• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

SA Stacking with existing piles

TullyMars

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When dropping regs into a bag, regs wouldn't stack with the existing reg pile. I had to open the bag and stack them manually.
Attempted with multiple stack items and no such luck.
The only times thing would seem to stack properly was when looting things from corpses to the main pack using the right click and the grid or list view.

I also tried multiple different views (list, grid, and legacy) and the stacking issue seemed present on all.

O

Old Man of UO

When dropping regs into a bag, regs wouldn't stack with the existing reg pile. I had to open the bag and stack them manually.
Attempted with multiple stack items and no such luck.
The only times thing would seem to stack properly was when looting things from corpses to the main pack using the right click and the grid or list view.

I also tried multiple different views (list, grid, and legacy) and the stacking issue seemed present on all.
I've had issues with stacks in KR on occasion, especially gold. What I have been able to do is drag a few items off the troublesome stack and drop it onto another, then it should stack just fine.

TullyMars

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry I should be more clear. I have no problem stacking the item when I drag one stack onto another stack. The problem exists when I drag a stack of items onto a backpack already containing a stack of the same type items. They used to combine but now they just create two seperate stacks.

N

Ni-

I noticed that issue also. My instance was dropping Ingots into my ingot container(gift box). I was 2 away from max house storage. The first 2 I dropped went without a message. The third gave me the 'that would cause the house to exceed it's maximum storage" message. When I checked the bag, my first two drops were in their own stacks. I picked them up and manually stacked them then I could add the 3rd stack also, because those first two separate stacks were clogging um my storage.

O

Old Man of UO

Sorry I misunderstood... I also have this issue, dropping stacks into a container.

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It must be a widespread problem. My items don't stack automatically if I drop them into a container or my pack. It pops it in a separate grid and I have to drag it onto the right item to stack it manually.
Definately a UI bug.

B

Beastmaster

I made a post somewhere here about stacking issues and sent in multiple bug reports. Often times I cannot even stack manually from one pile to the next.

Serafi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Having the same issue when dropping on bag. It`s frustratingly annoying, as the items also are dropped not on top of the grid, but way down so you have to scroll to find them.

W

Wolfways

First time i noticed this was when i'd been mining for quite a few hours and my wife asked why i'd put loads of different piles of ore in a bag in her house. Took her ages to stack them all :p

Then i remembered i'd been picking up regs the whole time and looked in my reg bag :(

O

Old Man of UO

Funny, but the last patch seemed to have fixed my stacking issues. I have no idea why that would be if it didn't fix it for everyone.