• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Inscription] Running an Inscription Vendor...

Melchiah

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Hi all,
Looking for a bit of open discussion really with relation to running a modern inscription vendor. Ran one a number of years ago with fair success, but wanted to check to see what items are still popular. On Europa, there aren't too many similar vendors, but those that are active seem to do alright from the items they sell!
So I was thinking...

Full Runebooks
Cities, Tram and Fel
Dungeons, Tram and Fel
Malas Locations
Tokuno Locations
Empty books

Full Spellbooks...
Magery
Necromancy
Bushido
Chivalry
Mystic
Weaving
Empty books with mods
Scrappers

Other items...
Single spell scrolls - recall, resurrect, gate, what else? SW & Mystic?
Scroll binders
BOD Books
Book engraving tools

Anything else you think would be in demand?

Thanks in advance for any thoughts or comments!

Varingian

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Scroll binders. Lot of pink scrolls to combine with the new trade quests.

Never mind. I see you listed those already. Somehow I missed it.

Rhiannon

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've had an inscription vendor off and on in Luna for 5-6 years and it always sells out before I can refill. I think you have a great selection there. Being a scribe from the beginning, I say GO FOR IT!
:cheerleader:

Melchiah

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
What would you look for in terms of pricing...? Seems to be so varied across the shards I'm not entirely sure what's reasonable and what's not!

Rhiannon

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's supply and demand on your shard. What I do is use the new handy dandy vendor search tool and try to find my exact item (i.e. spellbook 64 spells Mana Increase 1). Then I try to price at or below the lowest price (unless it's stupid cheap). If something on my vendor is not selling, I do a price recheck to make sure I'm not overpriced.

Henzy

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
@Rhiannon thank you for mentioning the vendor search tool, because I didn't know of its excistance. Looks really cool. Now I am planning to set up a vendor myself. Is my vendor automatically to be found with this tool?
Regards,
Henzy

Melchiah

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Henzy, it is indeed set up to be included. However you can opt out if you want to - quite useful sometimes if you're struggling to restock!