• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Rune Beetle Poisoning

Love them Redheads

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I believe the max poisoning post tame is 126.

But what I'm wondering is what good is it anyways to have over 100. Is there a point where it's not doing anything.

When I'm out looking for a good beetle if I find one with sweet stats, awesome resists and near max eval int... but the poisoning skill, post tame is only 105...... is that really any worse than 120+ poisoning?

Barry Gibb

Of Saintly Patience
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I do not know what effect, if any, poisoning skill has on the Rune Beetle's poison. I have seen speculation in the past that it may not poison a target as often as a beetle with higher skill. However, I have not seen any evidence to support that it does or does not make a difference.

If you are hapy with its stats, resists, and Eval Int, then I would not worry about its Poisoning skill. It will still do great if used properly. My personal preference for evaluating Rune Beetles is:
  1. Resists - Near max values are a must (if they stink, I don't think twice about putting it down). It needs to take a lickin.
  2. Dex/Stamina - Anything over 150 (higher the better), Swing Speed is faster for every 30 Stamina (by 0.25 seconds).
  3. Eval Int - This can be up to 112.5 (if pre-tame was 125.0), this will help it's casting ability.
  4. Int/Mana - It can have a high mana pool, coupled with #3, the Rune Beetle is a potent mage.
  5. Hit Points - Even though it is a small range (50 points), it is never bad to consider. It needs to keep on tickin.
Bottom line is if you are happy with it, then keep it, bond it, and use it. You can always keep on looking.

Stayin Alive,

BG

krilov

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i've analyzed rune beetles quite a lot and for a long time now...and i'm still surprised how the AI of a certain beetle (on which u would never bet) can make a huge difference. Crazy pets...really...
Said this, i can tell u that about runes (from reading around, my own experience/tests) :

The runes can inflict poison dmg by spell or by melee attack;
When the pet has got both magery and poisoning, the poison lvl that can be inflicted depends on the lvl of these 2 skill: with magery 100 and poisoning 100 the rune beetle got just a 10% chance of casting lethal poison.
Said this, keep in mind that any mob/pet with magery skill, tend to cast the poison spell quite often; therefore, trying to have the highest poisoning skill is quite usefull for increasing the chance to see the higher lvls of poisons casted.

In top of that, poisoning lvl influences the chance to get higher lvl poisons inflicted by melee attacks too. a 120+ poisoning is required for being able to inflict lethal.... that does not mean he will inflict lethal everytime if he has 120+...but it simply means he got the chance to do it.

Now there's a relation between stats and poisoning, especially poisoning through melee attack; since swing rate is influenced by stamina ..the more the rune hits..... higher would be the chance to see poison inflicted. So at least look for 150 stami -runes
But...there's a but, since the highest % that a rune will inflict lethal comes from melee, it would be wise to put your hands on a top-swinger rune...NOW,...with an eva int skill 110+ it can be blessed (auto blessed) for pumping its dex and reaching the ideal 180 stamina..
All of this means that.. it's better if u look for runes with 162+ stami ( can't actually remember the minimum stami value required for reaching 180)and not for the 150s

Moreover, since runes use to cast often and when they do it, they cast a lot of spells, you really want the highest eva int. that's 110+
I would say a good rune beetle has to have around 350 hp ( if i'm right 360 is the max); even 30 points more in hp, imo, can make the difference. U need to think of a cursed beetle...(especially if u can't remove curse by yourself)
Str helps in dmg too even if it's a secondary stat; quite important is the mana...the rune is the kind of pet that does specials and cast like hell...and all these things require mana. The downside of having lots of mana is...the more mana the runes has..the more he will cast., the less he will use melee...therefore u'll have lower chances to see the powa lethal.

So, if you're asking me about a pvm or fully pvp oriented rune...i would seriously take in consideration, also, that mana-factor. Imo, for pvm, i would prefere a rune with lower mana...cuz melee atck is faster than spells that means he does more dmg in less time. ;)
At the end of all that...there's still the AI of each single rune...in my stable i got few runes; all of them top rated as well as top skilled;anyway i'm still keeping one rune that i renamed " the outsider "; he's way more less skilled than the others but for some unknown reasons he performs better than them, quite often. And i love it ;)
Hope it helped ;)

Last edited: