• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

SA Macro Examples

• Thread starter Old Man of UO
  • Start date
  • Watchers 3

Merion

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would guess:

Drag a lockpick into a macro, set target to stored and store the box you want to pick.

But I'm at work and can't try it out.

C

Cailtyss

Really having trouble with the lockpick macro.

I have a box in my pack, what I want to be able to do is pick the box, lock it, pick it, lock it pick it, repeat...

Is there a way to set an enhanced client macro up for that, or, am i better off just clicking away.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I would make 2 macros 1 to pick the box (drag lockpick in window of macro and select target stored and target box to pick and then put like 8 second delay after it maybe even more)then select repeat x10 then make a second macro using a key for the box and target stored (no repeat)when you are successful hit your macro to lock box again and hit the pick macro again!

The reason for 2 macros is if you use 1 macro it has no way of knowing if you where successful or not and will start unlocking the box with the key instead of locking!

I will try to work on this as time allows but it will be a day or 2 but my thinking is its best to use 2 macros not 1!

Madrid

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I could not get the emergency recall macro to work. I put the recall spell in a macro, and then the only thing I could find was Cursor Stored Target. It then asked me where to click and I selected the runebook I want to use.

I made sure the runebook has a default. However, it only asks me where I want to click.

Any ideas?
A little late but this is the first time reading this thread.

I had the same trouble with the emergency recall. It needs to be:

Sacred Journey/Recall >Wait for Target Cursor>Cursor Target Stored.:popcorn:

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Honor Macros For Bards

Hey all, after some experimentation, these seem to work out ok for me...

1.) Honor Current Target, Provoke that Target, manually select who it fights;

Honor > WaitForTarg > Cursor Target Current > Provocation (Right click icon, Target set to Current)

2.) Provoke the two nearest mobs automatically, Honoring Both;

Target Nearest Enemy > Honor > WaitForTarg > Cursor Target Current > Provocation (Right click Icon, Target set to Current) > WaitForTarg > Target Next Enemy > Honor > WaitForTarg > Cursor Target Current

I'm not sure though if you can claim the Honor from both with this, or just the first one, it's hard to tell with the System text... It doesn't get in the way of the macro though, or slow it down any so may as well leave both Honors in!

3.) All Kill Macro (for pets/summoned elementals), Honoring and then Discording Current Target;

Honor > WaitForTarg > Cursor Target Current > All Kill > WaitForTarg > Cursor Target Current > Discordance ((Right click Icon, Target set to Current) > WaitForTarg > Cursor Target Current

The only problem with this macro is it applies the Discord timer to the whole macro, so you can't use just the All Kill part at the start first by pressing it again, you need to use a separate, single All Kill to set pets fighting again before the timer expires.

4.) Honor & Discord Target;

Honor > WaitForTarg > Cursor Target Current > Discordance (Right click Icon, Target set to Current)

C

CreaLightblade

Has anyone figured out how to make a moongate macro that can select the gate that you want to transport to? I can open the moongate, just cant figure out how to get it to select the area i want to go to.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Has anyone figured out how to make a moongate macro that can select the gate that you want to transport to? I can open the moongate, just cant figure out how to get it to select the area i want to go to.
That would involve interacting with a gump, which is something you can't do with the enhanced client. I'm not sure that is something they should allow because of the potential for automated game play, but I'd love to see them at least make the gumps moddable as they were with the KR client.

E

Eyes of Origin

Does anyone have any that work for fishing? I have last object (fishing pole), but I'm finding myself clicking the water constantly.

In the CC with UOA, I can set one for use item and target relative(mining) and repeat that 10 times and hit my keybind after its done and I dont have to click the water at all.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
target relative does not work for fishing at this time but here is the one i use
last object : wait for target : cursor target last : delay 8.5 : last object : wait for target : cursor target last : delay 8.5 :
enable repeat 10 times

other macro is use fishing pole target water then hit the above macro and it will fish the spot dry : Note will not work while moving in boat

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That would involve interacting with a gump, which is something you can't do with the enhanced client. I'm not sure that is something they should allow because of the potential for automated game play, but I'd love to see them at least make the gumps moddable as they were with the KR client.
Okay the gump thing is not so good for me at all. Which is a real shame because there are so many things I am enjoying. However not being able to preselect lightening from the gump on casting enchant weapon, meaning I have to actually interact, could be a deal breaker on a mystic bard weaver. I just don't have time for that. Maybe this client is not for that character. *grumps*

Avorion

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In the first post of this thread is the following macro:

Mobile Health Bars (Another from the brilliant Gildar)
Creates a mobile healthbar from current target (sticks it in the upper-left corner of the screen):
COMMAND script MobileHealthBarWindow.CreateHealthBar(WindowData.CurrentTarget.TargetId)

Creates a mobile healthbar from the current target, attaches it to the current target (moves it over the target's head and keeps it stuck there), then detaches it (lets you drag it around as you please):
COMMAND script _mobID, _x = WindowData.CurrentTarget.TargetId, MobileHealthBarWindow.CreateHealthBar(WindowData.CurrentTarget.TargetId)
COMMAND script AttachWindowToWorldObject(_mobID, "MobileHealthBarWindow".._mobID)
COMMAND script DetachWindowFromWorldObject(_mobID, "MobileHealthBarWindow".._mobID)
Has anybody actually gotten this to work in recent times? I Started playing again a little over a year ago. In that time I have seen this macro posted several places and have yet to get one to work, despite badly needing this functionality. Once I set up the macro and try it, I get nothing--no errors, no messages, but no mobile health bar either. Help?

Merion

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I noticed that just yesterday too - usually I don't use that script anymore because of the mobiles bar - but I think pincos Ui has that functionality somewhere.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Has anybody actually gotten this to work in recent times? I Started playing again a little over a year ago. In that time I have seen this macro posted several places and have yet to get one to work, despite badly needing this functionality.
Yes, Pinco's UI has this functionality built in. You might want to try that. If you aren't using it, you really are missing out on a lot of cool features.

Avorion

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, I have tried Pinco's UI. Unfortunately, despite loving so many of the additions, I could not stand to leave it installed:

1. It was buggy, wiped out my main menu bar but did not rebuild it as promised. Even once I removed the UI, it took some manual editing of some configuration files to even be able to play again.

2. While I loved the utilities, I do not have any interest in my client looking more like the 2D client. I like the EC. I'm used to it. This is particularly annoying with things like the runebooks which work completely differently (and require page turning) and the damage numbers that are now the opposite color of what I am used to. And I don't have the screen space for excess artwork surrounding my pack, etc. I don't actually want any of the visual changes, but last I tried it, very little was optional. There was no way to get the utilities without the graphical changes.

I am reasonably adept at scripting/programming myself, but have found frustratingly little documentation on building custom UO UI's. Can anybody point me to a tutorial or other reference materials?

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, I have tried Pinco's UI. Unfortunately, despite loving so many of the additions, I could not stand to leave it installed:

1. It was buggy, wiped out my main menu bar but did not rebuild it as promised. Even once I removed the UI, it took some manual editing of some configuration files to even be able to play again.

2. While I loved the utilities, I do not have any interest in my client looking more like the 2D client. I like the EC. I'm used to it. This is particularly annoying with things like the runebooks which work completely differently (and require page turning) and the damage numbers that are now the opposite color of what I am used to. And I don't have the screen space for excess artwork surrounding my pack, etc. I don't actually want any of the visual changes, but last I tried it, very little was optional. There was no way to get the utilities without the graphical changes.

I am reasonably adept at scripting/programming myself, but have found frustratingly little documentation on building custom UO UI's. Can anybody point me to a tutorial or other reference materials?
1. If you don't have anymore the menu hotbar, you can rebuild it through the option in the user settings -> pinco's ui.

2. Use the scale mode to shrink the windows (you can do with almost every window), the rest is matters of time and practice...

3. There is no documentation other than the one provided with the game.

Avorion

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1. If you don't have anymore the menu hotbar, you can rebuild it through the option in the user settings -> pinco's ui.

2. Use the scale mode to shrink the windows (you can do with almost every window), the rest is matters of time and practice...

3. There is no documentation other than the one provided with the game.
If I try your mod again I will watch out for that option. I didn't find it last time and after manually rebuilding my menu bar about three different times I gave up out of frustration.:mad: I did make use of scaling but with my limited screen real estate, I want the content of my packs and such to be as big as possible with no wasted space. I can only run at 1280x1024 (and an upgrade does not look near.) I saw a video you did and it looks like you run at least 1600 wide, which would make superfluous art much less problematic. And there is still the issues with learning new interfaces, colors, etc. when I like the originals better.

Not to go off on too much of a tangent, but I have also developed a dislike over my MMO years of heavy or excessive UI mods. When a UI mod changes the way I play the game so much that, minus the mod, I have to relearn to play, it's just trouble waiting to happen. Every time there is an incompatible patch, or the devs remove a mod capability, or when the day comes that you quit maintaining your mods, then I am stuck. I like to add in useful functionality (which your mod has a ton of) while leaving the game as much like the default as possible. A minimalist philosophy, and admittedly it's my own hangup.

Thanks for the tip in #3 there. I found that documentation, which was exactly what I was looking for, not long after I posted that last reply. Felt kind of dumb when I realized what I needed had been included all along...

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If I try your mod again I will watch out for that option. I didn't find it last time and after manually rebuilding my menu bar about three different times I gave up out of frustration.:mad: I did make use of scaling but with my limited screen real estate, I want the content of my packs and such to be as big as possible with no wasted space. I can only run at 1280x1024 (and an upgrade does not look near.) I saw a video you did and it looks like you run at least 1600 wide, which would make superfluous art much less problematic. And there is still the issues with learning new interfaces, colors, etc. when I like the originals better.

Not to go off on too much of a tangent, but I have also developed a dislike over my MMO years of heavy or excessive UI mods. When a UI mod changes the way I play the game so much that, minus the mod, I have to relearn to play, it's just trouble waiting to happen. Every time there is an incompatible patch, or the devs remove a mod capability, or when the day comes that you quit maintaining your mods, then I am stuck. I like to add in useful functionality (which your mod has a ton of) while leaving the game as much like the default as possible. A minimalist philosophy, and admittedly it's my own hangup.

Thanks for the tip in #3 there. I found that documentation, which was exactly what I was looking for, not long after I posted that last reply. Felt kind of dumb when I realized what I needed had been included all along...
well, I play with a 1920 wide res in my desktop :D
however you can switch off the grid legacy container and you'll find the old default resizable ones :p
The only thing you have to do is open the user settings and here you'll find everything... it's almost everything customizable, so you can play with a really basic interface.

M

miód

I drag TargetByResource Action to makro slot, drag axe to Target By Resource slot, choseing Wood. I go to the forest, useing that makro and nothing happening! Same with ore.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
make sure you have legacy targeting turned off!
make sure you have the hatchet in your hand
make sure you are standing by a tree

I just used it to test it and it works fine for me

M

miód

I using version 4.0.21.1 (shard req.), maybe thats why it isn`t working ?

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I using version 4.0.21.1 (shard req.), maybe thats why it isn`t working ?
if you are playing on free shard nothing of the EC only features will works since there is no custom server able to manage it.

Also this is why you have problem with fonts and colors...