• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Sam the Scribe is looking for a publisher.

Sam the Scribe

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello fellow storytellers!

My name is Sam, and my profession is Inscription. Although many of the day to day activities involved in this trade may seem mundane, in fact I am in a position to chronicle many interesting tales of adventure. My mentor, Lord Raven of Minoc has many associates who pass through his home and I chronicle their tales of adventure.

If you have followed any of the "epics" or even some of the smaller tales, you know that I love it when other folks jump in to the story and add chapters of their own. Since this forum is for storyteller's I thought this would be the best place to find co-authors as these adventures unfold. I want to make this forum the new home for the stories I tell.

Now, a bit about how I write these stories. I am not as immersed in role-play as many of you. In fact, sometimes when I'm in the writing mood, I'll just "q" a couple of friends who are in the story and we pose a couple screenies and that's it. We all have real life demands on our time and I try to make any online "screenie" session go quickly. The role playing happens in the story, not necessary online in UO. I am putting that out now so that if you decide to participate, I don't offend anyone when I slip into "director mode" and say "You stand here, you stand there... you say this..." *click* Ok, got it... thanks! *kal ort por* ;)

However, I do pop into character online at times and won't avoid an opportunity for RP if I have the time and I am not right in the middle of writing a chapter. This gives you the opportunity to weave these events into your own history and your own stories while contributing to entertainment for the masses.

So, that's it in a nutshell. If I see some interest I'll post more details. Currently I have two "epic" stories that I might finish, I am undecided at this time.

I also am starting a new storyline... look at my sig/avatar for a clue.

On a different note, one of my characters is the current General Manager of the Semperoper Theater in Malas/Atlantic. Maybe this forum is a good place to recruit amateur performers? I'll start a seperate thread for that though... that way if you PM me that you're interested, the messages will all have the same subject heading. (Help me keep organized pls.)

Thank you for your consideration of this matter.

Safe Travels, Sam