• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Runic Chisel and Mallet oddity

blaisels

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Unlike other runic tools, stone crafting tools are obtained from the three power scroll quests in Ter Mur. This is presumably the easiest implementation solution compared to the BOD system.

Unfortunately the developer chose a rather odd runic distribution. For those who don't know, the stone tool progression follows that of smith tools. They range from dull copper to valorite with the same intensity budget. One difference is that all stone tools have the same 10 charges, be it dull copper or valorite.

After over 2000 turn-ins, I've found that high runic tools drop just about as often as low runic tools, implying a universal drop rate between 2 to 2.5 percent. I've thus far got one of each runic except bronze, agapite, and verite, of which I have got three each. The mix of runic drop doesn't depends on quests either. I got my valorite runic from residue turn-in and dull copper from essence turn-in.

This makes reforging with stone frustrating not to mention devaluing the high runic tools.

There are two obvious solutions. The first is to leverage the implicit three-tier quest structure, making the residue turn-in quest drop mostly low runic with total drop rate some what higher than it is currently. The fragment turn-in can be made to drop only high runic with the same overall rate as it is currently. Alternatively the developer could just changes the relative odds of each runic to favor lower ones.

This will make the overall mix of high and low runic stone tools more comparable to other runic tools.