• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

SaLvage Bags

B

Banner

Can anyone tell me if you can set your savage bag to hold the stuff that you make after you make it? I mean instead of when you make it it goes in your main bag. then you have to put each item in the savage bag. I makes it hard when you have to stop and put every thing you made in your savage bag then recycle it?? Just trying to save time.

Thom

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you just want to use the bag on whatever your making the easiest way to do that would be to put your material into the bag before you start crafting. Then whatever you make will be in the bag.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Also, with the Salvage Bag (or any other bag), you must have ALL the ingredients in the same bag. For example, if you are making bone armor (which doesn't salvage, but is the best example for tailor), or a weapon that requires gems as well as metal (like the silver-etched mace), both the material types must be in the same bag, otherwise it will put the item you made into your backpack top level.

W

wee papa smurf

I dont mean to sound like a noob but iv seen salvage bags and dont have a clue what there for lol

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
See the sticky on this forum...

Salvage bags are bought from Provisioners.

you left click on one, and you get a choice of

Salvage All
Salvage Ingots
Salvage Cloth (also includes leathers)

choosing one of these options will salvage all items of the appropriate types that are in the bag that can be recycled for new material.

Note that the "reversed" leather armor that you normally cannot cut up WILL salvage in the bag (but bone armor still won't)

In addition, you will get ONE EXTRA INGOT BACK PER SMITH-TYPE METAL ITEM, over and above what one normally would get back (normal amounts are 0.66% times your mining skill, rounded down).

The whole process takes ONE SECOND (2 or 3 if Salvage all chosen, but there have been bugs with salvage all in the past so most don't use it), with all the items being recycled INSTANTLY, unlike the UO Assist Recycle agent that only salvages one item at a time (taking about 1 second per item). Between the quicker time and the bonus ingot return, it's vastly superior to the UO Assist feature that inspired it.

You still need scissors in the top level of your pack for the Salvage bag to work on cloth & leather, and some sort of Smithing tool (I prefer tongs, due to weight) in the top level of the pack to salvage ingots, and be next to a forge & anvil (a fire beetle can count as the forge, but you still need an anvil)