• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Samp. Suit...More Stam or Str?

Padre Dante

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am currently planning/building my first imbued suit, and I have reached a point that I need some help from those more experience than myself. For reference, my sampire is fairly cookie-cutter (swords, bush, tactics, anatomy, necro, chiv, and [currently] healing) with some other skills stoned or available (parrying, resist, focus).

Right now I am at a cross roads with choosing between the following options.

Option 1 - 131 Strength (128 HPs) and 140 Dexterity (181 Stamina), (and +7 Chiv)
Option 2 - 147 Strength (136 HPs) and 135 Dexterity (160 Stamina), (and +14 Chiv)
Option 3 - 147 Strength (136 HPs) and 135 Dexterity (152 Stamina), (and +14 Chiv), (and some leftover points for MR or SR...)

So the question comes down to how important is 180 stamina over 150 (I do not currently use pots). I usually use katanas (150 stamina shouldn't require any additional SSI, if I understand correctly) and double axes (I usually look for some SSI (~25-30) with those). If I can live with 150 stamina, then I can pick up some good extras (additional strength, HPs, Chiv, and maybe some regen.). Maybe I have answered my own question?

Thanks, in advance, for any help!

Lorax_Pacific

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You choose your stamina to be a buffer based on the creature you are fighting.
1. Determine how big a hit your stamina will take. A peerless or greater dragon or whatever tough creature can knock your stamina down 60 points per stomp. Other creatures barely knock stamina down 10 pts. Some creatures only do high stamina damage once every 10 seconds. Depending on playstyle too and weapon you may need the feint special to avoid getting stomped on and loosing stamina.
2. Choose your weapon
3. Determine the SSI to get your weapon choice to swing at 1.25s each 60, 90, 120, and 150 stamina
4. Add the creature stamina damage to the base stamina needed to swing at 1.25s. Thus, your stamina doesn't go below minimum to swing at maximum rate.
5. Determine needed stamina leech frequency

I try 90 or 120 stamina as a target when setting my SSI to a suit and then buffer the stamina above that. I try not to have SSI on the weapon because leaches percentages scale with SSI and SSI is a high property weight. It helps to put SSI on the suit when making all the slayer weapons.

-Lorax

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So the question comes down to how important is 180 stamina over 150 (I do not currently use pots). I usually use katanas (150 stamina shouldn't require any additional SSI, if I understand correctly)
Depends on the weapon you want to use. At first I was using Katana for the same reasons you list. I then dropped enhance potions from my jewels and added some DEX and STR.

With this was I was able to hit 186 stamina and 150 Str. I was also then able to swing a long sword (imbued with 30 SSI) at max swing. I found the longsword much better than the katana, and I think it also leeches more than the katana.

I did try bladed staff for a short time but didn't like not being able to chug pots. I don't really use pots unless emergency.

Padre Dante

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for the responses. Obviously, this conversation could drastically change over the next couple months with Pub 81. I will probably need to revisit then (and hold off on final suit design in the meantime). The good news is that my hybrid of human and platemail/chainmail sounds like it will be even more viable (personal choices over elf/wood)!

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Option 2

For swords, I run with 2 primary weapons to fight PvM. My bladed staff is my AI weapon and my radiant scimitar is my whirlwind weapon. I can swing my bladed staff at max speed (1.25s) at 150 stamina and 20 SSI. So I have him running with 145 hit points and 160 stamina. I have 80+ mana without pots. This is nice for chaining AIs and I never get into trouble with whirlwinds. Of course I make sure all of my weapons have near imbued max HML and HSL.

I also run this guy in protection so I can always remove curse in the event I get debuffed and my max stamina falls below 150.