• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

SA Client and Java?

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Does the SA Client and / or any of its initiators use Java for something? If the following is NOT in the client then there is a very long delay involved.

This morning I was using the SA Client to do my daily rounds of Cu and Greater Dragons (Tram, Fel, Ilsh) to see if there was anything worth taming.

Well after checking the Cu's and killing some Changelings, Ilsh Greater Dragons, Trammel Destard and Fire Temple GD's, I went to Destard on the Felucca side about 3/4 of the way to the room adjacent to the Water Elementals, the Client just froze with a pair of Greater Dragons within 6 squares of me. Being a Stealth Tamer I was not all that concerned. I needed to do the ctrl+alt+del to get a Task manger to cancel the client.

What I noticed when it was all said and done was this Java was active and there was a screen asking me to continue/allow things to continue even though the sites revocation credentials were not up to date (the preceding is the jest of the message not a verbatim quote), giving an Ok and Cancel button. I chose Cancel. Restarted the SA Client and finished.

I have most certainly ran the client longer than this before so .....

What is ... curious is the association between the Client freezing and the Credentials message.

Shamus Turlough

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have been using the SA client for some time now. I do not see anything in that client that interfaces with java. Did you have anything else running at the time? Sometimes programs that run in the taskbar "call home" via the internet and will use a java interface to transmit data.

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not really, I am running Windows 7 RC1 64Bit.

I would be surprised if it were Microsoft using Java :)

Aside from that very little runs on this computer at this time.

I do have the Yahoo Widgets runing and if all else fails, I will point at them :)

FireFox is the Web Browser but it was not running.

I have Open Office installed but I do not have, nor do I allow the loader to stay resident.

If it is not SA then the best candidate is the Yahoo Widgets, but why would that stop the SA Client cold in its tracks? I accept that it could all be just coincidence.