• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

SA Loot Drops, Their Sources and Uses

Stranger

Lord of the Dance
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You guys are never going to believe this!
A leather wolf dropped a leather wolf skin.
I am being completely serious!!!
I would of never in a million years of guessed that! Hehe.

They also drop reflective wolf eyes.

And I know a use for the leather wolf skin.
Zosilem's Tier 2 quest 'Armor Up' wants 10 of them.

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I didn't see Slith Eye on the list (could have missed it among all the impressive cataloguing) - it is a small, round hot pink eye. All my hunting has netted me exactly one of these, so they do not appear to be very common.
That's not on the list yet. Do you remember which kind of slith you got it from (slith, stone slith, or toxic slith)?
I got one of those too, and I think it was off of a regular slith. I'm like 90% positive. Little hot pink eye.

SchezwanBeefy

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tina, is there anyway you could upload the spread sheet for us to download (ex. Google Documents)? It's hard for me to read these. =] Thanks in advance if you can!!

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tina, is there anyway you could upload the spread sheet for us to download (ex. Google Documents)? It's hard for me to read these. =] Thanks in advance if you can!!
"Google Documents"? I'll check it out. You're aren't the first person to ask for a copy.

I will have to tweak the spreadsheet a bit first. I believe it's missing Velocity and Balanced for bows. I also managed to kind of mess up the order the other day when I sorted it after temporarily adding some success chance information and inadvertently saved it at that point.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You guys are never going to believe this!
A leather wolf dropped a leather wolf skin.
I am being completely serious!!!
I would of never in a million years of guessed that! Hehe.

They also drop reflective wolf eyes.

And I know a use for the leather wolf skin.
Zosilem's Tier 2 quest 'Armor Up' wants 10 of them.
Dumb question, but where do you find a leather wolf? Aren't they one of the pets you can tinker? If yes, are you getting it from its corpse if it dies? I'll add the info on the skins if you can clarify where to find the wolves.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The leather wolfs are in the cavern of the discarded.

Makes me wonder if the clockwork scorpions there drop something too.

And yes we can also makes them with tinkering.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The leather wolfs are in the cavern of the discarded.

Makes me wonder if the clockwork scorpions there drop something too.

And yes we can also makes them with tinkering.

Ah, the Clan Scratch Savage Wolves? Do you have to skin them to get the "Leather Wolf Skin" and is that its exact name? (Too early yet for me to play to go track them down myself.)

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Set up a Google Documents account and posted the spreadsheet here: http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=tuxQwVOd4eHGnx8BUx-rHGg&single=true&gid=0&output=html.

I added some columns for you to put in success chance information at various levels of imbuing skill. I don't have an artificer with enough skill yet to get very useful success chance information. I believe you can export the information to your own spreadsheet by right clicking on the page and choosing the Export option. Have fun with it and let me know if you find any information that needs to be updated.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well it was your idea to put it on Google Documents. Didn't even know that service existed.

I'm trying to round up some VERY BASIC success chance information for various levels of skill (40-120) on Test Center and will post it later if I can get through the process of gathering it. Hopefully the publish that's on Test is using the same "success algorithm" (or whatever you want to call it) as the production shards.

Edited to add: I am giving up for now on gathering the success chance information for posting. Too many variables to consider to make it a worthwhile use of time.

Stranger

Lord of the Dance
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dumb question, but where do you find a leather wolf? Aren't they one of the pets you can tinker? If yes, are you getting it from its corpse if it dies? I'll add the info on the skins if you can clarify where to find the wolves.
It isn't a dumb question. I was asking myself the same thing! :)
Yes they are a tinker made pet.
I have not let one of mine die so I don't know about that.
I don't wanna spoil everything! :)
But I'll give you a hint if you really really want it...

Have a tinker make a leather wolf and tell it to attack something.
You'll get your answer :)
I have not seen any leather wolves in the cavern of the discarded. I saw clan scratch savage wolves but they didn't drop any leather wolf skins.
I got my leather wolf skins from creatures named "a leather wolf".

Yes the exact name is "Leather Wolf Skin".
They appear on the corpse. You don't have to skin them.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It isn't a dumb question. I was asking myself the same thing! :)
Yes they are a tinker made pet.
I have not let one of mine die so I don't know about that.
I don't wanna spoil everything! :)
But I'll give you a hint if you really really want it...

Have a tinker make a leather wolf and tell it to attack something.
You'll get your answer :)
I have not seen any leather wolves in the cavern of the discarded. I saw clan scratch savage wolves but they didn't drop any leather wolf skins.
I got my leather wolf skins from creatures named "a leather wolf".

Yes the exact name is "Leather Wolf Skin".
They appear on the corpse. You don't have to skin them.
You looted the corpse of someone else's dead tinker-made leather wolf?

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Right click on the map to save it on your own PC. Then use a program like Paint to open it and use the zoom feature. Or use the zoom feature on your browser. (On Internet Explorer, it's a little magnifying glass in the bottom right corner.)

The spreadsheets have been deleted and replaced with a link to the same information posted on Google Documents. You should have no problems reading it there.

Stranger

Lord of the Dance
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You looted the corpse of someone else's dead tinker-made leather wolf?
LOL! No! :)
I guess this whole thread is full of spoilers so I might as well spoil it.

When you tell your tinkered leather wolf to attack something it summons other leather wolves to help. You can kill the leather wolves it summons and loot them. :thumbup:

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you, Stranger. I just couldn't for the life of me figure out how it would make any sense to craft a pet and then kill it just for the loot.

Aerodice

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Great topic! I've used this guide quite a few times when I've found items with unknown uses. I don't think anyone mentioned it yet, but there is a use for the seared fire ant goo.

Seared fire ant goo is a quest item, most specifically for the "Pink is the New Black" quest given by Thepem (it is a tier 2 quest). It requests 5 seared fire ant goo and a pile of inspected agapite ingots (20). The reward you get at the end is an elixir that converts shadow iron ingots into agapite.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Great topic! I've used this guide quite a few times when I've found items with unknown uses. I don't think anyone mentioned it yet, but there is a use for the seared fire ant goo.

Seared fire ant goo is a quest item, most specifically for the "Pink is the New Black" quest given by Thepem (it is a tier 2 quest). It requests 5 seared fire ant goo and a pile of inspected agapite ingots (20). The reward you get at the end is an elixir that converts shadow iron ingots into agapite.
Ah! I was pretty sure there was a use for those things. Thank you!

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
fire ant goo is for the aprentice quest pink is the new black. fariry dragon wings are for the alchemist quest dabling in the dark side or something like that, which gives you 2 "delicious tasty treats" which give pets a +10% bonus rather than 5%.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
fire ant goo is for the aprentice quest pink is the new black. fariry dragon wings are for the alchemist quest dabling in the dark side or something like that, which gives you 2 "delicious tasty treats" which give pets a +10% bonus rather than 5%.
Thanks Uvtha. Nice to whittle away at that "unknown use" list.

G

guum

Is it just me, or does a really disproportionate amount of stuff drop off of creatures in the cavern of the discarded?

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is it just me, or does a really disproportionate amount of stuff drop off of creatures in the cavern of the discarded?
Well, the number of types of items seems disproportionate. The drop rate, however, is definitely not disproportionate. It actually seems very low for most of the items you get there.

Odin of Europa

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well, the number of types of items seems disproportionate. The drop rate, however, is definitely not disproportionate. It actually seems very low for most of the items you get there.
Yeh, very low. I haven't had any Abyssal Cloth, Crystalline Blackrock, Delicate Scales or Seed of Renewal yet.

What creaturs in the Cavern of the Discarded do these drop on, any? Do I have to skin them?

G

guum

Yeah...I meant to add that. ;) I've spent probably 5 hours in that little cave so far and I've picked up a grand total of 3 seeds of renewal. :/

Either the level 1 spawn in that cave needs to drop imbuing ingredients, or some of that stuff should be spread out to other areas of the abyss.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeh, very low. I haven't had any Abyssal Cloth, Crystalline Blackrock, Delicate Scales or Seed of Renewal yet.

What creaturs in the Cavern of the Discarded do these drop on, any? Do I have to skin them?
I was surprised yesterday to get a Seed of Renewal from one of the renowned rat guys, the one that uses mysticism (Vitavi??). The other one that poisons dropped only a very underwhelming 65 gp and if it gave a loyalty boost it was wasted because my tamer's already hit the 15k cap. At this point, I'm just trying to consider the time spent killing them as good pet training. One of my GD's that was at about 112 Resisting Spells got a good .4 or .5 gain in the skill from killing just one Vitavi. If they drop one of the named items, great. Not great at all though if it's going to land on the ground for someone else to pick up.

If you consider the plague rats, clockwork scorpions, and savage wolves the lowest level spawn, the only ingredient I've seen on any of them is the reflective eyes on the wolves. The Supplicants, Assistants, and Scavengers (always want to call them Scroungers for some reason) sometimes drop stuff, but it's sparse.

Best bets for getting ingredients seem to be the Courtiers (with the plague rats), Tinkerers (with the scorpions), and Henchmen (with the wolves). Unfortunately, they don't seem to spawn for very long before you have one of the Renowned dudes to deal with and they can take a long time to kill, especially if you're alone.

S

Stupid Miner

Gah Tina, I am sorry I exactly don't remember which type of slith gave me the slith eye, but most likely it was from a toxic slith. I keep looking in all slith corpses, but have yet to get another.
I got 1 slith eye. Most definitely off a normal slith. Killed hundreds of toxic sliths, nothing. at least 5 dozen regular sliths, and a few dozen stone sliths.

All i got was 1.

Raider Red

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Navrey Night-Eyes drops those very often but i know she is not the only one.
Thanks,I haven't ventured in that far yet.I have been lagging too bad due to my wireless high speed service but I think I figured it out now.

C

Connor_Graham

Is that the place past where that talisman quest thing is? Or that general area anyway? I haven't found the way to where the iron beetles are yet, although that's next on my list so I can complete one of the Thepem quests.

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
(sorry I don't have a map handy)

When you cross the bridge into the grey goblin area and turn left into their lair, then straight ahead of you is a little room with a broken wall you can go through into a back area of grey goblins and wolf spiders (for some reason, it's very easy to miss spotting that the wall has a hole in it even when you know its there)

Once you're in there then turn left and you'll be in tunnel leading a few more rooms, lots and lots of wolf spiders, the iron beetles and eventually Navery.

C

Connor_Graham

I found it, thanks. I killed her once and got the tome I was after. Tried again and she waxed my ass with that damn web thing she does. She hit me 4 times in a row for nearly 40 points of damage while I was stuck for a nifty grey screen effect...

I

IceCast[AI]

Crystal Granules, an ingredient used by alchemists to make soulstone fragments.

Void Essence - Void creatures (overland Ter Mur) - Used by tinkers to make Clockwork Scorpions, Leather Wolves, and Vollems. Also used by alchemists to craft soulstone fragments.

-----------------------------------

Question.. how do i make a soulstone fragment?

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
coagulated legs, gelatinous skull, and the torso all are keys from the paroxymous spawn. for some reason they didnt remove that coding from the spawn before adding it to the new area.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can we research the cavern a bit deeper? As has been said, there are a lot of items from that area. The essence of balance comes from any clan, I think, but what about the other ingredients?
Are they divided over the clans? ie does one clan give cloth, but not the other two etc? Or can you get all the different items from either of the 3 clans?

For reference the list is:
Seed of Renewal
Abyssal Cloth
Crystal Shards
Delicate Scales
Arcanic Rune Stone
Crushed Glass
Crystalline Blackrock
Powdered Iron
Elven Fletching

Nine items, my gut feeling is that they are probably divided 3 per clan.

B

Beastmaster

I got "Untranslated Ancient Tome" from undead guardian in the Tomb of Kings yesterday.

From the scroungers and henchmen I got abyssal cloth, delicate scales, crystal shards, crushed glass, elven fletching, powdered iron.

Sorry Petra, must have been a tummy ache.

Raider Red

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
what does the ancient untranslated tome look like?I been killing tons of undead guardians and haven't seen one yet and I hope I haven't "overlooked" them.

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
what does the ancient untranslated tome look like?I been killing tons of undead guardians and haven't seen one yet and I hope I haven't "overlooked" them.
Its the same graphic as the purple books you can buy from NPC book sellers but it's a very dark grey/blue color. It can be hard to see I think, especially if your monitor is dark. They drop from Navrey Night-eyes pretty regularly (maybe 1/5 corpses?) I don't think I've gotten one off anything but Navrey.

Raider Red

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
thanks.I will try to get to navery later on,I just keep lagging and I cant seem to "shake" those pesky fire ants.anyone got some RAID for sale?

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
thanks.I will try to get to navery later on,I just keep lagging and I cant seem to "shake" those pesky fire ants.anyone got some RAID for sale?
I'm from Texas and I know how bad fire ants can be. :p

I have to precast invis a lot when I'm going into known fire ant areas. I almost breath a sigh of relief when I see it is those red demons instead, haha. Oh those guys! They only hit me for 100 HP worth of damage, better than getting sprayed with goo all up one side and down the other. :D

R

Radix

yeah!, they both demons and ants are very affectuous, btw, fire elem slayer affects any of these peskys?, demon looks like not, and it's anti-slayer each other, right? (demon-elem) I think someone said some...
Coming back to topic, Medusa drops unstranslated tome also, i think it's a common medium-highend drop

Thimblepixie

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
From Clan Savage Scroungers & Henchmen tonight I've received:

A 'lodestone' - don't know where this comes in?
An arcanic rune stone
Essence of Balance
Delicate scales
2 Crystalline blackrock
Crystal shards

Did their renowned ratty thing twice, got nothing.

Killed plague rats for ages too, but didn't seem to advance.

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*nods*

In the cavern of the discarded, only the ratmen advance the spawns - the rats/scorpions/wolves are treated as a separate static spawn (although the wolves have reflective eyes).

There are a crazy number of things that drop there ... I wonder whether it's a lure to get people to hang out there and realize that goodies spawn on the ground or whether it's a dumping ground for items that were originally supposed to come from other systems before the deadline was reached (not that I have explored everything yet to be sure they don't drop in any other ways)

Hunter Moon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My friend, Undies, got a single full jar off of the boss rat for the Clan Scratch at the rat spawn in the abyss. He got this the first day the expansion came out.

Hunter Moon [HOT] Atlantic

S

Stupid Miner

Can we research the cavern a bit deeper? As has been said, there are a lot of items from that area. The essence of balance comes from any clan, I think, but what about the other ingredients?
Are they divided over the clans? ie does one clan give cloth, but not the other two etc? Or can you get all the different items from either of the 3 clans?

For reference the list is:
Seed of Renewal
Abyssal Cloth
Crystal Shards
Delicate Scales
Arcanic Rune Stone
Crushed Glass
Crystalline Blackrock
Powdered Iron
Elven Fletching

Nine items, my gut feeling is that they are probably divided 3 per clan.
Mage spawn: Abyssal Cloth, Crystal Shards, Rune Stone
Archer Spawn: Elven Fletching
Fighter Spawn: Powdered Iron, Lode Stone

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mage spawn: Abyssal Cloth, Crystal Shards, Rune Stone
Archer Spawn: Elven Fletching
Fighter Spawn: Powdered Iron, Lode Stone
I used to think that too (every item was the same as that list), but in my last run down there I got 1 abyssal cloth from the wolf spawn and 2 from the tinker spawn, as well as a rune stone and powdered iron from the tinker spawn.

It completely threw off my data.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
just a note about the digested parts with timer:
this items are the key for chief paroxysmus.... probably this slimes doesn't know where they are :D