• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Saltpeter mining broken?

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So maybe it's the RNG, but....

Since the last Publish, I've mined precisely zero saltpeter in the usual spots I work ('dungeon' areas in Trammel, mainly the passages to Lost Lands). I know you don't find much, but I could reliably expect for an hour or so of mining to get at least 1-2 saltpeter deposits, now though absolutely none seem to be showing up. In desperation I've tried all the settings possible on the pickaxe for ore, ore and stones, ore and gems - couple of hours on each setting made no difference, still no saltpeter. Tried varying the luck on my miner up to the mid 1400s, still nothing.He's 100 skill plus mining gloves, and never had any difficulty getting the stuff in the past.

Anyone else having this issue? I'm certainly not going to buy the stuff off the NPCs, who are currently asking 250 per 'unit', since 6 are needed to make a single black powder!

zamot

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So maybe it's the RNG, but....

Since the last Publish, I've mined precisely zero saltpeter in the usual spots I work ('dungeon' areas in Trammel, mainly the passages to Lost Lands). I know you don't find much, but I could reliably expect for an hour or so of mining to get at least 1-2 saltpeter deposits, now though absolutely none seem to be showing up. In desperation I've tried all the settings possible on the pickaxe for ore, ore and stones, ore and gems - couple of hours on each setting made no difference, still no saltpeter. Tried varying the luck on my miner up to the mid 1400s, still nothing.He's 100 skill plus mining gloves, and never had any difficulty getting the stuff in the past.

Anyone else having this issue? I'm certainly not going to buy the stuff off the NPCs, who are currently asking 250 per 'unit', since 6 are needed to make a single black powder!
I have tried this just now and have been unable to mine saltpeter also. something else that I have noticed is that I fail at smelting bronze ore and higher at a significant high rate. I do have 100 mining real skill. It seems that something is wrong . Luckily I have a stash of saltpeter. I just hope that it is fixed before I run out.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Frarc checked earlier, he was able to mine saltpeter.
I believe he got it in the abyss.

zamot

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Frarc checked earlier, he was able to mine saltpeter.
I believe he got it in the abyss.
I tried in despise, and the cave going to Dread horn. I burned thru 10 shovels and did not get a single niter deposit. What skills does Frarc have on his character? Is he using the mining gloves to get 105 skill? I am not using the gloves and am at 100
How much luck? I have 1490 without the statue.

I do not have blacksmith on this character, does Frarc?

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was able to mine Saltpeter in the Abyss near Sutek the mage. I have a 1889 Luck Suit + 850 (2739) Luck from the statue. To mine Saltpeter, just dig 1 time . If no saltpeter comes up on first dig, move a few steps and try again. Saltpeter always comes up at first dig i their is any.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I tried in despise, and the cave going to Dread horn. I burned thru 10 shovels and did not get a single niter deposit. What skills does Frarc have on his character? Is he using the mining gloves to get 105 skill? I am not using the gloves and am at 100
How much luck? I have 1490 without the statue.

I do not have blacksmith on this character, does Frarc?
No gloves, no smithing . Just GM mining in a luck suit.

This Screenshot was taken at 15:43 CEST my time when Petra mentioned it to me and i went to check it out. Thats about 4,5 hours ago.

Last edited:

zamot

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was able to mine Saltpeter in the Abyss near Sutek the mage. I have a 1889 Luck Suit + 850 (2739) Luck from the statue. To mine Saltpeter, just dig 1 time . If no saltpeter comes up on first dig, move a few steps and try again. Saltpeter always comes up at first dig i their is any.
Thanks for responding. I have been mining it that way. One dig and move on if no niter deposit shows up. I only went to check when I saw the thread about having issues.

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wonder if they have just tweaked the 'dungeons' and passages to Lost Lands, then ... I'll try exploring other places and see what happens!

zamot

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wonder if they have just tweaked the 'dungeons' and passages to Lost Lands, then ... I'll try exploring other places and see what happens!
Must be RNG. I went out to try again and dug a deposit up within 3 swings. Spirituality gate in Ilsh. Thanks for the help Frarc

Oh I did increase my luck to 1690, other than that nothing changed between trys

Also, I still am failing at smelting Bronze ore. I will admit that I have not been mining in a long time but dont remember failing his much at the lower level Ore's

Last edited:

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
I was able to get niter pretty quick with 1420 luck while boat mining.

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
After much mining, I think the issue may be a mixture of things ...

Still getting absolutely none in the 'tunnels' to the lost lans where I did most of my mining in the past, and I'm reasonably sure even the RNG does not hate me THAT much - whereas mining in Covetous has suddenly started producing lots of saltpeter (and ironically verite and valorite!) so that may be down to the RNG, and I'm guessing at some point in recent patches the status of the tunnel areas was changed from counting as 'dungeons' for mining.