• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

SA down?

W

Wolfways

Is the SA client gone or something?
I can load up 2D and KR no problem, but when i try to load up SA i get no response.

W

Wolfways

Hmm, seems it just wanted to spend 15 minutes doing nothing before it started patching...

W

Wolfways

Actually i remember this happening not so long ago.
No response for a while and then a large patch, but the last patch notes are Publish 59: 07/14/09.

Why do i get the feeling that it's patching the same patch it already has....

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They patch SA often to fix things. The publish is something very different.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A patch and a publish are 2 different things.

Patches changes things on your PC, Publishes changes things in game. Like start or stop a event.

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
SA appears to do it's inventory check of what's needed before showing the splash screen ... which means that when there's actually patching to be done, there's a pause before the splash screen appears.

O

Old Man of UO

SA appears to do it's inventory check of what's needed before showing the splash screen ... which means that when there's actually patching to be done, there's a pause before the splash screen appears.
Ya, I noticed that. However, it should really show something so we know that it actually started, rather than making us guess for a minute or more.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It does lead to a 'is this thing working or not' situation. I opened task manager to look for the thing running!

W

Wolfways

They patch SA often to fix things. The publish is something very different.
Aye, but what i'm saying is that after 15 minutes (during which i was playing UO in KR) it started patching yet there's no patch notes. Because of this i assumed that there wasn't supposed to be a patch and therefore SA was patching something it had already patched.
So, did everyone get a patch today?