• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

runebooks/devs

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The developers job is not to pander to focus groups, but to do what is right.
The sheeple have no idea what they want, people only think they know what they want.

Last edited:

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
PVP and PVM are not the only aspects of the game.
Coming from you JC, I'm surprised you say such.

Insofar as my play style when I log in with the thinkpad - tending vendors, crafting items, decorating houses, and helping new ppl is the rule. I log onto my spiffy-Alienware box for hunting, running dungeons, grabbing arse in Yew and IDOC sitting.

*edited because there is no such thing as "play style" for me. playing UO is just that... PLAYING UO.
Playing UO for you my old friend is a way of life

Not a play style

Lord Nabin

Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Agreed if I wanted to walk every place I would play RuneScape :)
I actually like traveling the lands. Seems like the roads are in great condition do to such a lack of use.

A recall or gate is a nice way to travel but I prefer the back roads, forests, and Glens of Sosaria

Lord Nabin

Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Lanterns are my light of choice.

It preserves mana

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
I actually like traveling the lands. Seems like the roads are in great condition do to such a lack of use.

A recall or gate is a nice way to travel but I prefer the back roads, forests, and Glens of Sosaria
Perhaps, and I sometimes feel that I'm the first to visit some places in years... But I also miss the very many odd corners of the maps that we used to have such fun with, all the unintended caves, tops of trees and waterfalls (and bottoms of waterfalls!), etc. There's a nice little cave by Despise, for example, which now is blocked everywhere. Same for the room under the sea, the Yew cave, and dozens of other places. I've been to your house Nabin; I know you have several runebooks of runes that no longer work, as do I.

...I'd just like to go back to being able to enjoy finding, marking, and sharing odd places. For some of us, it was a very enjoyable thing that made UO unique.

Val-Tur

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Perhaps, and I sometimes feel that I'm the first to visit some places in years... But I also miss the very many odd corners of the maps that we used to have such fun with, all the unintended caves, tops of trees and waterfalls (and bottoms of waterfalls!), etc. There's a nice little cave by Despise, for example, which now is blocked everywhere. Same for the room under the sea, the Yew cave, and dozens of other places. I've been to your house Nabin; I know you have several runebooks of runes that no longer work, as do I.

...I'd just like to go back to being able to enjoy finding, marking, and sharing odd places. For some of us, it was a very enjoyable thing that made UO unique.

Yup, I am also saddened by all the unique places lost to us. I have returned from an extended time away. I roamed the lands again with my new Atlas' marking places I never got around to. After going through several rune libraries that are left.. I find the same as you - so many places now lost to us.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Still waiting for the revert.......Do we have a date? I'm tired of squinting :coco:
Well they did seem to do it on the fly with little to no warning , seems it could be a very quick fix. BTW if I have not mentioned it lately......... Runebooks are still broken ;)

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I will say, in the last few weeks they seem to have improved the color on them so that it is at least distinguishable. However it's still wishy washy and you can't have different shades of a color and tell them apart.