• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Sad State of Siege Economy

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I understand what you are saying about the idocs and what not. We, Gilfane, have an organized system for finding and tracking them. We've put a lot of time and effort into that. That being said, we are happy to share the wealth, particularly if you are new to the shard and looking for resources. All you have to do is speak up and ask. If we know you are training carpentry and need a ton of lumber, we can make sure you get it.

As for scrolls, we sell anything we don't need on a vendor in New Magincia. Contrary to popular belief, we don't have a stash of 120 myst or 120 Magery scrolls. They are hard to come by. There is always someone in Gilfane who is training one or the other.

Crafting: Yes, it's too easy to make a suit, but if you are new and need an LRC suit, you should just ask. Someone will be happy to make one for you.

We give away a lot of stuff so please don't make us out to be the bad guys. We enjoy farming and idocing because it gives us something social to do as a group. We have specific rules to make sure all who participate share in the wealth at the end. Most of us don't need the gold or the loot. We've been running auctions to help pay for every governors trade deals. Many of the items for auction come from our own guild members who are happy to see these items out of their houses and into the hands of someone else who wants or needs them.

And yes, I agree the economy is inflated but if someone puts an item on a vendor below market rate it will just be bought by someone else who will place it on their vendor for a higher amount. I'd rather sell stuff to someone who needs it in a private sale.
Sorry, but LOL

Kael

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I recall like seven years ago trying to buy decent weapons and always being out bid by more veteran members of Siege. It certainly wasn't Gilfane outbidding me for the pvp weapons. I just started to farm more, worked the champ spawns, made a ton from idocs and eventually was able to get the items I needed. The economy is out of whack on Siege. But more so from people xsharding and the value of veteran rewards skyrocketing in price.

Bo Bo

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Wouldnt it be great if they put a system into place, where with a little bit of work you could get good useable gear.
Bo said it before, not having that here is only going to hurt new players to the shard, and those with less goldies. What most fail to realize is its only going to get worse. Why you say, cause those with the gold will horde all the decent gear they can get there hands on, or the resources to make that sorta gear.

Reactions: Kat

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
We can't have VvV gear, that only can be used of VvV players, then better some arti drop from the spawn, that can be used of all. Problem with new loot is, it's a pain to put together to a suit.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

I had a long drawn out reply, full of accusations, innuendos, hearsay, and just general meanness. Then I realized it would either get the thread locked, or get me further negatively labeled. So instead I copy/pasted it into a text doc for possible future use, because it was just so damn brilliant. :p

Nice to have seen you in game at the Governors meeting though Ian, i keep track of the number of times I have, on my left hand. I've almost run out of fingers and will need to switch soon :)

Bo Bo

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
We can't have VvV gear, that only can be used of VvV players, then better some arti drop from the spawn, that can be used of all. Problem with new loot is, it's a pain to put together to a suit.
No the problem is you are forcing people to play your game.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
No the problem is you are forcing people to play your game.
No UO is not only about PvP, what make Siege great is, we need all playtypes.
Before you used a lot time killing monsters for Silver, why not kill them for armor pieces or stuff you can trade for armor. There are 20 shards, where you can get the VvV artifacts but you did choose Siege, so why ruin what we have here

icm420

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just an outsiders view here, I have logged on siege randomly for a few years now, ran around and tried to play. I rarely see anyone.. which is boring as hell. .Righty was the one who got me set up on siege originally and he ended up quitting shortly after. I still feel as tho I owe him one for all his help. I met some guy one day who gave me 2 lrc suits and tried to help me out a bit more. Unfortunately about a week later I had to take an extended break due to RL issues and when I came back a few months later his house was gone. I wish I could remember his name but since that day I've not encountered a single person. This was around when imbue first came out. I am a mystic mage (changed from tamer) so I can't do a lot of the key things in the game, crafting as big example. This is all fine and I love that part, but it hinges on an essential thing.. the community of siege... and it's just not there. 3 times in the past few years I've seen more then 2 people talking in chat and it seemed to be friends and were discussing RL things. The few things I've seen on vendors were too expensive for me to justify purchasing.

My point is as an outsider it is extremely hard to get into siege. I did the NEW guild stuff, which was pointless honestly, and never really found anyone to play with. The idea of running around naked is not too exciting to me either especially considering I saw righty's suit before he quit and it was on par with my suits on production shards. So you vets who have played on siege for a long time have such an advantage that honestly I don't see the point in trying to compete. I will never kill a guy wearing an orny in an all 70s 100lrc suit blah blah. So to me the shard that should NOT be item based is entirely item based and will never grow because there is no reason to go there. The faction arti's were something I was super duper pumped about seeing because it finally meant I could level the playing field and to my dismay they were not available. So from my outside view Siege is unattainable. I could spend years and years grinding out an existence, primarily by myself and maybe have some fun.. OR I could keep playing on prod shards where I can do more then be only a myst mage. And no I won't open 6 accounts to have 6 siege characters.. as most people do.

I don't want to seem like I am whining or something, I'm just stating the experiences I had on siege and why even tho I have tried to play there I just simply can't.

And yes I do believe every vet on this server has the type of suit Righty had, a high end artifact suit with nice imbued/reforged fillers.

I hope i am wrong about the majority of this but it's not what I encountered in my time on Siege.

icm420

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I should add that the reason I felt the NEW guild was pointless was they really only offered anti pk protection which doesn't mean much when there is no one to pk you.. unless of course I just never saw them.. blah blah i still don't buy that crap that you guys are lurking everywhere. I never found stealthing to be that much fun , but I suppose the entire shard of siege could..

Zalfein

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Rico,
a year or two ago I wandered back in here and at the time there was a huge reductions in standing houses. IDOCs everyday, everyweek. There were three or four guilds who dominated at the time and still largely do. You could count on them to be there vacuuming the stuff up. I couldn't get my hand on anything nor could any other newcomer unless they bandwagoned into one of those guilds.
I would have to disagree here. I've been on Siege for about 2 years and I've done my share of IDOCs and I wasn't in into "one of those guilds", I was solo. It was accessible for anyone willing to search the land to find them and having sense enough to use stealth/ninja. Animal form and paying attention to spells being casted was the key. The only problem was no bumping into other stealthers during big IDOCs.

Small ones were easy, a few people too focused on looting to try to reveal and kill (most of the time, you didn't have to hide because no one was into killing).

For the rest, there was usually plenty of chaos (and if not, you advertize the idoc to create some) to stealth in and grab stuff.
If it was near water, you could even board your ship holding an overweight container or stack.

Worst case scenario, you could load a box, die, and win big keeping blessed stuff (instant sorting). Of course, big guilds would get more, but they would have to split the loot too.

Zalfein

Zalfein

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just an outsiders view here, I have logged on siege randomly for a few years now, ran around and tried to play. I rarely see anyone.. which is boring as hell.
One of the problem, people try to do stuff without others knowing, because they don't want their hunt or whatever they do being crashed. I would say that most go radio silent on General Chat when they do stuff.

I remember a time when you had to be really careful about what you say in general chat. Saying something like "I need to raise my loyalty to the Garg Queen" would mean someone was waiting for you at the Toxic Slith hunt area.

Zalfein

Greer

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So some guy comes in here after not playing for six years and gets people all wound up at each other over the economy which is controlled by the developers and not the players. Interesting. I wonder if he will stay longer than thirty days or if he's just starting crap?

SpyderBite

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So some guy comes in here after not playing for six years and gets people all wound up at each other over the economy which is controlled by the developers and not the players. Interesting. I wonder if he will stay longer than thirty days or if he's just starting crap?
Developers control the economy? Please elaborate. Because I've never had a developer give me a price check on a vet reward.

Reactions: Kat

IanJames

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Garth, due to my RL schedule my playtime is limited to either early mornings or small spots on the weekend currently. I attend Governors meetings for Hoffs if she is unavailable. How much you see me in game is irrelevant.

ApollyonSP

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
No offense, but many of you are as ignorant of SP economy as you are of RL economy. Here are a few simple lessons that everybody should know.

1. The developers do NOT control nor influence the economy.

Because all economic systems are driven by producer-consumer supply & demand. So which goods are in high and low demand on SP? Which goods are over stocked? These questions and answers are relatively simple. Very rare gears, weapons, armors, decorations, items, are always in high demand. So these will have the greatest prices. The shard is old. So reg prices, lumber, ingots, raw materials are all very, very low. Because they've been stockpiled over the years. Furthermore there is no NEED nor DEMAND to stockpile resources, since crafting professions are nearly useless.

2. Inflation/Deflation

Inflation is a natural occurrence of EVERY economic system, whether on a video game or in real life. Inflation occurs by the printing of money, or in the circumstance of SP, the hoarding of gold collected from monsters. UO gold is accumulated by killing monsters which introduce gold into the economy. Player-to-player transactions DO NOT AFFECT inflation/deflation. Why not? Because the gold is circulated, not destroyed. The only time deflation occurs in SP and UO is when a wealthy player quits the game without giving any goods away. This rarely happens because houses get looted during IDOCs. So wealth doesn't disappear. Gold sinks also cause deflation. But with a long running economy and game like ultima online, deflation is a moot point. The only players deflation would help, is new players to the shard. But this is negligible, because GIL and other wealthy players give newbies 1 mil gold frequently. So there's no actual need for deflation. A better thing to do for the game and shard, would be to make crafting or resource gathering profitable for new players. But that solution is actually very complicated, and so will probably not ever be accomplished. Therefore inflation will stay the norm. It's not a big deal.

3. Economic Stagnancy

This is the REAL PROBLEM here, not inflation, and not the developers. The real problem with SP is that trading has all but ceased. Because there simply is no reason to trade, buy, and sell. What is being bought and sold, and between whom? It's already been mentioned in this thread, but new players are averse to vet players. Vet players control the economy, and intentionally lock it and keep it stagnant. Therefore it is the veteran players' fault, only, nobody else, who is responsible for the main economic woe of SP. Veteran players are to blame.

But, how big of a problem is this really? Speaking for myself, I don't mind the stagnant economy. Because I only want to buy, sell, and trade rare house decos. Everything else is secondary to me. But a stagnant economy makes it very difficult for new players to come in and stay on SP. What should be done about this? Other than a major overhaul of game mechanics, including crafting and gathering, and pvp (VvV), new players just need to follow through and fight the uphill battle. New players should realize that longtime vets are NOT on your side. They're not here to help you, truly. You have to do it all yourself. Because the Vet players are inclusive and form little petty popularity cliques, like sitting at this or that table during high school. You don't want to play popularity games, do you? Then you have to rise up and go against the vets.

The vets will lock you out of the economy, and shard, if you don't "play their game". So just do it all yourself. That's my recommendation and suggestion. Go against the grain.

Here's my best question. How long should it take before a new player becomes viable on SP? 1 year? 2 or 3 years??? This is a serious question. How long before a new player can compete against 10 year vet players??? I believe that given a year, the average new player should be able to compete toe to toe against all vet players with a minor disadvantage. After 2 or 3 years, the medium length player should be "equal" in most terms to vet players. As it stands right now, newbies really cannot compete against vet players, even after 2 or 3 years. So yes, this does dissuade and turn a lot of new players away from SP.

I only stayed as long as I have, because I'm stubborn and like challenges. Although I have almost no time to play SP since I rejoined. I have like 10 hours per month that I can spend in game.

So until I have more time, I really can't do much at all.

Greer

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Developers control the economy? Please elaborate. Because I've never had a developer give me a price check on a vet reward.
They have the power to control everything about the economy including how much currency or items are in circulation, and they also have the power to remove anything duped or suspicious. Whether they do or not is a different story. They could easily fix it if they wanted to. It does not seem that the economy issues have ever been a high priority for very long though. Being mad because someone who has played year after year and has saved their money or items does just not make much sense to me. Much like in real life, some work hard and save and others blow through every dollar they ever have.

icm420

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here's my best question. How long should it take before a new player becomes viable on SP? 1 year? 2 or 3 years??? This is a serious question. How long before a new player can compete against 10 year vet players??? I believe that given a year, the average new player should be able to compete toe to toe against all vet players with a minor disadvantage. After 2 or 3 years, the medium length player should be "equal" in most terms to vet players. As it stands right now, newbies really cannot compete against vet players, even after 2 or 3 years. So yes, this does dissuade and turn a lot of new players away from SP.

I only stayed as long as I have, because I'm stubborn and like challenges. Although I have almost no time to play SP since I rejoined. I have like 10 hours per month that I can spend in game.

So until I have more time, I really can't do much at all.

My point tho is why fight the uphill battle? For an older UO experience? Not to be a jerk but I know of 'other places' to play that have more people present then siege does! And the ruleset is before tram.

But that's the thing, siege offers that uphill battle for an extreme challenge.

I totally get people don't want to say hey I'm over in X dungeon because people show up. But on a server such as this, you are either self sufficient OR you rely on other people. To be self sufficient requires at least 2 accounts and/or approx. 6 soul stones. I'm not willing to do that, especially considering I can have a more exciting and enjoyable experience for free. Just my feelings on it.

Kattasrophe

Sage
Stratics Veteran
okay... I just have one question.. So we are saying that the problem is people hoarding items? Then how about all of us do like a group hunt in Doom when it opens up for the special arty thing and if we get more than one item we share it with someone else that doesn't have one. Sure this doesn't really help the economy as a whole but it would be a great way to get everyone together to have some fun and do something kind :) What do you all think? And yes... I know this does not help with suits of armor and gold... But its the thought that counts :)

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
ApollyonSP... You forgot to mention the super clandestine cabal the meets in secret under Buc's den to shape the future of Siege. We have robes and a secret hand shake, even.

:tinhat:

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not sure if I'll stick around after RtB yet, but then again, I'm not sure how that relates at all to what I have witnessed in my short time back.

I played about 8 hours over the weekend and yet I saw a total of 4 people the whole time. 3 people who were busy doing "stuff" in their homes and the one person I saw in town was orange and high tailed it as soon as they saw my name pop up in their screen.

Sure there was plenty of discussion taking place in Gen Chat, but that doesn't amount to much if they are all hidden or not actually playing.

Back to the subject of the thread...the state of the economy and your false claim that the developers control it.

Even if that were true on the production shards, it certainly isn't true on Siege. Siege is and Siege always be the closest thing to a player run shard. Siege over it's long history has never gotten much from the developers. We have always been the problem child that required them to make additional modifications to their coding just so the most recent patches worked on our shard.

The economy on Siege had always been buffered from the players who were in-game for rl cash only. Duping was a rare event, and the economy hummed along because of it. During my absence from the game, I noticed that prices on Siege had inflated terribly, and I was interested in why...and thus started this thread.

I have no idea who you are nor do I care, if you knew anything about Siege or this forum, you'd understand that discussions like this are not a bad thing, nor something to stir up the forum participants. It's merely to start a dialog and find out if there is any way to eliminate it ourselves.

PS: Ask around, over the years I have been a huge proponent of Siege and spent much of my own time as a player and forum poster recruiting for the shard...and not as a Stratics nor EA volunteer, but as someone who truly cared about the health of the place I called home for many years...la

Last edited:

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ApollyonSP... You forgot to mention the super clandestine cabal the meets in secret under Buc's den to shape the future of Siege.
LOL, I was looking for the cave entrance this weekend, but for some reason couldn't find it. Loved messing around in the caves back in the day when groups actually played on that island...la

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Even if that were true on the production shards, it certainly isn't true on Siege. Siege is and Siege always be the closest thing to a player run shard. Siege over it's long history has never gotten much from the developers. We have always been the problem child that required them to make additional modifications to their coding just so the most recent patches worked on our shard.
I believe this have changed the last years. Mesanna and her group do care how changes effect Siege and some of the changes like the second house and Mythic Character Token working on Siege only happen because the shard asked for them, Mesanna even logged into the shard to hear the players of the shard and not only the vocal posters of Stratics. In the past, we was the step child, now I feel we do have a lot of respect from the Devs and they do listen to us.

The economy on Siege had always been buffered from the players who were in-game for rl cash only. Duping was a rare event, and the economy hummed along because of it. During my absence from the game, I noticed that prices on Siege had inflated terribly, and I was interested in why...and thus started this thread.
Trading Siege gold for RL cash or for gold on other shards do not really bring a lot more gold to the shard, it only move it around. Less players and less PK's may have made it easier to farm gold from monsters and a lot IDOC with piles of check may have done, that the players left got more gold. I remember long ago, I found a bag with 25 mill. At that time, I only had few mills so it allowed me to buy a castle. Else I made most of my gold from crafting and selling on my vendors, so that gold was already in the game, just on other hands. I don't have that many mills, there are still room in my bank for a lot of other stuff.

PS: Ask around, over the years I have been a huge proponent of Siege and spent much of my own time as a player and forum poster recruiting for the shard...and not as a Stratics nor EA volunteer, but as someone who truly cared about the health of the place I called home for many years...la
That is true, you did bring a lot of players to Siege.

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I believe this have changed the last years. Mesanna and her group do care how changes effect Siege and some of the changes like the second house and Mythic Character Token working on Siege only happen because the shard asked for them, Mesanna even logged into the shard to hear the players of the shard and not only the vocal posters of Stratics. In the past, we was the step child, now I feel we do have a lot of respect from the Devs and they do listen to us.
I think we'll have to agree to disagree on this issue being good for the shard.

I've always wanted to the shard thrive and grow, but not by means of attracting people who would only play Siege if they could keep their houses on the productions shards or those who said they didn't play because it was too hard to train skills.

I have been all over the mainland this weekend. If you knew nothing about UO or Siege, you might actually think the shard was packed with active players if you used the number of homes/plots as a measure. We all know different. Players should never have been given the option to have a house on Siege without risking a house on a production shard. All you do by giving in to them is take away good housing from the players who actually want Siege to be their main shard. How many of us dropped homes on production shards once we decided Siege was where we were going to call home?

As far as the character tokens...again...instant gratification which is what kept the population full of players who wanted to play Siege. Sure some players hated RoT...all that told me was that Siege wasn't for them...so be it, the server was better off then, imho...la

SpyderBite

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The housing and mythic character tokens were typical of the slippery slope that we, as a server, had rallied against a decade ago. Yet, the Siege community seems to have given up the fight in exchange for a handful of people who placed homes and then never returned. I'm not sure if their homes decay if they don't log in to Siege or if by playing on prodo servers they get to keep their homes. But, they shouldn't be allowed to place a home and never return. That defeats the purpose of allowing a second home on Siege. And it takes away open lots that new players could place on.

As for the Mythic character tokens. Meh. If they buy one, use it and then don't continue to play on Siege, then its more money for Broadsword/EA to put towards development and no effect on Siege. I'd hazard a guess that very few people who bought the tokens weren't new to Siege and less likely still around.

Back on topic..

Its all been hashed out in previous replies. But, people still want to opt for a change in the game mechanics instead of a change in player behavior. With the exception of removing blessed items, when was a change to the mechanics of Siege ever a good idea?

Just like any economy, there must be a buyer and a seller. If everybody is self sufficient, then there is no buyer or seller. It really is that simple. The only people carrying what is left of the current economy are lazy people like me who would rather hit the Vendor Search and then buy an item that somebody else has farmed or crafted.

There was a day when I would stop by Patty Pickaxe's shop to place an order for ten or twenty exceptional suits which would just about get me through the week due to my poor PvP skills. ;) I hit the Pawn Shop for reagents and of course the DTA vendors for things like empty kegs, daggers, etc.

Since I've been back I've noticed that majority of the vendors that have the things I need to purchase pretty regularly, are slow to restock or the prices are inflated to the point of laughable. For 3 weeks, there have been 2 Assassin Spikes on any vendor. Most weapons for sale for that matter, are farmed not crafted. I'm not blaming the Vendors. Everybody is out farming their own suits, weapons and resources. Why bother wasting the vendor fees, right?

Personally, I don't think there is a solution to the inflation of our economy. The proverbial damage has been done. If nobody is crafting anything anymore, then others have no reason to collect and sell resources either. Our economy has basically become a rummage sale for farmed items.

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have to disagree with players not being able to deflate the economy. It's rather simple. Don't buy from the jagoffs that price like they are on a production shard.

Sure they may buy up all the other vendors who price lower and then sit on those items, but as long as people still pay their asking price...they will continue to charge that much.

I know that doesn't lead to the instant gratification of owning what you want, but at the same time, as a player base, if we stick together a prevent the market from continuing along this path, we can get it better. Maybe not back to what it once was, but certainly better than it is now...la

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm more than willing to put crafting skills on and just pound out things that people need/want. It beats logging in and staring at the floor, which i've done a lot of lately. What I don't want to do is produce a bunch of suits only to have a reseller grab them and mark them up or use them to offset their own costs, imbue them or whatever, and then sell them at an inflated cost.

ApollyonSP

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Bringing in new players is good in general, not just for the economy but for the shard.

However the current economy does really turn new players away, along with the siege ruleset. This is good and bad. We should focus on recruiting new players AS A SHARD AND AS A TEAM. I will lead this team. And part of recruiting a new playerbase, is to reconcile differences between vets and new players. Vets need to give up a lot of power, wealth, exclusivity. So cooperation may not work out so well.

However, even a new player base may not improve the economy.

To improve the economy, a group of merchants need to actively participate, trade more, and simply be online. The lack of online players is critical. I would run some projects myself, but lack time.

There have been a couple good players over the previous 2 years who've given the merchant service a shot. There was Pendragon and York , who both attempted to create a siege perilous market place.

Also the guy who ran the shard Casino did really well, until he was shunned by the shard for stealing from Kattasrophe.

EDIT: the Gilfane auctions were big successes. Shard auctions are great.

This is part of the problem I'm talking about. If you don't appeal to the vets, then they'll run you off the shard. When there is already severely low amounts of players. The vets have a bad attitude, and I think this more than anything, keeps new players from coming to the shard. And Tina Tink convinces herself she's helping with "NEW2" guild, while I need to doubt this. Freja has not been producing results with her NEW2 guild. So she needs to change her tactics.

Overall, for the shard and economy, we should do a shard wide, team effort, recruiting campaign. Bring players from other shards #1. Bring new players to the game #2. We should do both.

ApollyonSP

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Good luck with "your team" .
Thank you for proving my point

This is the exact attitude everybody needs to change around here, in order to bring in new players

However I understand if a few of you vets are completely conservative, not open to change, close minded, and unwilling to help in any greater cause

Greer

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not sure if I'll stick around after RtB yet, but then again, I'm not sure how that relates at all to what I have witnessed in my short time back.

I have no idea who you are nor do I care, if you knew anything about Siege or this forum, you'd understand that discussions like this are not a bad thing, nor something to stir up the forum participants. It's merely to start a dialog and find out if there is any way to eliminate it ourselves.
Sounds more like your an advanced level troll to me. Just my opinion.

Guardian KX

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
By the way, to answer your question, the Veteran players are to blame here. The veteran guilds and players, like Gilfane, have hoarded billions of gold and rares over the years. The economy is stagnant. New players have access to nothing, and generally "get help" like 1 million gold donation from vet players.

This is wrong, and cause for the inflation. Blame the Veterans (like Tina_Tink).
Almost every Gilfane is Mega rich, every Gilfane owns a castle or a keep (If not it's a house in some prime location)(In fact the sec you become Gilfane someone hands you a high level house IMO). Most the Gilfane don't PvP in any way UNLESS its to fight for ANOTHER castle location. Gilfane, IMO, are simply the most greedy guild on the shard PERIOD. I'm not saying that they are bad people or not helpful... I'm just saying they are real estate and rare motivated. If a house falls with ANY value what so ever, either space or possible rares, usually you'll find 5 Gilfane placing storage houses in the area and 10-15 on when the timer falls.

Greer

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Almost every Gilfane is Mega rich, every Gilfane owns a castle or a keep (If not it's a house in some prime location)(In fact the sec you become Gilfane someone hands you a high level house IMO). Most the Gilfane don't PvP in any way UNLESS its to fight for ANOTHER castle location. Gilfane, IMO, are simply the most greedy guild on the shard PERIOD. I'm not saying that they are bad people or not helpful... I'm just saying they are real estate and rare motivated. If a house falls with ANY value what so ever, either space or possible rares, usually you'll find 5 Gilfane placing storage houses in the area and 10-15 on when the timer falls.
Wow, you seem to be so jealous of those Gilfane folk.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Please excuse the ignorance if I'm wrong, since Siege isn't my main shard....but isn't it kinda easy to get a castle or keep on Siege anyway since there's so few players and so much land? I know on other shards with low population like Oceania you can pretty much go out and find a spot to place a castle in about an hour.

Last edited:

Kattasrophe

Sage
Stratics Veteran
*arms Flail* Lets not point fingers how about instead of blaming each other we do something about it? I mentioned the idea of a doom run together earlier well here is another idea. How about we have a ''Merchant's Corner'' in one of the towns. We can build ''stalls'' with tables and everyone has a few items to sell/buy/or trade. This would help the economy wouldn't it?

P.S Before I came to Siege I played on Chessy. I still have houses there as well as my houses on Siege. I have not truly played Chessy since I came to Siege Perilous over a year ago. I understand where you are coming from Rico about the whole if they wanted to play Siege then they should drop their houses on the other shard, but I think of my other houses on Chessy kind of like a memory of what I did in the past. Like.. oh I forgot about this little thing I did or this event.. things of that sort. :)

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
*arms Flail* Lets not point fingers how about instead of blaming each other we do something about it? I mentioned the idea of a doom run together earlier well here is another idea. How about we have a ''Merchant's Corner'' in one of the towns. We can build ''stalls'' with tables and everyone has a few items to sell/buy/or trade. This would help the economy wouldn't it?
That kinda already exists in the New Magincia stalls doesn't it? You would just need to convince people to actually use them and stock them.

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I bumped an old thread to kinda show everyone the speed in which the Siege economy has inflated...la

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I bumped an old thread to kinda show everyone the speed in which the Siege economy has inflated...la
Just a random question for you, does duping exist on Siege? That's always been the main source of huge inflation on production shards, not sure what would cause Siege inflation other than hoarding if it doesn't exist there.

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm sure it happened, but I can't say for sure (lol, never did understand the mechanics behind duping). With that said, it didn't happen with the frequency it did on the production shards.

I know I helped a GM find a whole castle full of the old purple items...was funny to see it all go poof...la

Kattasrophe

Sage
Stratics Veteran
That kinda already exists in the New Magincia stalls doesn't it? You would just need to convince people to actually use them and stock them.
not talking about resource ones.. and if you are just talking about regular vendors well sure, that might be true but again It would be better if we all are communicating having a mini merchant's corner event wouldn't be such a horrible idea.

Bo Bo

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
To help clear things up.
You can place a house here and on a prodo shard without them fallin (1 house on prodo and 1 house on siege).
This has led to a bunch of non siege players holding houses in good spots, castles are still pretty hard to come by unless you got mills to drop on one.
Putting people in a town with goods on them to sell will be a thieves wet dream.
Those plots in yew are still only worth bout what you got for them back than. See here is what you people arent taking into consideration, things change, peoples interest change. You have to be up on the times and find what people want to buy nowadays. Right now people are buyin any and all deco. They truly have nothing left to spend there gold on, or enjoy decoin.
The Bo has said it non stop for years, with the loss of the pvp crowd comes trouble. There is no one to kill farmers, so some players have farmed using scripts and rails, this has led to an influx of gold in the economy causing inflation. Combine that with people not dieing and losing there gear. So they dont need to reequip, no need for new gear hence no loss of resources. To the Bo it seems like a select few (we will call them the "tinfoils") have pretty much driven off the pvpers by getting certain changes made.

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I can't afford high price items on siege so I go without, but I do not except others to drop prices to accommodate my needs.
If your comfortable with your prices keep your prices, players want to pay those prices then they will, and if players want it for less there is vendor search to find it cheaper.

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Bo has said it non stop for years, with the loss of the pvp crowd comes trouble. There is no one to kill farmers, so some players have farmed using scripts and rails, this has led to an influx of gold in the economy causing inflation. Combine that with people not dieing and losing there gear. So they dont need to reequip, no need for new gear hence no loss of resources. To the Bo it seems like a select few (we will call them the "tinfoils") have pretty much driven off the pvpers by getting certain changes made.
You are spot on with this comment. Pkers did keep the economy chugging along. Maybe it's time to go recuit PvP guilds on other shards?

It's happened in the past, it can happen again...la

Bo Bo

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You are spot on with this comment. Pkers did keep the economy chugging along. Maybe it's time to go recuit PvP guilds on other shards?

It's happened in the past, it can happen again...la
not going to happen with the introduction of the new VvV stuff they purposely left out the gear portion of the artifacts for siege. That idea came from the "Tinfoils" and some are braggin bout it. It is very sad.