• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

RvR

• Thread starter ValenceTrident
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
V

ValenceTrident

Is RvR the main reason you are interested in WAR? It seems to me that WAR will just be a WoW clone with an added emphasis on PvP via the RVR system.

N

Northman

RvR is definitely the main reason. Ever since UO I've waited for a game to be released that has as much emphasis on PvP. I never was high enough level in DAoC to get involved, but I will be in WAR.

I'm curious in what way WAR is a WoW clone...

E

Eh-Tah-Chi

Aye, this game will reinvent pvp as WoW did pvm.
If you consider it a clone you are dead wrong, as the only thing cloned would be the 3D rendering as opposed to 2D compared to UO...
And in that sense WoW, Lineage, and all the other games are clones of EQ.

N

Northman

Aye, this game will reinvent pvp as WoW did pvm.
If you consider it a clone you are dead wrong, as the only thing cloned would be the 3D rendering as opposed to 2D compared to UO...
And in that sense WoW, Lineage, and all the other games are clones of EQ.
Exactly. WoW didn't reinvent the wheel, they just improved on it.