• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

SA / Gargs

S

Skwiz

Noticed this while looking at the new SA page.. Hopefully this isnt exactly like it sounds, im curious to know if anyone else has some insight..

"A Gargoyle's powerful wings carry them over land as fast as a galloping horse and grant them access to special Gargoyle-only areas."

Meaning.. they move at mount speed while not mounted.. This looks like a
"Go ahead and run that super dragon at mount speed And Dismount without having to leave form" Kinda thing..
OR
"Bola and Dismount at mount speed then get away with no chance of being dismounted because you already move at such speeds without a mount"

I personally dont know much about this race.. But im guessing they will be able to use all skills.. and not just crafting skills.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They fly instead of riding, they can't ride a mount. They can be knocked out of the air in the same way that a mounted char can be knocked off a mount.

K

K'torr

True, but I believe the OP point is that they will be able to move at mounted speed without needing a mount, with Super Dragon in tow.

S

Skwiz

True, but I believe the OP point is that they will be able to move at mounted speed without needing a mount, with Super Dragon in tow.
This ^ And if its like it seems they will be a mounted speed dismount aswell.

Used to be that the only way for a dismounter to move at mount speed was to be in Animal form then switch *Non mount speed* into human to dismount.. If they can fly at mount speed.. they can most likely also.. Dismount at mount speed, with a bow this could be a serious problem. Lol

Seems like a dismount buff.. honestly.. Which (not really) im surprised of. EA does have a knack (Spelling?) for doing exactly the oppisite of what is really needed.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That I don't know about. It would be a wise decision if it were decided that flying counted as taking a follower slot, which would keep them grounded when controlling a greater dragon.

Now is the time to query that and maybe make the suggestion, while there's plenty of time to take it into account.

Skylark SP

Available Storage: 0
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Now is the time to query that and maybe make the suggestion, while there's plenty of time to take it into account.
Or at the least, plenty of time to point it out for them to ignore, and say it was something they didn't consider later after they implement it. rolleyes:

-Skylark

C

Corrupted Goblin

Simple fix is they need to cast a lengthy spell in order to resume flight. 5 seconds like an etheral would be fine for this.

S

Skwiz

Simple fix is they need to cast a lengthy spell in order to resume flight. 5 seconds like an etheral would be fine for this.
Im talking more of the Pre-dismount.. Them running up at mount speed and hitting you.. Or.. Getting chased by a gank (Including the dismounter) who will hit you at the right moment.. resulting in total death.. Im hoping this flying this will not allow the person to Dismount from fly mode.. Is basically what im saying.

OldAsTheHills

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That I don't know about. It would be a wise decision if it were decided that flying counted as taking a follower slot, which would keep them grounded when controlling a greater dragon.

I am sure there will be other unintended problems with the Gargoyle race.
I strongly suggest that everyone use the TC.

*stares*
Yahaxithonix

S

Skwiz

This is a rather stupid question, but how does one go about making a garg on test? Havent really looked into it much