• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Tech Help] SA and Win7

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My friend is trying to install the SA client on her new PC with Win7.

She getting several error message first.

-Some Installation files are corrupt. Please download a fresh copy and retry the installation

then

-CRS failed in support\ea help\crash\start_crashes.htm
unexpexted end of archive.

and

-if this program didn't install correctly,try installing using settings that are compatible with this version of windows.

Is she doing something wrong and forgeting something or does she need to redownload patcher?

Its windows 7 32-bit enterprise edition.

We appreciate any help. its not easy for me to help her with her living at the other side of the world :)

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*Shrug*

Sounds like a bad download to me, OR something is corrupting the file when it is being read from where it is stored.

I have a Celeron D 3.22 GHZ, 2GB Ram running Windows 7 RTM. I was unaware they were making an Enterprise version.

Are you sure it is Enterprise and not Ultimate OR Windows 7 and not Windows Server 2008 R2?

Regardless, I have had no issues installing and runing the Enhanced Client or the Enhanced 2D client for Open Beta on that machine (other than poor performance that I ascribe to an NVIDIA 6200LE AGP that is not non the supported list) or the Windows 7 RTM 64Bit.

What follows are dumb questions but they are basic questions as well.

How long has your friends Win7 been up?

Are you comfortable that the installation is working properly?

That the memory / cpu etc are working properly?

There is a Windows memory test you can run at boot up.

You can also run the dxdiag from the run menu.

These will help to establish the stability etc of the Operating System.

D

Dar_Napa

My friend is trying to install the SA client on her new PC with Win7.

She getting several error message first.

-Some Installation files are corrupt. Please download a fresh copy and retry the installation

then

-CRS failed in support\ea help\crash\start_crashes.htm
unexpexted end of archive.

and

-if this program didn't install correctly,try installing using settings that are compatible with this version of windows.

Is she doing something wrong and forgeting something or does she need to redownload patcher?

Its windows 7 32-bit enterprise edition.

We appreciate any help. its not easy for me to help her with her living at the other side of the world :)
Not really sure this would help but try installing it outside the Program Files Directory. I've got it running on my Win7 Ultimate with no problems. But I do have it installed on C:\Electronic Arts\

-Dar

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not really sure this would help but try installing it outside the Program Files Directory. I've got it running on my Win7 Ultimate with no problems. But I do have it installed on C:\Electronic Arts\

-Dar
Oooh, that is interesting as I have mine installed on a seperate disk under a Root Directory named Games.

While I have not had issues with programs installing themselves in Program Files, I have had some headaches with that issue under Vista.

Also I have the UAC turned off, I had forgotten all about that.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes its Win7 Enterprise. She specific said that to mention it.

I'll ask her everything when she wakes up and when i see her back online.
My gut feeling tells me that something went wrong with downloading the patcher. I will ask her if the patcher is 17.7 MB big she downloaded. Thats atleast what mine says it is.

Thanks for the suggestions.

*Sometimes i wish we had gates like in UO so i could easely go to her and see what the problem could be. :)

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
She got the Enhanced client up and running. It was the patcher who was downloaded badly the first time.