• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Runic Made Super Slayers

5% Luck

Ive been spaming the bank posting on boards and burning runic(100s) for 2 months now and have not come up with one decent super slayer weapon. I been using bronze hammers and have been thinking of dipping down into the copper hammer stash since they are soo ridiculously rare.

When I do a search on atlantic I only come up with kinda junky corpse loot super slayers with low to no DI and no other decent properties.

Whats a rich champ spawner to do?

5% Luck

So I did this test tell me if im totally off here

I bought 100K blank scrolls. I made 10k spell books I got 6 super slayer books.

If the super slayer rate caries over I would assume to get one every 1660 swings of my runic hammer.

To me that is obseen!

Bronze hammer (bare minimum for extra mods) has 35 uses. 1660/35 is 48 runic hammers. So i have to burn 50 bronze hammers for 1 super slayer. @ 350k each 17.5 million gold for one super slayer! The mage gets on in under 10k(8000 gp).

17.5 million....

Hrmm I ll bet theres some crafty crafters out there just waiting for this bit of golden information!

Now Am I willing to pay that?

With all the work ive put into this so far(yes) and the considered value/use (no)of the said item.

Maybe....

What do you guys think?

On atlantic btw pm me me if ya got something id be interested in!

Its just that rare! 17.5 million!

D

Dmaninuo

wont begin to tell ya how many runics I burnt through, but finished one "personal goal" a few weeks ago. I finally have a complete set of silver edged mace super slayers (undead/whatever)

I figure after a while it gets frustrating, but you can make them. To bad yer not on Origin, I'd let you go through my cull box for weapons that suit you.

Setnaffa

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can't really compare the spell books to runics because spell books have a high chance of having no properties, and those that have properties rarely have more than 1 or 2. Runics always have magic properties and always have an expected average number of properties. Another difference is that Spell books only have a few possible properties while weapons have 33 possible possibilities.

All that being said, your odds are about 1 in 1,000 of getting a super slayer property* (undead, reptile, arachnid, demon, elemental, or repond) on a runic-crafted weapon. Since a Bronze Hammer always gives three properties, you should get a Super Slayer every (1,000/3) 334 properties or one every (334/35) 10 bronze hammers. That's about my average. I've gone as many as 30 bronze hammers without a SS, but I've made two with the same hammer before as well.

If you are looking for a specific super slayer, then your odds are 1 in 6,000.

And yes. Runic-Made Super Slayers are rare and valuable; especially since they made the intensity change to them earlier this year (i.e. all runics can hit 100% intensity). Besides the rarity of the property, the fact you can choose the weapon you make (i.e. fast and high dps) also makes them much more valuable than a typical looted weapon.

* 33 possible Properties of which Slayer is 1. About 1 out of 30 slayers rolls as a Super Slayer. 33*30 = 990 (close enough to call it 1,000).

The Scandinavian

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi Setnaffa,

Im pretty sure there are only 24 slayers.

5% Luck:Have you read my thread about the quest for all superslayer warforks?

I had to use 134 Bronze hammers,2 Gold hammers and 2 Agapite hammers to make all superslayers.And the reason I mention it is that I averaged 1 superslayer per 7 Bronze hammers.

How to make a link?

Regards
The Scandinavian

G

gjohnson5

I am in agreement after burning atleast 10 copper hammers that your chances of getting a 1/2 way decent slayer aren't very good. This is with 120 blacksmithing, 100 arms lore, and a +130 ancient hammer

Setnaffa

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi Setnaffa,

Im pretty sure there are only 24 slayers.
Yeah, there are 24 slayers, but one of the devs (I don't remember which one) said the odds of a super slayer were slightly less than the regular slayers. My experience is 1 out of around 1,000 properties, which means the odds are 1 out of about 30 for a super slayer if you roll the slayer property.

The Scandinavian

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oki,

they are sneake the devs.

Im sure the different properties have not the same probability...and I do thionk that one of the devs have said that some of the properties are more common.

I mean ,how often do you get Hit Fireball??!!
I always to use the "random generator" in the best way and I would say that you get better odds if you follow the streak.

Regards
The Scandinavian

The Scandinavian

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi 5% Luck,

what properties do you consider as good ones?
There are 3 on Bronze runics so not that many to get on the same weapon.
Slayer property already have taken one.

I would say that SSI and SC are my top 2 outside of the slayer property.
To be followed of whatever Hit lower (attack or defence) depending of slayer type.

Regards
The Scandinavian

5% Luck

What Im looking for is Mana Leech and HLA/D. So far Ive made about 8 super slayers and none have ML on them. Its turly boggling to me how much this thing will be worth(all cost) when done.

Scand. Yea I read your post on the forks(old board) I figured im close to those numbers. I was trying to get an easy way to reference the chance the mod will roll using scrolls.

Any how I do have target slayers that are awesome now but carrying that many weapons to a champ spawn will take its toll and Id rather spend my gold on the runic made weapon or more runic hammers.

Perfect weapon

Spear (Pike add 30SSI)
Demon/Reptile/Arachnid/Repond(no undead Conj trinket)
Mana leech 50% <-mandatory
HLA 50% <-mandatory
HLD 50% 2ndary (I use M&S)
HCI 15 Wish!
DCI 15 Nice to have!
DI 40+

I figure with a copper hammer I have about a 30% chance at rolling 3 mods and even less of them being intensity wize decent enough. Where the bronze gets me into to mandatory range every time # of mod wise.

So realy what im looking for is a 3 mod weapon and its just not happening!