Veteran
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think it is good.

When the character has a specific combat skill, the mana actually used by this special ability can be used at a rate that is lower than a necessary value.

It is 10 combat skill of the target for the judgment and "Archery ", "Bushido ", "Fencing", "Mace Fighting", "Ninjitsu (art of invisibility)", "Swordsmanship", "Parrying", "Lumberjacking ", "Poisoning ", and "Stealth ".
combat skill total value mana reduction
o-199 0
200-299 5
300 or more 10

So,I think better sword 120,bush 120 and parry 60.
If you use special ablity, your mana ends because of a little use.

sampire who doesn't have mana dies easily.

R

RedMan99

I think it is good.

When the character has a specific combat skill, the mana actually used by this special ability can be used at a rate that is lower than a necessary value.

It is 10 combat skill of the target for the judgment and "Archery ", "Bushido ", "Fencing", "Mace Fighting", "Ninjitsu (art of invisibility)", "Swordsmanship", "Parrying", "Lumberjacking ", "Poisoning ", and "Stealth ".
combat skill total value mana reduction
o-199 0
200-299 5
300 or more 10

So,I think better sword 120,bush 120 and parry 60.
If you use special ablity, your mana ends because of a little use.

sampire who doesn't have mana dies easily.
I noticed in your sig it says sorry for my bad english... This may or not be the reason I dont really understand what you are saying other than "a sampire who doesn't have mana dies easily" I think we all could say the same thing about a pure mage in the middle of a fight :gee: but if somebody could explain this in a little more simple terms that would be most helpful

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
He means that you get a mana reduction on special moves when you have a certain amount of skill points split between the skills he listed.

At 200-299 points you get a 5 mana cost reduction, at 300 or higher you get 10. This is applied before LMC, so if you have 40 LMC, you would have an initial mana cost of 12 on armor ignore (30 base - 10 (if 300 skill points) = 20 - 40% = 12), which doubles to 24 on consecutive hits. Helps for spamming special moves. If you're not going to bother using them very often, don't worry about it really. But AI spam is quite nice.

Edit: And thinking about it, my explanation is still kind of hard to understand. Sorry, that's UO man.

R

RedMan99

I understand it a little more now but my question is what are the skills?
Wep skill
bush/ninja
parry?

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Semmerset listed the skills that qualify for the mana reduction in his post above.

Swordsmanship
Mace Fighting
Fencing
Archery
Ninjitsu
Bushido
Lumberjacking
Parrying
Poisoning
Stealth

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Semmerset listed the skills that qualify for the mana reduction in his post above.

Swordsmanship
Mace Fighting
Fencing
Archery
Ninjitsu
Bushido
Lumberjacking
Parrying
Poisoning
Stealth
I forgot one. Throwing also qualifies toward the mana reduction.