• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Enhanced Client Rubberbanding

ShadowTrauma

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have been using the EC for quite awhile now and I have grown to really appreciate its extra features, while rubberbanding exists in both clients I have noticed in the EC it is far more extreme in nature and can have a huge impact on a player's experiences. I pvp often with good-great latency and rubberbanding in combat can definately be the difference when trying to survive.

Causes and situations that seem to compund issue:
  • Cause: Not having enough stamina to push through.
  • Running and being mounted obviously has a bigger effect.
  • Cause: Bumping into houses: primarily the front stairs area.
  • The more houses and objects on screen make this worse, something the CC seems to handle better. It obviously could be due to the increase in resolution etc... my system and latency is quite good so I'm suprised it has such an drastic effect.
  • Having auto-navigate on seems to make rubberbanding more dramatic.
Those are some of the areas where rubberbanding is very noticeable, but if I can think of more or expand on them further I will edit.

*I'm not 100% sure if it is related, but after rubberbanding my characters position in the game can become skewed and further complicate the experience. It often doesn't fix or become apparent until using a skill (for example hide will sometimes cause character to move and unhide) or exiting/entering war mode, whereupon my characters position will adjust and move him (often a few tiles) to the proper position.*

I look forward to seeing the EC with new art tiles etc... and continuing to receive the attention it deserves. It certainly has become more stable and I thank the team for that.

Last edited:

Misk

UO QA Lead
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Those are some of the areas where rubberbanding is very noticeable, but if I can think of more or expand on them further I will edit.

This is an issue that is already in the system.

Last edited: