• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

SAD...

• Thread starter Longforge
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
L

Longforge

Well folks, after so very very many years of Oceania... and coming back to a shard that is just a ghost town (compared to what it used to be)... I'm packing up and moving to Atlantic.

Seems anymore that PvP is the only live action left... being in the US, that isn't very fun. :gee: I'm a PvM'er and Merchant... even Luna has gone to pasture.

Not to mention... nobody is really left from the good ole glory days.

Good luck my long time aussie co-players... y'all were an excellent bunch of folks to play with for so many years! :sad3:

Isaac OC

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well folks, after so very very many years of Oceania... and coming back to a shard that is just a ghost town (compared to what it used to be)... I'm packing up and moving to Atlantic.

Seems anymore that PvP is the only live action left... being in the US, that isn't very fun. :gee: I'm a PvM'er and Merchant... even Luna has gone to pasture.

Not to mention... nobody is really left from the good ole glory days.

Good luck my long time aussie co-players... y'all were an excellent bunch of folks to play with for so many years! :sad3:
A Merchant !! We love merchants !! We need lots of Powder of Fortifications and Imbuing Ingredients !

and some artifacts like: mace reading glasses, fey leggings, hat of the magi (or crown of talkeesh), conjurer garb, ornament of magician, spirit of the totem, totem of the void, conjurer trinket, tangle, crimson cincture, slither, plane swords ...

PVM are still very much alive believe, but people just got bored doing it lately.
Navery maybe still a favourite for its tangle, or travesty/melisande for crimson, but we all already have that so... less artifacts farming. Imbuing is the only activity most people do, since it's still new and suits/weapons upgrading is really fun (there's always things need changing if you change skills etc).

PVP is the only "unlimited" fun I can find so far, either you win with skills/experience or win with numbers, or bring out the "kraken" ! (or greater dragons).

Everything else... doesn't really interest me anymore, apart from, spending gold in Atlantic and xfer them back, because can't find what I need in Oceania vendors.

What do you normally do?

L

Longforge

I'm training a few characters at the moment. Doing quite a bit of resource gathering too - doing some smith bods to get some POF.

Until I can get my imbuing character up to standards and get my fighters/tamer up to par on armor... Im just kind of playing the "loner" route!!!

Although I havent x-sharded any items yet... you almost have to anymore because of the absolute tragedy the Oceania vendor economy is. Luna is just terrible... and whoever that "oceania hall, etc..." person is who owns half of it doesnt help much.

Ive considered a one stop shop vendor mall in Luna, like I once ran with relative ease... maybe even have an auction house too... but since I've been back... the state of Oceania (eg: people still about) is rather discouraging.

Isaac OC

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Although I havent x-sharded any items yet... you almost have to anymore because of the absolute tragedy the Oceania vendor economy is. Luna is just terrible... and whoever that "oceania hall, etc..." person is who owns half of it doesnt help much.

Ive considered a one stop shop vendor mall in Luna, like I once ran with relative ease... maybe even have an auction house too... but since I've been back... the state of Oceania (eg: people still about) is rather discouraging.
I am also disappointed with this guy who owns 10 plots, he doesnt help much! That person happens to be me :)

I did invite people to put up vendors, for free!! But it is not the problem. It is a chicken and egg problem. People stop putting up goods, because no one buying them, people stop buying because they already have it, people dont put up goods for sale because they know they cant get them in oceania anymore once sold, and if they end up putting them up, it will be the price they bought it for (atlantic price) or otherwise they might as well sell them back in atlantic as they xfer powerscrolls, transcedence, faction horse or silver to atlantic regularly. And at atlantic price, ehm, who have money to buy 15m 120magery if they didnt fork real money for it, and gold sellers only stock atlantic money! (or charge you extra). And it just keep on looping in the circle of death.

I like your idea of an auction house! Something that i have also done in the past, bought some goods in atlantic and xfer them. But then people get sceptic that i was doing it for a big profit while i end up losing money because the xfer token is expensive!!

But... dont let me put you off! I like auctions, i like quick events, (scavenger hunt is not my thing, it is too long and my brain cant cope with puzzles)

We can talk and discuss more, as long as it is not about buying my luna houses. :) they are another reason i keep on playing, to become THE ONLY Luna land lord, muahahaha (just kidding).

M

MoonBeam[TBD]

can i put up vendors at your luna house? Couple of us in TBD would like to accually.

Lady-Tor

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had been considering coming back to UO, but decided to give LOTRO a go... and was dissapointed. Maybe I'll come back.

M

MoonBeam(TBD)

So I'm guess the lack of an answer means..... no.

D

Deneya

can i put up vendors at your luna house? Couple of us in TBD would like to accually.
Isaac, wake up! Someone wants to put vendors at one of your houses.

Oh, and I really think you should reconsider selling some of your Luna houses. The reason it is a ghost town is because you own most of the houses therefore no one really ventures there :p

M

MoonBeam[TBD]

People complain cause luna is a ghost town but NO ONE can place vendors or the rent is STUPID expensive. Wish those that dont play would turn off their accounts and let there houses fall so others can have a shot at the market game.

Isaac OC

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry, i have been busy :)

PM me with your ICQ or MSN. My vendor house account (north west - hall of fame) is going to be active in a few days. I want to place people vendors within the active period only (every 90 days). Bryson Fox and P O Cove may also able to put up vendors for you when my house account is not active, just ask kindly :)

And i am not selling, Deneya :) Not yet. They are reserved to be given away to active friends when i retire, someday, and you are one of them.

Why people dont venture Luna if i own Luna houses there.

There were 2 idocs for the last 3 months, i attended them and lost placing (i was hidden). Congrats to new owners! We shall meet again at the next idoc.

D

Deneya

Sorry, i have been busy :)

Why people dont venture Luna if i own Luna houses there.

There were 2 idocs for the last 3 months, i attended them and lost placing (i was hidden). Congrats to new owners! We shall meet again at the next idoc.

There were 2 idocs in Luna in the last 3 months? I totally missed those...

P

PoCove

Hi all ..I to have one of the Luna Housed thet have some items stocked .. I also offer FREE vendor spots .. But since Ilive in Canada I have limited access to playtime with the guildies And Pvp is a joke ..with lag I die way to easily