• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

SA Macro Examples

• Thread starter Old Man of UO
  • Start date
  • Watchers 3

BTeng_Mythic

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just chiming in since it's relevant to what's going on here, a patch that went out for the client last night that put in two fixes related to macros:

o Removed the short delay between each action when executing a macro
o Fixed issues with macros sometimes executing only the first action or none at all

I should mention now that since actions are executed more rapidly within a macro, if you are performing any action that requires cursor targeting, it's a good idea to add 'WaitForTarget' between the action and the targeting.

'WaitForTarg' continues the macro at the exact moment the mouse cursor changes to a targeting cursor.

F

Fink

Thanks, Axel. :thumbsup:

I'll run through all my stuff & see if it needs modification & repost as necessary, suggest the same for anyone else if they find things not working.

F

Fink

An equip/use lantern macro..

Equip (Lantern) > Delay (1.0) > Lantern

For the third entry in this macro, you simply drop the lantern into the slot so the macro will "use" it. Make sure the lantern is unlit when you do this, and the "use lantern" part will only recognise the lantern when it's unlit. The upshot of this is the macro will only toggle the lantern on if it's off. It won't ever toggle the lantern off if it's on. The equip part will recognise the lantern in either on or off state. Seems to like a longish delay.

Works well with most types of lantern. Isn't needed for the beggar lanterns as they don't switch off.

Comm Crystal (transmitter)
Another item that changes "identity" when toggled.

"Transmitter On" macro:
Comm Crystal (in off state), Target Stored (the crystal itself)

"Transmitter Off" macro:
Comm Crystal (in on state), Target Stored (the crystal itself)

Hitting the On macro turns it on, the Off macro turns it off. As the crystal "changes ID" from state to state, neither macro can "toggle" the crystal. On = On, Off = Off, good for eliminating confusion.

T

TheGrayGhost

Here's one I made that I ended up having a lot of fun with. lol Perfect for solo champ spawns if you're a bard.

Provocation.

1st) Provoke - Target Current
2nd) Target Next Enemy
3rd) Cursor Target Current

Makes what ever you have targeted currently target something random nearby, but never anything blue. (Does with Vortex's so watch that)

Sub in Target Nearest Enemy instead of Target Next Enemy and you can simply target something run up close to what you want it to fight and hit your macro and BAM lol. Have a lot of fun with it and it's pretty simple. If you want to improve on it be my guest.

Edited to Add: I actually have 3 of these provoke macro's now. One with Target last, one with Target Next and one with Target nearest.

Next is for random spawn.

Nearest is for defense.

Last I use for boss fights. (Having trouble with this one at the moment, target last seems a bit tricky :( )

Edited to Add: Just an Update.

Macro is now

Target Nearest Enemy
Provoke
Wait for target
Target Next Enemy
Cursor Target Current

Have been using it to skillup.

Still haven't managed to get last target to work. It seems Target Previous is actually just a backwards Target next.

F

Fink

Training Poisoning

Poison Skill (Target Stored: Potion Stack)
Wait For Target
Cursor Target Stored (Dagger)
Delay 10.0
Repeat x 10

If you let the stack run out you'll have to re-target it, but otherwise there's nothing else to tweak. You can of course duplicate steps 1-4 as many times as you like, eg: 10 iterations x 10 Repeats = 100 potions.

It should perform flawlessly and it very nearly does. I get the occasional "You must wait a few moments to use another skill", but not enough to warrant adding further delays to the macro.

One iteration of this macro, without the repeat, should be enough to re-poison a blade you're currently using in combat.

J

Jermosh

Macro:
Butcher's War Cleaver> set to current target
Delay .1
Use Targeted Object

Click on the corpse and hit this macro and it will skin it and open its corpse for further looting. I am so excited to get this I have been trying to use this in KR for some time.

F

Fink

A simple one but it comes with some suggestions on use..

Use Targeted Object > Delay (0.5)
Repeat x 10

Click on your mining cart, stump with axe, rose of trinsic, beehive, etc and this macro will empty it in one touch.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
target nearest object
use targeted object
target next object
use targeted object
target next object
use targeted object
repeat as many times as you like i have mine so it opens the closest 5 objects
now what i need is a macro to close all corps windows with one key
This will also open moongate menu,open doors,open chests etcs

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
target nearest object
dagger set to target current
use targeted object
target next object
use targeted object
target next object
use targeted object

this one will skin your target before opening corpse

F

Fink

target nearest object
use targeted object
target next object
use targeted object
target next object
use targeted object

I've set this to work with a butcher's war cleaver; skins the hides, cuts them into leather, and puts them in your pack.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I've set this to work with a butcher's war cleaver; skins the hides, cuts them into leather, and puts them in your pack.
doh didnt even think to use the cleaver lol my bad

Decors

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
target nearest object
use targeted object
target next object
use targeted object
target next object
use targeted object

This is great macro just wow......
But found problem.... Blood...It counted as Object wtf EA made it to object but just a picture.
We have to wait till the blood disappears to use this uber macro.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
But found problem.... Blood...It counted as Object wtf EA made it to object but just a picture.
it will try to target any object within range starting from you and working out this does include blood spots I have it set for 5 targets and dont have a problem if you have lots of blood spots and or objects around you you can either add more to the macro or move a couple of steps from object by far this is the best macro I have it makes skinning ,gates, doors etc very fast and easy to use

D

Der Rock

it will try to target any object within range starting from you and working out this does include blood spots I have it set for 5 targets and dont have a problem if you have lots of blood spots and or objects around you you can either add more to the macro or move a couple of steps from object by far this is the best macro I have it makes skinning ,gates, doors etc very fast and easy to use
the option "OmitBlood=On/Off
would reduce the problem,not sure if this option is in SA, in 2D it is very helpfull

other problem also is: target nearest/next object (i use in my smelting macro for target the forge) the stairs also count as objects :(

F

Fink

doh didnt even think to use the cleaver lol my bad
Handy tool, just wish it collected feathers, scales, meat, etc. :)

other problem also is: target nearest/next object (i use in my smelting macro for target the forge) the stairs also count as objects :(
Forges and most other deeded items highlight when you mouseover them, which means you can set them as a stored target.

F

Fink

Recharge Arcane Clothing
In this first example I'm just doing boots but of course it could be applied to any piece.

Boots..

Unequip (footware)
Arcane Gem (stored target: arcane boots)
Delay (1.0)
Equip (arcane boots)

Full Suit..

Unequip (robe, cloak, gloves, footware)
Arcane Gem (stored target: arcane robe)
Arcane Gem (stored target: arcane cloak)
Arcane Gem (stored target: arcane gloves)
Arcane Gem (stored target: arcane boots)
Delay (1.0)
Equip (arcane robe, arcane cloak, arcane gloves, arcane boots)

You can refresh a suit as need as arises or just as a matter of habit. If you have charges left on a piece, it won't recharge/consume a gem so there's no waste in "topping up".

jtw1984

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I could not get the emergency recall macro to work. I put the recall spell in a macro, and then the only thing I could find was Cursor Stored Target. It then asked me where to click and I selected the runebook I want to use.

I made sure the runebook has a default. However, it only asks me where I want to click.

Any ideas?

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Do you have legacy targeting turned on? You only get some of the targeting options with it off.

M

MorganaLeFey

Anybody know a good macro to make trap boxes (In the enhanced client that is)?

G

gjohnson5

So there is no "bandage self" macro built into the game any more?
I have to drop bandages int othe macro slot and PHYSICALLY target myself??

Zym Dragon

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So there is no "bandage self" macro built into the game any more?
I have to drop bandages int othe macro slot and PHYSICALLY target myself??
If you turn off legacy targeting, you can set the target in the hotbar to yourself.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Here's a simple cool one I found. If you switch between say a swamp dragon, and an ethereal mount, or you keep an ethereal as a backup mount, you can do the following:

target nearest follower, use target, ethereal mount

That way if you have a mount out, you will use the mount, if you don't, you will use your ethereal. Works a treat, doesn't cause any noticeable delays. I haven't tested this with a ghost pet following you around. I'm guessing it will still work, but I don't know for sure.

Here's another hint for those of us with G series keyboards or the G13. Don't bind key combinations to your "G" keys. Create and label a macro, record the key combination, then bind that macro to the "G" key. That way you have a label. With a game like UO you can easily end up with dozens of keybinds, and it just gets too confusing if you don't have them labelled (unless of course you are blessed with a photographic memory, in which case, feel free to ignore my advice :) ).

R

Radix

awesome, going to try these looting macros for ya! :drool:
and a macro to use/fill 20 diferent pitchers of water on a water trough??
I mean something like next type target--> next pitcher, not doing it with 20 use pitcher on stored t.,
any ideas?
no idea about objet macroing yet :dunce:

great job!

R

Radix

no case!! i answered myself, it works!! xD
Simply use pitcher target stored water t. and delay 0,1. At least it works 10 times repeating, only need to drag 2 o 3 more!!
great for wood pulpe cooking or gardening :D

p.d: curse didn't trhougt before

R

Radix

To provo bards:

Are the provocation macros working well for you? I made one that worked fine weeks ago, i would swear, but now my macro takes a lot of time to begin, dont understand, i have almost no delays, and a strange thing: i dont hear any sound for a while :|

my macro is something like t.nearest enemy + provo + wait f.t + target NEXT enemy + targent current t. for stress defence and spawns
not sure if i had a little delay after provo or wft

any changes in provocation lately??

why don't use stored target (boss) to boss fights?

J

Jermosh

Ohh the store one would be good for boss fights. If they would only lessen the time it would be perfect.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I came up with something nifty today. If you have situational equipment, either in your suit, or in weapons, as long as they are the kind of item you would only take of at a time (for example a vermin slayer for a champ, and a bovine slayer for doing the minotaur quest), you can put all those things in one macro.

I have a tertiary weapon macro, and I use that tertiary weapon macro for situational weapons, such as slayers, or area of effect weapons, etc. As long as I only carry one of them at a time, I can put all of them in the same macro, and the macro will simply grab whichever one I happen to be carrying. I do the same thing with an alternate dress macro for my slayer talismans.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Here is a little halloween macro That some may find usefull it will apply moongrass to the bodies nearest to you! and open all the bodies for you to inspect for one of the three possible drops!
Target nearest object,moongrass (set to target current),use targeted object,target next object, moongrass,use targeted object!
you can add as many target next object,moongrass,use targeted object!
just make sure the 1st one is target nearest and all others are target next and it will continue outward from where you stand!

S

Splup

Is there a way to make Mounting macro with Legacy targeting?

I know you can do it with the new targeting system, but I prefer Legacy targeting.

R

Radix

the mounting (and dismounting) macro is a COMMAND macro,
as far i know, there is no mounting macro for new targetting system, or you can use the command macro only for the new system?

S

Splup

the mounting (and dismounting) macro is a COMMAND macro,
as far i know, there is no mounting macro for new targetting system, or you can use the command macro only for the new system?
Dismounting is command macro, but mounting macro goes like:

Target nerest follower
Use last target

And that macro doesn't work with legacy targeting :(

Merion

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Most of the macros take advantage of the (superior) new targeting system. If you can get used to it, I can only recommend it.

I am intrigued by the smelting macro and how easy it is and tried to make something similar for chopping logs to boards. unfortunalety I have failed so far :(
I tried a macro like this:

Axe -> Target Stored -> Normal logs -> delay ->axe -> target stored -> oak logs ... and so forth...

Problem is, that the target stored resets itself each time, as it stores the exact item, not the item type. I have yet to come up with a solution.

Anybody got an idea?

J

[JD]

Dismounting is command macro, but mounting macro goes like:

Target nerest follower
Use last target

And that macro doesn't work with legacy targeting :(
I'm trying to create a PVP dismount, bola, mount macro and failing miserably.

The dismount command works perfectly- thank you

The bola refuses to work at all. I dropped it in the macro and set it to target cursor. It doesn't even try to use the bola, not even with a delay. Maybe I need a longer delay, or something else? I dunno

Lastly the re-mount portion I quoted is causing me a lot of trouble also. There doesn't appear to be a "USE LAST TARGET". There's a "use targeted object", but that doesn't remount.

Could anyone help out here?

S

Splup

I'm trying to create a PVP dismount, bola, mount macro and failing miserably.

The dismount command works perfectly- thank you

The bola refuses to work at all. I dropped it in the macro and set it to target cursor. It doesn't even try to use the bola, not even with a delay. Maybe I need a longer delay, or something else? I dunno

Lastly the re-mount portion I quoted is causing me a lot of trouble also. There doesn't appear to be a "USE LAST TARGET". There's a "use targeted object", but that doesn't remount.

Could anyone help out here?
Problem with that dismount command is that you can't do anything else after that in same macro... Atleast someone told me so. I could not make it say "all follow me" after it.

re-mount macro works if you are using the new targeting system (read: NOT legacy targeting),

Target nearest follower
Use targeted object

But if you are using legacy targeting it doesn't work... And it's not possible to make mounting macro with Legacy targeting I quess. Which is very frustrating.

Merion

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
But if you are using legacy targeting it doesn't work... And it's not possible to make mounting macro with Legacy targeting I quess. Which is very frustrating.
Legacy targeting itself is very frustrating!

Sorry, couldn't resist ;)

R

Radix

i would say even more, almost all legacy stuff is very frustrating ¬¬

J

[JD]

Equip Weapon (this works for anything in your hands)
Unequip - Rt Hand and Lft Hand checked; Delay 0.1 second; Equip Weapon

this did not work for me at all with a .1 delay. it kinda began functioning at .8 delay but i finally changed it to 1.0 delay and it worked much more reliably

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Equip Weapon (this works for anything in your hands)
Unequip - Rt Hand and Lft Hand checked; Delay 0.1 second; Equip Weapon

this did not work for me at all with a .1 delay. it kinda began functioning at .8 delay but i finally changed it to 1.0 delay and it worked much more reliably
Ya, I've found 1.0s is the magic number for equipping and unequipping and a range of other functions.

J

[JD]

thought I would add the EC now has equip LAST WEAPON support like the CC after today's Patch!

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
After the last patch, we got a Use Bandage macro, which is a god send for tamers, but I can't seem to get the Bandages > Use Bandages On Target > In Vas Mani macro working now... it always fails to cast the Greater Heal spell at all. Does anyone know why? I've tried adding Delay and WaitForTarg, but nothing seems to work to trigger the second healing part. Thanks!

J

[JD]

I'd like to add I just came up with the most awesome Sampire macro ever

First Macro (f1)
Target Next Enemy

Second Macro (f2)
Honor, Wait for Target, Cursor Target Current, Attack Current Target, Curse Weapon, Delay 1.6 (Might depend on your FC/FCR), Confidence, Delay .4, Lightning Strike

Awesome...........

f1 to seek next target, f2 to Honor target, attack it, curse my weapon for double lifetap, pop Confidence and Lightning strike

After that I just need to re-pop Confidence and LS when needed. She's not old enough for weapon specials yet.

She has 50 Swords and 40 tactics, she's wasting para ettins, cyclops, titans, even with adds beating on her. lol.

Note: The Delays may need to be modified depending on your FC/FCR setup. I just started this toon and she has crappy gear so only FCR2, FC1

R

Radix

nice macro but... next target works always ok for you? this will take as target the farest enemy from you, right? do you move to the target?

btw, you play a non-chivalry sampire? if you are not fighting a very hard opponent i recomend you not to use curse weapon, and more use consecrate, specilly if you are not at top karma, well any case this is a warrior forum discussion...

P

perplexed

I have two questions. I am trying to set up a macro using the target by resource to mine a spot once, then prospect the spot mined, but am unable to get the macro to automatically target the previously-mined spot when prospecting.

Does the "target by resource" actually store a target in the targeting system so that the subsequent use of a "target last" action can get the spot?

In what order do you string a "wait for target", [use item], "Target ___" in a macro?

Let me clarify the questions. I'm starting to think that the "target by resource" just finds a resource associated with a ground location and pulls it out - but that there is nothing that is actually stored as a target.

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How does the "Command" macro work in SA/EC client? Do you need to type specific programming language verbage for effect? I'm curious if it would initiate another macro :O?

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
How does the "Command" macro work in SA/EC client? Do you need to type specific programming language verbage for effect? I'm curious if it would initiate another macro :O?
I believe the command scripts are in LUA, and I don't know if you can call macros with a script. My guess is no, but I don't know for sure.

J

[JD]

I believe the command scripts are in LUA, and I don't know if you can call macros with a script. My guess is no, but I don't know for sure.

What is LUA? I'm really interested to know what else the 'Command' macro can do. Is there a list somewhere?

They should add a dismount icon as well, I'm surprised that wasn't included and someone had to figure out how to program it...

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
What is LUA? I'm really interested to know what else the 'Command' macro can do. Is there a list somewhere?
Lua is a scripting language. It's the same scripting language that the World of Warcraft UI and mods are coded in.

As for a list of Enhanced Client specific variables and functions, I don't know if such a thing exists. I think the best you can do in that regard is to go into your "[root Enhanced Client folder]\UserInterface" folder and unzip the "Default.zip" folder you will find there. You will want to create a folder called "Default" to extract it into. Most archivers will do that for you.

Once you've extracted that folder you will find inside it a folder called "Source". That contains the source coding for the default UI. Most of the variables and functions available to you would be found in there somewhere.

In the "UserInterface" folder there is also an archive called "Custom_UI_Documentation" but it appears that it was created for the KR client, and I don't think anyone would find it terribly useful. But I might be wrong, maybe the reference section has been updated and someone just neglected to update the headers in the index. Someone else more informed than myself might be able to clarify that.

C

Cailtyss

Is there a way to create a lockpicking macro in the EC thats repeatable?