• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Rune thief's....

Teslawear

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Being a banksitter, you tend to see the comings and the goings of certain people. And there has been something that has plagued UO and it's players trying to push new vendors that they spend a ton of time on and may not exactly have the best location for a lot of traffic to get their vendors seen. Vendor search doesn't pull in many people even if you have a product that is in high demand and have the lowest price on the shard.

But this morning I have noticed something that has plagued UO since the first rune was dropped to promote a new vendor. Rune thief's! People that pick up every rune they see and set down their own. I don't see the harm in leaving someone elses rune out there and dropping your own. I watched a guy this morning go along and pick up every rune, and drop his/hers. And anytime someone sat down runes, they waited for the guy to leave and picked them up.

What is the point?

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Being a banksitter, you tend to see the comings and the goings of certain people. And there has been something that has plagued UO and it's players trying to push new vendors that they spend a ton of time on and may not exactly have the best location for a lot of traffic to get their vendors seen. Vendor search doesn't pull in many people even if you have a product that is in high demand and have the lowest price on the shard.

But this morning I have noticed something that has plagued UO since the first rune was dropped to promote a new vendor. Rune thief's! People that pick up every rune they see and set down their own. I don't see the harm in leaving someone elses rune out there and dropping your own. I watched a guy this morning go along and pick up every rune, and drop his/hers. And anytime someone sat down runes, they waited for the guy to leave and picked them up.

What is the point?
Pre Vendor Search it was a way to keep the competition down but with VS most of the runes are for the Auction Safes.

Cady

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Vendor search doesn't pull in many people even if you have a product that is in high demand and have the lowest price on the shard.
I wholeheartedly disagree, my experience has been quite different than that. Have you had a vendor in the last couple of years?

iLLegal Means

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
putting in my two cents worth..... every since I started playing this game (many moons ago)... anything put on the ground was fair game, the risks of advertising... yeah I have vendors and I drop a few runes once and a while... what happens after I walk off I've always left to chance.

SugarMMM

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well I guess i'm a rune thief then! Hehe

From day one of the game I have always picked up anything on the ground to either sell or use. I still to this day pick up reagents as i'm running around!

In towns I look at it as litter and clean it up because I hate the mess.