• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

SA Client Woes

T

tymbow

I decided to give it a go - I'm a regular KR user (and like it) so I expected it would be OK but...

It seems to take forever to start. Uopatch.bin starts then sits there doing nothing. From when I click the icon till when the splash screen appears takes 2-3 minutes. Anyone else seeing this?

The patcher is too slow. I'm not sure what's on the backed but it took me over 6 hours to install because the download of the files was so slow.

I'm sure we will hear a lot of this but this client is slow and extremely ugly. What's with the horrible pixelation? I know it is using the old art but as a result I cannot find a resolution or zoom level where it doesn't look fuzzy or pixelated. Stay with the KR art please.

There is no consistency in the UI. Colours, layout, fonts, font positioning etc. are all over the place and as ugly as sin. Many of the icons (e.g. inside the backpack and on the hotbar) are so small it's not easy to see what they are.

IanJames

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The initial patching is very slow, you're downloading the bulk of the files. They chose to go with a small installer and you download the rest. After today it should be better.

On the slowness, try moving your fps up to 60 in the user options and enable vsync, see if that helps.

In agreement with you on the art, the legacy art in the KR client looks much better than the legacy art in the SA client.